• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTS editing as practise

Aloow

Reaction score
Hello otland, greetings from germany,

after I literally spend my whole weekend here for searching this and that
I decided to publish my thoughts, too.

First of all: big RESPECT to those who deal with OTS development and make them able to less-/noneducated people. Must be annoying to see noobs spamming every single thing every single day. But somehow you keep going helping.
I really appreciate that!

Well, when I was like 12 years old I made my first experience with OTS editing (just mapping and scripting), really don't know what client version tibia was at that time. One time I made a castle with a lever inside that opens/closes the castle entrance. I felt like Bill Gates back then. :p

Now I'm 20 years old and really(!) missing those tibiatimes.
And as I'm going to (if God may allow) study IT on college I wanted to practise for it on tibia, whether it is content of IT or just ... ehm... 1+1 maths.

My idea was a style of League of Legends in Tibia format. I've already edited some things like
Paladin is Ashe with 4 spells and higher cooldowns. Like 500 HP and 230 MP slowly regenerating. etc.
I wondered what makes LoL more popular than Tibia.
You may disagree with me, but I think it is that League of Legends needs a little strategy in a fight
whereas in Tibia everyone with good equipment and skills can kill somebody without using any tactic.
That is due to the contrast of regenerating of HP/MP and potions usage.
That is where I find tibia could improve. Where is my PvP skill when I just push hotkey till it breaks? Nowadays everybody levels up high, uses 1234567890 potions (or spells) in 1 minute and calls himself "Pro" or "Immortal". That's where I dislike tibia a little bit now.

I know I got out of topic. :p

Ehm...yeah. And I wanted to make a project out of fun, nothing serious. But I cannot host any server due to my ISP changed my IPv4 to IPv6...
So I'm going to play it locally with my friends.

It would be nice if anybody shares his opinions for the LoL style in Tibia.

I swear I heard there was a fully functional LoL OT out there somewhere that my friend was playing...

But welcome to the club buddy! You have a very similar story to mine... Started playing tibia 7.1 I think... I was young... I learned what OTS were, .. started playing them... I found OTFans... was like what... you can make your own???????? xD and from there i've been hoverin around.. I credit my love for computers and coding to Open Tibia... I also go to school for IT atm, because of open tibia haha. I've really started trying to learn way more.. code more.. and I want to try and give back to this community, not only to help people come up the same way I did, but I think the more involved you are.. the way more you learn... even tho I think OTS and Tibia are dying. Cant get away.... complete custom projects are hard... and time consuming.. But its the way I learned, and probably most people learned on this board. Best of luck if you decide to continue on this idea!

Last edited:
Back