• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Perfect 7.4 RPGish Old Times Server? Suggestions and Technical Questions

preguntonontrac

Reaction score
Hello,

I am planning to develop further a 7.4 server using the available maps and distros. I will divide the questions in 2 (Suggestions and Technical):

Suggestions:
(Help me decide the RPG specs and musts of a perfect 7.4)

1)Rates? i was thinking something between 6-8x Exp, still looking for suggestions.

2)Best Skills/Magic rate foe 6 and 8x?

3) Should i developed the map further? New quests and map areas? Even thought i am using RL Map?

4)Custom website or the old tibia website like some ots like realera and original tibia are using?

5) I can pay for the first test month of dedicated hosting but donations are required... Help me decide what to add to donations so it does not ruin the fun. I hate pay to win servers too... I will make promo free (out of game) i was thinking on adding premium for islands like edron and houses.

***Already decided: RL Map

Technical:
(I've been out of scene for some years, help me decide and find the technical part so i can develope it further)

1)Best distro? I could only find the avera distro but any other distro you may like more for this kind of server is welcomed? why and which one with link.

2) 7.4 Map I have some maps but i heard there is an almost perfect map out there. Link?

3)Made a whole discussion for hosting but if you want to contribute: http://otland.net/f251/good-dedicated-hosting-providers-192563/

***Already decided: 7.4 or 7.72 custom client for 7.4 distro

-----
Ill add new question to this main post and a reply saying i added questions.

Your opinion counts.

- Exp rate: 2~4x ( Old tibia wasnt made for super high levels and wars get boring after lvl 100+ )
- You need to balance magic level with mana regeneration, mana regen should be low. Skills should always get better rates if you modify mana regeneration. (Ex: skills 5x ml 3x and 2x faster mana regen)
- IMO, map should only be developed any further if all hunting places gets crowded. ( That means a lot of players online )
- A nice visual website is enough, try making something of your own.
- Yes, premmy should have their advantages but you could add in-game premmium scrolls or something like that. (So when a player buy premmy, ex: 3$, he gets 3 premmy scrolls worth 10 days each.

And most important, server location.
If you're from america, you need to spread your server in different foruns since most people from here are europeans.

Yeah all good points. The only thing is that maybe something between 4x and 8x since the tibianic server is doing a great job for a low rate server.

Well, that's just my opnion.
There's not too much to do after you get lvl 100+, unless you wanna grind like a no-life korean and get lvl 200, then you power level just a bit more like a no-life korean and get 300.

As I said, old tibia wasnt made for high levels.
But the server is yours, you do what you think it's best.

Good luck with it :)

Back