• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Please read this, thanks in advance.

xKrazyx

Old School
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,
First and foremost thank you for taking the time to read this post. My names Caleb, I've been around Tibia since 7.4, immediately fell in love with the game. Around 7.8 my friend showed me an OT where he UE'd and killed dragons in one hit. I was like WTF? I immediately looked at OTFans. Around 8.0 I started downloading XML servers to try and make my own OTS(To no avail, I was 11-13?) In 8.4 I was a little smarter and helped develop a server named WoWOT based off of World of Warcraft and tibia, that went well for a while. 8.6 I made an account on OTland as people were switching to this site. I had a decent knowledge of how to program in LUA, XML, running servers on Crying Damson. I opened my own Realmap. I had about 120 players. That went down after about 2 months when 9000 more RLMaps opened up. From then to now I developed my skills as a amateur programmer. Realizing how much I missed Old school PvP my friend and I decided to work on an old school War server, as of now, I can program in LUA decently well, any XML, and can now start scripting in C/C++. We developed WaropolisWar and had a steady stream of players just to have fun and re-live old school PvP without bots. Players realized how fun it was and begged for an RPG from Sepeku and I(Krazy). So we set out to make a RealMap Old school server with the adventure and same feeling as 7.4-7.6. We put about 100+ hours in revamping real map spawns, adding new monsters, new spawns, new quest lines., etc.. etc.. After extensive testing and tampering we decided our OT was ready! I look around for good dedicated servers to host the server in the USA. Having 0 prior knowledge with linux, and 0 response to my thread to pay someone on Otland to help me compile it in linux, I did only what I knew how to do. I switched the dedicated I got from Linux to Windows OS, installed Xampp, imported the database, dropped PMA local host, and setup all the security I knew how to do. First day the server was up 10-15 players logged in. Second day the server was up 15-25 players logged in, 3rd day we hit 41 players! Which is crazy for a USA 7.4 old school server. Almost every player who logged in commented and commended us for the work we put in and how we listen to our players and fix everything fast and immediately. 3rd day, Players start losing connection. Let the DDos begin.. Even through the DDos the next day we hit 50 Players! That day, I come up from downstairs from eating a sandwich(Roast beef) and I get this message from a player named "Yoshimitzu", saying he had been deleted. 5 minutes later I get 5-10 more messages about players being deleted. Stunned and had no idea on what was happening I closed the server quickly. Only to be greeted by 2 new GMS who I had no idea who they were, used /openserver. Summon 10+ Orshabaals and sit in temple. Not knowing what happened and pretty pieved I just asked how they did it. The guy says "2013 and still xampp?" "ioblaster never forgive never forget" "Injecting a shell into your database FTW". As I shutdown my server with my database half deleted, left with a backup roll back export from the previous day, I say to myself.... "What now?". "How do I stop this with 0 idea how to?", "what is the point in continuing to try when this will happen?" Which is the reason for this entire longass post. Im reaching out to you guys on OTLand who have more knowledge than I do for help.... OFCOURSE TIME IS MONEY.... And im telling you now i would be willing to pay you for your time of course.. hopefully you take pitty and leave some encouraging words, or offer to help me and my friend. Feel free to add me on Skype *********. As RealTibia goes down hill, I say that OTS is my last connection to Tibia... And with this happening its pretty discouraging to stay in OTS. Thanks for reading.

Yours truly, the Developers of WaropolisRPG and WaropolisWAR,
Caleb....

PS:If you happen to read this and you are the cause of the destruction of a great server. What was the point? What would you stoop that low to do that crap to the only 7.4 good USA server that's out there?

Last edited:
I'd like to give a shout out to the degenerate sociopaths that attacked and possibly ruined one of the remaining few good old school OT servers out there. Some people just don't seem to fucking get that Tibia and especially Old School Tibia is a dying culture that impacted all of our adolescents. I may hate some as players but we all as people share a common love and respect and obsession for this amazing game. So to see people ruin and stab at others hard work making the community bleed out faster is pathetic. It's just ridiculous and beyond me why some people could be so fucking stupid and self centered. If anyone can help Caleb out I'm sure he would appreciate it. And best of luck Caleb with fixing the server up, i'll still be playing if it ever comes back up.

Back