• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Quarantine, the Medieval Zombie Project

iMadison

Back from the dark.
Reaction score
Quarantine.png

Team as of now:
Madison (me): Mapper and Developer
BardockTornado: Mapper

Quarantine is a truly unique server being developed by only one single person, me, and mapped by Bardock and I. A lot of thinking was put into this project before anything was started for real.

This server is a Zombie Slayer-type OT, meaning that as a player, you are fighting the infected to survive, or vis versa. I'll get into more detail down below.
NOTE! The server will not be identical to the concept art shown in this thread, due to the fact that we are limited to Tibia Sprites and will not be using a custom client.

Storyline, Setting, and Objective:

Setting~ Take's place in Tibia, Thais, but about say 100 years away from what RL Tibia is right now. So, of course, New Thais is nothing like the Thais you know of.

Story~ All was seemingly well after the triumph over Morgaroth and the Ruthless Seven. Tibia had finally found peace for once and no more monstrosities roamed the land...That is, until The Plague hit. It had only been months after the Demons were gone when it struck Carlin. The infection caused people to turn into bloodthirsty zombie-like cannibals, hunting down every living thing. Those who survived an attack by an Infected were no better than dead, for once you made direct contact with an Infected, the sickness would pass on to the person and that person would turn within minutes..and there was no cure.
Soon, the Plague spread from Carlin to Ab'Dendriel and then eventually to all of Tibia itself. Every hero of Tibia tried to stop this infection but they themselves fell, for the numbers were too great.
The population had gone from millions to mere hundreds in months.
Now, the large fortified city, New Thais, is the only place left with normal living survivors, but even those strong walls can't hold back the deadly plague forever...

Objective~ You as a player, your goal is basically to stay alive. Slaying the infected isn't as easy as you think, so don't try to rush in and play it lone-wolf, you will surely die. Teamwork is definitely recommended in this OT.

The Map:
As said already, the Map that will be used is going to be New Thais. It is a custom city similar to Thais of RL Tibia, but 4 times bigger, with a large options of traveling. There will be the semi-large sewage system that runs underneath the city. There will be many roof-to-roof style houses (example: ways to get from one house to the next house by crossing wooden planks or fallen objects, etc). There will also be a few secret tunnels.
Now, for the safe zones; there will be one major safe zone, where you first start off, in the center of the city (the Temple). Aside from that there are very few Safe Houses (small houses that you are able to stay in without fear of being attacked by the infected.
Very Important Note!: You CAN NOT! log out anywhere in the city, ONLY IN SAFE ZONES.
QuarantineTitle.jpg

The Infected:

InfectedRat.gif

Proper name: Infected Rat
Seen as in-game: Rat
Rats are usually seen only around sewer grates and in the sewage system of New Thais. Alone they pose no real threat, for they can barely harm a person. But in packs they can injure you, only minorly, but they can infect you, though their infection isn't as strong as a normal infected human.

Infected.gif

Proper name: Infected Human
Seen as in-game: Infected
These are the common infected that you will normally encounter. The don't move fast or hit very hard but if bitten by one, you will get infected.

EnragedInfected.gif

Proper name: Enraged Infected Human
Seen as in-game: Enraged Infected
These infected humans are to be feared at close quarters. They don't infect you like normal infected humans, but they straight for the kill. They move fast and hit really hard. They are easier to kill than normal infected, so killing them at a distance is recommended unless you are prepared to take hard hits.

Boomer.gif

Proper and seen as in-game name: Boomer
These infected don't appear very often, only in the big waves. But nonetheless, these infected are very dangerous indeed. They don't attack like normal infected humans, they run in close and blow themselves up, sending blood everywhere in a large radius of itself. If you come in contact with the blood, you will become infected. They have a lot of health but move very slow, so killing them from a distance is the way to go.

Tank.gif

Proper and seen as in-game name: Tank
The most feared of all infected but also rarely seen, only during waves. They move extremely fast, so running from them is nearly impossible. They are similar to enraged infected humans, they just go up to you and pound you to a pulp. 2 hits from this infected human and you're a goner, or 3 if you're lucky. They have a lot of health and defense, so you will need a strong team to take one of these down.

Notes on the Infected:
- There will be plenty infected spawns
- But, there will also be "waves"
- Waves can vary from as easy as just a few common infected or rat plague, to as hard as a massive wave of infected with the rare Tanks and boomers
- For info on being "infected" read the Vocations section
- The infected can open doors and go up/down stairs (not ladders or sewer grates
Conceptart1.jpg

Players/Vocations:

The vocations are simple; You're a survivor who either favors Melee or Ranged fighting.

Survivor.png

Survivor: Fighter/Archer
Seen in-game: a Survivor (Fighter/Archer)
Fighters use melee to fight, therefore have better defense of the two vocations. While Archers have weak defense, they use ranged fighting to kill off the infected from a distance. In a group of players, always wise to have a couple of Archers with Fighters in front.

Plague_Hunter.png

Plague Hunter:
Seen as in-game: a Plague Hunter
When a players has successfully slain 1000 Infected Rats, 1000 Infected Humans, 100 Enraged Infected Humans, 100 Boomers, and 20 Tanks, he/she is legible for a promotion to become a Plague Hunter. This vocation raises the speed of a player so you can now outrun any Infected, except Tanks. Furthermore, their skills go up faster and are able to use both ranged and melee combat and have good defense as well. And also, Plague Hunters are immune to the infection, so you cannot become one of them.

Infected.png

Infected Human:
Seen as in-game: an Infected Player
When you are bitten by an Infected that is a carrier, you have only 10 minutes before becoming an Infected Player. In order to stop the turning into an Infected Human, you must go to the main Safe Zone and purchase an antidote.
An infected player is not able to speak, and does not use any weapons except claws. They obviously aren't attacked by other infected monsters, and they can infect other players. When an infected player dies, they spawn in the designated Infected Human Spawn-point. These players can not level or raise their skill, they are souly for just rushing in and trying to kill/infect other players.
Conceptart2.jpg

Further Details:
- Infected players get reset back to normal, just created-status, players in 3 days after becoming Infected
- Common infected monsters give very little exp, so leveling up takes a lot of time
- Skill rates are semi slow as well (to keep the game interesting and so you don't become overpowered and be able to slay the infected alone like crazy)
- All players move at the same speed according to their vocation, leveling does not increase it
- Death carries a heavy cost, so do try to stay alive.
- ~more to come throughout time~

Special Thanks:
Credits to pyxelated for the Concept Art
Credits to pyxelated and me for the Title Screen picture
Credits to me for the signature and first image

Now, feel free to comment on whatever you wish, and please, if you have ideas and/or suggestions, do tell ^^
But remember, Keep it clean. :thumbup:

Wow that looks awesome! I hope you can pull this off nicely :) love the idea!

EDIT: If you need a scripter I could help out ;D sounds too fun to not ask :D

You should use custom client for the outfits, the survivor, the plague hunter, and infected player. 3 outfits, shouldn't be to hard to make.

So once you get infected you will not be able to do anything? Just fight until your dead and you will get a 3 days rollback from since you got infected?

Good luck with it, these are the kind of projects I like to see in OT's, btw did you draw those?

haha, no, i stated in the credits who drew the pics, i only did my sig and the edited one of them

No offense EmmaRoman, but you have disappointed me in previous projects/mappings. HOWEVER,this is the most interesting project I have ever read, and I mean it. I deeply hope you pull this off and am expecting a PM whenever this launches, or if you need help with anything. Very nicely presented. 10/10 for this idea.

EDIT: Oh and, I don't think this is possible, but you should look into taking the night/day system out of Tibia and making it only night. Here's also an idea if /\ is possible. Take out ALL light spells and emphasize the use of torches and candles. Personally, that would add much more to the feeling and players (who used 0% ambient lighting) would fear going out without one.

@up, yeah its all possible, even able to disable ambient light in the client.

NOTE! The server will not be identical to the concept art shown in this thread, due to the fact that we are limited to Tibia Sprites and will not be using a custom client.

damn I didn't see that before...that kinda sux :p would be really kool if you had a custom client and custom sprites ;]

Oh and, I don't think this is possible, but you should look into taking the night/day system out of Tibia and making it only night. Here's also an idea if /\ is possible. Take out ALL light spells and emphasize the use of torches and candles. Personally, that would add much more to the feeling and players (who used 0% ambient lighting) would fear going out without one.

yeah, as Syntax<3 said, it is possible. i was gunna ask him for help with that actually =P

Awh you finally realized we belong together <3. Anyway yeah would be glad to help.

Back