• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Quetion about possible game play (Pokemon)

Raging_Mage

Poke-King
Reaction score
I have seen the servers out there and im wondering if its possible to make it so you are the trainer... then when you release your pokemon you PLAY as that pokemon and the trainer just follows you until you recall it.

I just think this would be interesting from a pvp perspective. Or maybe the trainer poofs when the pokemon comes out so as not to get in the way, then attacks like quick attack can be targeted on pokemon 5 sqm away and shoot across screen or charmander can use an attack that is like a fire wave... then I can remove the PP that is in the game and just use "energy" so you wouldn't be limited AS MUCH and it would be more like the anime or AFTER each fight the PP could be reset.. no I think energy would be best...

But is it possible to have that? Im not sure so im curious.

It is possible which any way you prefer and it doesn't even require source edits. All can be done in Lua.

Yeah, these would be the lua scripts (and xmls to match it) in the data/npc folder and subfolders. It'd be interesting to see how you code the custom spell, though. Namely, you have to move your player forward, pop a fake you behind you, and you have to make it so you don't die when your HP hits 0. There's a great opportunity, however, to make the game exactly like the TV shows, where you just pop out an NPC and control it with commands.

This would allow for more intense battles this way and you would be able to learn more than 4 abilities this way, which would mean coding the hotkeys to change for each pokemon but they already do it for 1-4 so im sure it could be done.

Also I don't see it as popping a fake.. more like.. clicking to exchange OR could use it more like a creature illusion with a pokeball effect. CLick on the pokeball and your char disappears and you see a pokeball land and open and out you come... then when it dies the player comes back.. As for not dying when at 0... the player can have extra life bars for each pokemon and instead of reading if the player is alive read if the life bars are empty.. 6 empty life bars trip to pokecenter, if you dont toss the pokeball in the wild and get atk then its your main lifebar and if that goes to 0 then its back to the pokecenter...

Back