• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Remere's map problem

Ferro

Reaction score
Hello, I've been working in a big map of Hoenn (3th generation of pokemon) for almost a month. Today morning I've finished the terrain of the map and exported the minimap so I could see it completely, how it was becoming and so on. After I exported the minimap I've noticed that the edges were not correct filled with water, so I took the map to the very corner of the map and started filling it in. I don't know why but after that I can't export the minimap or load it in the server to test it.

I tried erasing the water from the edges but it didn't solve the problem.

Problems: server freezes when loading the map; Rme freezes when when exporting the minimaps

I'm using 8.54 extended spr and dat files. Map dimensions are 6350 x 4505. OTBM file size is 134.520 KB.

After I've filled the edges with water I saved it over my backup because I thought this little change couldn't cause me problems but I was wrong.
Is there any thing I can do to fix this problem? Is there any way I could select a huge amount of map and copy it?

This is the 7th floor. As you can see the edges of the map are filled with water, but this was before I filled the edges again.
a8ic.png

You can't export the minimap if it's to big. What you can do instead is make the minimap screen really big, then printscreen, paste in paint and add the water there, so it's only there on the minimap picture but not on the map itself.
If you can't use your map on your server, you can try to import it into a new (empty) map, then use that one.

Thank you! I didn't know that the size of the map could impact that way in the exporting. Do you know how big a map can be in order to allow minimap exporting? I'm asking that because after I finish the map I want to export the minimap and use it to make a minimap like in the PXG.
Now I'm trying to copy the whole map with ctrl + shift + select. I t will take a long time, but I think I can finish it today or tomorrow.

Not very big, I always made my minimaps by making the minimap screen really big and then printscreen, sometimes even more printscreens and then paste them together.
Only with really small maps I was able to export the minimap.

To copy a part of the map with more floors at the same time you can also select Lower Floors, so you don't have to scroll to the other floors to select them too.
gc3H-NEx.png

This way it will automaticly select all lower floors aswell, so you can just select to highest floor to select everything.

Back