• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Renkai Evolutions - Discussion Thread

Programmer

Lua, Java, C
Reaction score
I'm doing a restoration of the old Centera Evolutions map, adding new spawns and quests and stuff. Gonna be 8.6 still though. How would you guys like this? Think it could go anywhere, or should I just not waste my time?

I'm thinking about adding in a lot of stuff that Centera didn't add, and removing a lot of the useless things that they did. Also going to make the map more "open" I guess you could say? More friendly, and easy on the eyes, easier to understand where you're going and what to do. I'm basing it off of Centera, but it is by no means a server I will just throw together, look below for a few things I'm working on right now.

• Restoring original vocations [Complete]
    • All "Custom" vocations of Centera will be restored.
  • Strengthening ManaRunes [Complete]
    • ManaRunes will be 40% more powerful.
  • Console error cleanup [Complete]
    • All startup errors and scripts fixed.
  • Finding the correct experience stages [Complete]
    • Will be given soon.
  • Editing Temple and Town [Progress: 45%]
    • Making it cleaner, more organized look.
  • New Events [Progress: 30%]
    • Zombie/Snake/CTF fun stuff for Premium Tokens.
  • New Monsters and Quests [Progress: 10%]
    • More Monsters and Quests for the higher levels.
  • All new Hunting/Quest room [Progress 5%]
    • Cleaner look, different style of teleport.
    • Level based, guiding you to your next area.
  • New Spells [Progress: 0%]
    • New spells for higher levels.
  • Increasing damage multiplier of Knights [Progress: 0%]
    • Knights will be 25%-35% stronger with auto attack.
  • More to come? [Of Course!]
If you guys want, you can throw out some suggestions on what I could be doing to improve the server, or what would you guys want out of a mid-rate evolution server? More PvP? More PvE? Events? Stand up and say what you want to!

Last edited:
It could go somewhere if u do it properly. Keep the old spells(hits high,long cd),keep the wand(hits higher as u get higher mglvl) and old runes aswell.

But if you'd consider giving some premium points on a certain lvl. Something like masiyah has done. I think it's a great idea. Look at how much players masiyah has ;P

Don't make it like ;

Donor wand(15 pts)
And u get 5 points on 400 lvl,5 points on 600,and 5 points on 10k lvl

It could go somewhere if u do it properly. Keep the old spells(hits high,long cd),keep the wand(hits higher as u get higher mglvl) and old runes aswell.

But if you'd consider giving some premium points on a certain lvl. Something like masiyah has done. I think it's a great idea. Look at how much players masiyah has ;P

Don't make it like ;

Donor wand(15 pts)
And u get 5 points on 400 lvl,5 points on 600,and 5 points on 10k lvl

All donor equipment will be available in game. And it's not going to be very hard to get. Pay-to-win servers piss me off. Anyways, you can either donate, or get premium coins from monsters/leveling up to get them.

As for the runes, I'm debating whether to keep them, if I do, I'd strengthen them a bit, they're kinda weak. But I do like them. The weapons and stuff you are talking about are staying, and the spells, I'm just adding new spells to the game, maybe a few weapons to go with a new quest.

Any more suggestions?

Idk how runes were not powerful :p I had 140 mglvl and was lvl 200,and easily killed mages 500+ :p

Maybe Donio increased them,but idk :p

Idk how runes were not powerful :p I had 140 mglvl and was lvl 200,and easily killed mages 500+ :p

Maybe Donio increased them,but idk :p

I know T_T... Testing them I'm level 210 ML 100 and healing for 300-400 mana, Im going to increase them a bit, but not too much where they're OP. Also thinking about increasing the damage multiplier of Knights a bit, so they can actually PvP cx

If u wanna make them PvP,dont make them be able to tank more than 2 mages ;P And dont make them be able to solo a mage :p

And yea,that is pretty low healing

If u wanna make them PvP,dont make them be able to tank more than 2 mages ;P And dont make them be able to solo a mage :p

And yea,that is pretty low healing
I'm going to make all the classes balanced. However, I doubt a knight of any sort could solo a mage. xD

This discussion will continue at a later date, I've decided to drastically change the server and it wouldn't be a good idea to already introduce it to the community. Keep watching though... Your new favorite server could be right around the corner.

Also, the project's name will be changed to "Landfear" suggested by a friend, instead of Renkai Evolutions. We came with the conclusion that the word "Evolutions" in a server doesn't quite.. catch the audience's attention, while a simple name such as "Landfear" is more attractive.

Thanks for the suggestions and PMs I got about the server and its flaws, those will be fixed. As I said before, Landfear will be quite different from Renkai Evolutions... However still be being based on Centera. This will be an interesting server to work with, who knows what's going to happen? I've been getting suggestions about completely removing the teleport system, or even making it better.. I've decided upon making it simpler. Simplicity is key, and with something that you want to make attractive, you want to make it for the masses, simple, so everyone can understand it. Centera on the hand, was not... Thanks again, I'll be seeing you at a later time..

-Programmer

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom