• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
If there's anything that you think is missing in TheForgottenServer post it here and the developers will think about it, if we like the idea you will hopefully see it in the next version.

Pet system would be cool.
pvp/non-pvp zones like <pvp>X=10, Y=11, Z=12</pvp>
same with non-pvp so you can make your towns non-pvp or something.

I/O Lua functions, io.open, io.write, etc. (i know you have been having problems with it)
pvp/non-pvp zones would be cool too
using new SVN, it have some cool LUA functions

i can make most of my functions using LUA so thats about it.

@up
im sure a pet system would be cool, but then a server with Pet System would not be special.

I would like to see a multiclient check,an invisible command and a clean command.

and

[size=large]Pet System :D[/size]

4220niller said:
I/O Lua functions, io.open, io.write, etc. (i know you have been having problems with it)
pvp/non-pvp zones would be cool too
using new SVN, it have some cool LUA functions

i can make most of my functions using LUA so thats about it.

@up
im sure a pet system would be cool, but then a server with Pet System would not be special.

I got the I/O LUA Lib to work now, it'll be in 0.2.3.

1. PVP Zones
2. /clean
3. /pvp 0 = no pvp
4. /pvp 1 = normal pvp
5. /pvp 2 = pvp enforced
6. Pet System
7. A full set of NPC's that come compatible and set with The Forgotten Server
8. A tutorial on Talk Actions :p

some sort of SQL handeling for LUA would be nice

i meen like in PHP:
mysql_query()
mysql_connect()
mysql_select_db()
etc..

ofc you decide the name of the function :D, examples:
LUA function | PHP function
sql_query() | mysql_query()
sql_returnarray() | mysql_fetch_array()

Would it be possible for you to make the server use more than one thread? Since multicore PCs is getting more and more usual, people with a multicore pc/cpu is not able to let the server get what the CPU potentially can offer.
This will allow the server to have maybe 5 GHz avaiable to use instead of 2,5 GHz as it typically is now.
I know many who complaints about that the server (all OTservers) never wants to use more than 50 % of the cpu because their either using a multicore or HT.

And, multicores is the future, but to take advantage of it's possibilities, we need the developers to start making programs that is able to use all cores.

I don't know so much about how to do this, but I guess you'll need to rewrite the whole server. So it is alot of work, both to learn and to do.

Jonern said:
Would it be possible for you to make the server use more than one thread? Since multicore PCs is getting more and more usual, people with a multicore pc/cpu is not able to let the server get what the CPU potentially can offer.
This will allow the server to have maybe 5 GHz avaiable to use instead of 2,5 GHz as it typically is now.
I know many who complaints about that the server (all OTservers) never wants to use more than 50 % of the cpu because their either using a multicore or HT.

And, multicores is the future, but to take advantage of it's possibilities, we need the developers to start making programs that is able to use all cores.

I don't know so much about how to do this, but I guess you'll need to rewrite the whole server. So it is alot of work, both to learn and to do.

The server is using more than one thread, actually one thread for each player which sucks. In OpenTibia's revnetsys branch this will be changed into one thread and it will also include the boost lib asio which has IOCP in Windows, so it will use all processor cores available when this is done.

My small request:
- Level requirement on weapons. If u will use them on not right level there will be penality -75% of Atk.
- Damage/Magic Attack rate on vocations.xml ( like this: <formula damage="1.0" defense="1.1" armor="1.1"/> )
Talaturen please add this.

Some features I'm missing:
  1. Make GMs able to pick up items. OK
  2. Function to turn cap on/off. OK
  3. More broadcast colors.
  4. A "How to manage guilds" guide.
  5. Edit: Invisible command for GMs.
  6. Edit2: Possibility to move items/monsters from distance.
I'll probably post more later.

Jonern said:
Some features I'm missing:
  1. Make GMs able to pick up items.
  2. Function to turn cap on/off.
  3. More broadcast colors.
  4. A "How to manage guilds" guide.

I'll probably post more later.

1 and 2 can be changed with flags.

Ok, thank you.
Could you give me an overview of what the diffrent flags does?

My request:
- Damage/Magic Attack rate on vocations.xml ( like this: <formula damage="1.0" defense="1.1" armor="1.1"/> )
Talaturen you add this in version 0.2.3? Please..

Pitroek1447, you already requested it, can you stop spamming to get posts 15?

I want these things:

1. /send command.
2. /invisible command.
3. /premium command.
4. Some NPCs that comes with the server.
5. /tp command. (for those who doesen't know it is a commands that if you have it enabled you can just right-click anywhere and be teleported there)
6. /go commands. teleports yourself to x y z
7. OTAdmin included in download.
8. PvP zones and PvP arena.

Might add more soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back