• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Resoria BETA testing of new War Zone

tosuxo

Reaction score
I'll explain the basics of this request for BETA testers:
I have just completed the basic script for an objective-based combat arena for the server, I need players to come online to beat the hell out of each other to help me test it all out.

Anyone that does help will, naturally, receive donation points or gold or other items for their work.

So what is this arena?
The aim is to blow up the objectives that one team is defening. You have 15 minutes to blow up the objectives, which you can access from either going the short way (which requires you to build a bridge, use an axe on a tree to collect wood then place 10 wood onthe square below the one you want to make into bridge... the defenders can use an axe on the bridge tile to destroy it!)
or you can go the long way, which requires no main objectives being destroyed (however, it takes longer to get there, if you die it's a long walk).

To destroy an objective:
Just use the object, this will set off a timer, if the other team does not use the object before the timer runs out then the objective is destroyed!

There are currently 2 objectives on the map, the PRIMARY objective (a gate, which will, in 2.0, lead to the second half of the mission) and the SECONDARY objective (a bookcase (replaced in future with a computer console) in a building in the very north of the map). To finish the level you only need to destroy the PRIMARY objective.

What's the point in this arena?
Eventually every kill and so on in the arena will give you experience (this will come tomorrow or tonight, depending on how well testing going)
You can currently get experience from chopping trees for wood (to build the bridge), building the bridge (place 10 wood on tile below the one you want to make) and destroying parts of the bridge (use axe on the bridge tile).

What do the winners get?
If you're on the winning team you get 3 points (plus 1 if you destroy/protect the secondary objective), which is worth around 10,000exp or 5,000 gold (balancing will be done in the future).

Interested in helping to test?
Just go to World of Resoria - Latest News and create an account. The teleporter to the arena Lobby is in Thais Depot (or will be once I've finished this post)!

Find any bugs?
Please contact GM Theroux and tell me exactly what happens :)

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy testing :)

Last edited:
bump
known bugs:
- the bridge doesn't get reset at the end of the round
- points at the end of each game aren't correct (fixing now)

Last edited:
bump - please help test this, as soon as the first area's finished i'll be starting area 2 of the war zone, it'll be a base infiltration part :)

the map is based on:
et-map-fueldump2.jpg

Back