• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Restarting an old 7.6 server

venomfool

Reaction score
Hey all, first time posting here ever, I think.

Back 13 years ago I used to run a 7.6 pvp OT, and it's been hidden in my computer since then. Decided to try to get it running today for nostalgic reasons, and I'm getting an error saying I'm missing the libxml2.dll file. So I went online and downloaded the latest version, and now I'm getting an error saying it's not able to run on windows, or something to that effect.

Are older versions of 7.6 still able to be started? Is there a known workaround or simple fix to get an old server going?

Thanks in advance!

heya, thanks for the reply. What do you mean by more effort? I spent a while downloading different versions of the libxml2.dll file and ultimately one finally changed the error to a simple "the application was unable to start correctly". I'm not sure what to add, it's been a while since I've tried this. The OT was custom edited by a friend, but I think the source code is Neverland, 7.6 version.

Is there anymore information I could give that would help?

edit: ah yeah sorry I rushed my earlier post, "something to that effect" was pretty lazy, sorry about that! I didn't think to screenshot the error and had since deleted the .dll file so I can't replicate it without going to find it online again. But the version of the .dll that I have now doesn't run it either

Attachments

0xc00007b ERROR FIX - Windows 7 - Tom's Hardware
There are a number of reasons as to why you might receive the 0xc00007b error while running an application on a Windows machine. 0xc000007b error usually comes from mixing up a 32-bit environment with a 64-bit one. For example, the 32-bit application loads a 64-bit dll causing 0xc000007b error.

Solution 1
In most cases it's .NET framework causing issues. This can easily fixed by re-installing latest .NET framework from .NET

Try grabbing both x32 and x64 dlls to see if one of them work.

Back