• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Rookgaard Project [7.40]

Should we put vocations?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robson Dias

Reaction score
I'm working in a new server. A server made for those who always liked Rookgaard.

The server's client will be a more current one... But with all the sprites converted to 7.4 version and some anti-bot measures.
I preferred to use a more current version by being more stable, even having options like OTHire but I have never worked with it.

As the client has a newer version, it has the hotkeys window, but it will be the same as version 7.72 that can only use spells there.

Current Progress:

Map: 100%
Quests: 100% (converted from cipsoft files)
Monsters: 100% (converted from cipsoft files)
Client: 20%
NPCs: 0%

IDK Systems:
Vocations: I do not know how it will work (Vote in the poll).
Spells: Maybe some spells like Light, Magic Rope, Exiva, etc.
Hotkeys: You can only use spells on hotkeys. (If the server has spells available)

Exp rates will be low, something like 2x or 3x.
Skills rates will also be low.
Loot rates will be 1x.

52ojqud.png

Note: Partially converted client to 7.4 version.

What do you think?
;)

Voidcore has a rookgaard option if I recall correctly. Even if you have a slight difference, not sure how it's going to compete. I don't know the limitations of 7.4 (tfs, etc...), but you gotta think outside the box as it has been done before as well (can't recall the server, I remember it had dragons's stc...). Vocations might not be enough because you can play other servers with bigger maps WITH vocations. Something unique should be done here, not sure what.

Okey, so this is an idea that i have been wanting to make myself aswell, i always loved rookgaard and i also know the owner of Voidcore, Okke.. we talked a little bit and he made some changes to rookgaard that i did like, but you can expand thoose ideas much further if you use only rookgaard.

Vocations is a good idea, however i feel it should be somewhat hard to obtain..
You start of as an farmer ( no vocation ) and then you have to prove and earn your vocation by doing quests and missions for your vocation trainer ( meaning different quests for different vocations )
to make it a little bit more interesting and make the choice of vocation more of an impact to the game play itself is to have vocations exclusive content.

Houses in rook, this is something that Okke made on voidcore for thoose players who would like to stay in rookgaard and i must say it is a very good idea, since there is no depot in rook a house is a nice way to get those heavy as bags of your back.
However this might become a problem on purely rookgaard server since every player is gonna be in the same city, and you can only have a certain amount of houses without editing the map to much.

Mystery
Knightmare ( the dude who made rook in the first place ) was a fucking genius when it comes to mystery and one of the things that made players stay and go back to rookgaard year after year is all the mysteries he created.
Sword of fury is one of the most talked about quest in tibia history making a rook server this is a must, and it must be hard and smart.

We also have " The blind orc " which is also a thing that is so great and has so many possibilities
We have the maze of fury ( should be connected to the sword of fury quests )
and last but not least.
Minotaur mage room, which might be connected to sword of fury quest aswell but hey who knows right.

You can expand these mysteries making it interesting for the players to explore the content and also make new mysteries yourself, and now we are talking
QUESTS
Making new quests for rook is a must, one thing that i've always wanted to do is ( lets say HOTA )
in tibia, you have sprites of different pieces of helm of the ancient. making a quest collecting all the pieces.
some pieces might be found in chests and regular quests, some might be dropped by a boss or a raid boss, some might be found while exploring and so on.
( there is also a staff with different pieces you can make a similar quests with if you use a newer version )
another thing is making something like "killing in the name of.... " tasks that people might grind and so on.

Version of tibia
I think a newer version of tibia is more suitable for making a rookserver, just for the fact that it has so much more to offer. ofcourse you can add all these stuff anyways but then you have to make sprites for it and so on, its much more work.

I think one of the most important things about making a rook server is to make it so that people still have something to do even in higher lvls, that can be tasks, hard quests or something like blacksmithing, different arenas with waves of monsters that you get a token (bronze, silver, gold) depending on difficulty and making those arenas farm able and using tokens to buy (preferbly not EQ but if equipment nothing to overpowered, outfits, addons, mounts. and thats why making it a newer version of tibia could be way better)

there are so much you can do!

I wish you all the luck with your server and i could be speaking about this way longer than i did, but atleast now you have some ideas that in my opinion is vital for a rookgaard server.

sorry for the long post tho, got a little bit carried away ;)

Voidcore has a rookgaard option if I recall correctly. Even if you have a slight difference, not sure how it's going to compete. I don't know the limitations of 7.4 (tfs, etc...), but you gotta think outside the box as it has been done before as well (can't recall the server, I remember it had dragons's stc...). Vocations might not be enough because you can play other servers with bigger maps WITH vocations. Something unique should be done here, not sure what.

Yes, I do not want to keep the rookgaard map the way it is, but gradually I want to improve it.
First I want to leave rookgaard exactly as it was in version 7.4, after that I'll start to create content on top of that map.

Okey, so this is an idea that i have been wanting to make myself aswell, i always loved rookgaard and i also know the owner of Voidcore, Okke.. we talked a little bit and he made some changes to rookgaard that i did like, but you can expand thoose ideas much further if you use only rookgaard.

You start of as an farmer ( no vocation ) and then you have to prove and earn your vocation by doing quests and missions for your vocation trainer ( meaning different quests for different vocations )
to make it a little bit more interesting and make the choice of vocation more of an impact to the game play itself is to have vocations exclusive content.

Houses in rook, this is something that Okke made on voidcore for thoose players who would like to stay in rookgaard and i must say it is a very good idea, since there is no depot in rook a house is a nice way to get those heavy as bags of your back.
However this might become a problem on purely rookgaard server since every player is gonna be in the same city, and you can only have a certain amount of houses without editing the map to much.

Mystery
Knightmare ( the dude who made rook in the first place ) was a fucking genius when it comes to mystery and one of the things that made players stay and go back to rookgaard year after year is all the mysteries he created.
Sword of fury is one of the most talked about quest in tibia history making a rook server this is a must, and it must be hard and smart.

We also have " The blind orc " which is also a thing that is so great and has so many possibilities
and last but not least.
Minotaur mage room, which might be connected to sword of fury quest aswell but hey who knows right.

You can expand these mysteries making it interesting for the players to explore the content and also make new mysteries yourself, and now we are talking
QUESTS
Making new quests for rook is a must, one thing that i've always wanted to do is ( lets say HOTA )
in tibia, you have sprites of different pieces of helm of the ancient. making a quest collecting all the pieces.
some pieces might be found in chests and regular quests, some might be dropped by a boss or a raid boss, some might be found while exploring and so on.
( there is also a staff with different pieces you can make a similar quests with if you use a newer version )
another thing is making something like "killing in the name of.... " tasks that people might grind and so on.

Version of tibia
I think a newer version of tibia is more suitable for making a rookserver, just for the fact that it has so much more to offer. ofcourse you can add all these stuff anyways but then you have to make sprites for it and so on, its much more work.

I think one of the most important things about making a rook server is to make it so that people still have something to do even in higher lvls, that can be tasks, hard quests or something like blacksmithing, different arenas with waves of monsters that you get a token (bronze, silver, gold) depending on difficulty and making those arenas farm able and using tokens to buy (preferbly not EQ but if equipment nothing to overpowered, outfits, addons, mounts. and thats why making it a newer version of tibia could be way better)

I wish you all the luck with your server and i could be speaking about this way longer than i did, but atleast now you have some ideas that in my opinion is vital for a rookgaard server.

Thanks, now I have some ideas to start with.

I already have a full working rookgaard in version 10.77 .. But I ended up converting everything to 7.4
(I did not like the latest rook updates by cip)

Are you using the 7.4 map or the revamped 7.6 map with antilure bridge? As for vocations I think it would perhaps be better to keep everything on low power, and rather than forcing people to pick one you could give them a little of each vocation? Kind of like super old tibia where you could earn spells through spell scrolls.

In one quest you could learn to cast exura or utevo lux, without necessarily making the player choose a vocation first. That's how I remember playing a rook stayer back in early 7.x anyway – it was just fun to try to be a good allround player (loot some arrows on mino hell, do the quests, kill some rots and earn some money from maces).

Just keep in mind that content will run out pretty quickly even with just 2x rates. Yet you can't compensate that too much with new content because the charm of rook is that chars are super weak.

Last edited:
Are you using the 7.4 map or the revamped 7.6 map with antilure bridge? As for vocations I think it would perhaps be better to keep everything on low power, and rather than forcing people to pick one you could give them a little of each vocation? Kind of like super old tibia where you could earn spells through spell scrolls.

In one quest you could learn to cast exura or utevo lux, without necessarily making the player choose a vocation first. That's how I remember playing a rook stayer back in early 7.x anyway – it was just fun to try to be a good allround player (loot some arrows on mino hell, do the quests, kill some rots and earn some money from maces).

Just keep in mind that content will run out pretty quickly even with just 2x rates. Yet you can't compensate that too much with new content because the charm of rook is that chars are super weak.

Yes, I do not want the players to get too strong. Vocations will not give any damage/skill boost. (I'm thinking of something different to get when you get promoted.)
Your idea of spell scrolls is good.

About the map, I am using from version 7.72. But I'm searching on internet and looking at videos to recreate as it was in the old days.

I'll put achievements, some tasks maybe, I'm thinking of more mini-quests similar to those that already exist in rookgaard.
Maybe some big quest? (Similar to the inquisition? or something like dreamer's challenge you need to solve some puzzles).

I will try to create some new bosses, something that the players have fun trying to kill him. Also create some new areas in Rookgaard.

Thanks,
Sorry if something was confusing, my English is still not good.

The biggest difference I can think of is this bridge

DpZRxMP.png

It allowed people to lure Orc Spearman and other monsters to just outside the city wall.

Hard to remember the exact version. The anti-luring features came in 7.5/7.6. The easiest way would probably be to watch a tibicam from a few different versions.

Hard to remember the exact version. The anti-luring features came in 7.5/7.6. The easiest way would probably be to watch a tibicam from a few different versions.

The videos I looked at from version 7.4 I didn't saw this brige.

Mystery

and last but not least.

QUESTS

Version of tibia

Hey, I need help with something that I think you could help. Where can I contact you?

Back