• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programmer Searching for Job [[ Custom Serv's MUST see :D ]]

Rayeko

Programmer
Reaction score
Hi

Well, Im searching for a Job, preferably, for a custom and SERIOUS server.

Okay, few months ago, I was doin' my own project.. but I quit. Why I quit? Because I was the team. I was alone, but thats another history..

Now, regarding about what I can do as a programmer and WHY I should prefer a custom server, is because.. First of all, I program in VB.NET. I have already some projects finished (I made them for my server).
I was about to offer my projects public (for a fee, with full support), but.. Before I do that, I thought of maybe bein' part of a team.. Someone that would need this service, and the best of all, an exclusive service, since theres no servers with this.

Let me post here the projects and a brief explanation about them:

The first one:

Client Downloader. Okay, this is almost a plus, since you can download the setup directly from the website, but it looks better if its done by a downloader. Here a screenshot:

downloaderu.png

What does the downloader does? Well, it first analyzes your system (checks windows version, and then arquitecture (x86 or x64), and then it sends the information to a server (your webserver) and checks the logs, to see which version to download (if theres a different version depending on the Windows Version or arquitecture), when it checks this, then the downloader starts to download the setup, when the download finishes, it installs the setup and configures the computer's registry to know which version was downloaded and installed. (( Fully compatible with Windows Vista and Windows 7 ))

Second one:

Client Launcher. The launcher. What are the features? Well, some features are, banner tab (for events or whatever u want), news tab (user can see latest news without necesity to enter to the website), changelog tab (if theres an update, this tab enables, showing the user the changelog). Also, it automatically updates when theres a new update available. It has integrated social networks (Facebook & Twitter), link to website, LAG METER (it checks the ping ratio from the user to your server, so that, the player can see how much lag is actually there in the server), and the most important thing.. The "Start" button. Here a screenshot:

launcher.png

Whats the process of the launcher? First of all, the downloader checks the current version of the client you've installed (it reads a little DLL file, and the registry), then it sends this information to your webserver, if the client version is not update, it downloads the updated files (compressed in a SFX archive), when the download finishes it install the updates, then it check again for updates (just to verify) when it verifies that the current version is the latest one, the Start button is enabled, and it launches the Loader (see below). ((Launcher is Fully compatible with Windows Vista and Windows 7 ))

Third one:

Client Loader. The one that powers everything. This loader is a simple EXE that joins every fragment of the client files (because they're coded and encrypted by a special program to ensure file's security), and then it opens the normal client. This loader also prevents the client from being hacked by any bot :) Here a screenshot of the loader:

loaderv.png

I must tell you that.. Everything in the programs can be edited :) If you dont like the background image, it can be changed, if you dont like the style I can change it, in fact. EVERYTHING can be changed to fit the game's style in whatever way.

If you're interested, reply, so that we can contact and talk about it.

Btw. Feedback about them, is accepted too :)

PD: If you have any question, post it, too. I will answer it as soon as I can ;D

Last edited:
What do u mean as Scripter? I know a little bit of LUA, but not a lot.

I know programing with VB.NET I'm very good at it. If you mean Scripting as programing with VB.NET, then yes :)

@Up
Im not searching for ideas, I mean... Anyway, I want to be part of a team, that needs an external programer, (I mean, no Serv Programmer), but to code external tools that gives new exclusive features to the players.

As I listed in the first topic, right now I have those 3 projects, but I can make any other tool, and different, with different characteristics, etc.

That was what you were asking ?

Dont trust this guy... he was supposed to do something for me, last minute left hasnt logged on in 2 weeks, now he says hes free.

Zeelex i blocked you first for giving me a sprite that you said you made but was actually released. Enough Said.

I already answered you, Moist_Giraffe, why I decided to stop developing for you :)

You blamed on me, while I told you "I WILL BE SLOW THIS WEEKS UNTIL IM FREE". Now I'm free, and also, when I said I would be slow, I still developed for you. But, I won't continue developing with you anymore, why?
Because, seriously... I really hated that when I needed some information of the server to finish my work, you didn't help on that.. So, how was I supposed to get that information?! And, you still knowing it, you blamed on me, because I couldnt finish my work .__. !

Sorry, I dont think thats a good way to work in team. Also, if you think I'm gonna scam you by doing anything to the sprites you sent me. Dont worry. I already deleted them. I'm not an asshole.

if you want someone raging at you without any reasons then I suggest you to go with Moist, just look on his rage-flame and threat against me in my PM's.
and look at his pms afterwards... and you will get a small idea who Moist is.

Anyway what type of tibia are you aiming for? etc oldschool, modern tibia or a mix or what exactly?

@RealSoft

Actually, Im not focusing in something. But, I think the launcher itself, fits better with custom servers (by custom I mean custom graphics), that would need to be updated easily and occasionally.

Though, I can program any other thing, too.

I had in mind about custom stuffs for OT, but it would take a lot to get somewhere.

To make a decent game you need at least 5 000 sprites, and custom sprites I of course aim for making them myself or with team...
and that could be very nasty...

Do you know anything about C++?

No :S I code with VB.NET, but I know VB6, too. But I dont know C++, and it would take some time 'til I learn to code well in it, I think xD

30-11-2010 11:29:05 (F) N.ghia - Nick ow much for FG
30-11-2010 11:50:28 Nick (F) N.ghia - 85 euros
30-11-2010 11:50:35 (F) N.ghia - Nick u said 8000 euros
30-11-2010 11:50:36 (F) N.ghia - Nick 4
30-11-2010 11:50:36 (F) N.ghia - Nick b4
30-11-2010 11:50:37 (F) N.ghia - Nick lols
30-11-2010 11:50:39 (F) N.ghia - Nick whos the lier
30-11-2010 11:50:55 Nick (F) N.ghia - i wasnt selling mutipler copies
30-11-2010 11:50:57 Nick (F) N.ghia - before
30-11-2010 11:50:59 Nick (F) N.ghia - your god dumb
30-11-2010 11:51:08 Nick (F) N.ghia - not i rememnber why i blocked you
30-11-2010 11:51:11 Nick (F) N.ghia - use your hjead plz

moist: yeaaa i earn 200 euros a day with fg, next day yeaaa someone offered me 8g's for the server.
me: why didnt you take it?
moist: are you crazy? i make that in a month.

some weeks later selling fg 85 euros
some weeks and 5 minutes later damn your blocked again.

XD

Back