• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Searching volunteers for a very serious project.

Yngwie

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Bob and I'm an alcoholic!

*cough* Aehum! Let's get serious.

Too start off with some background facts.

During the last few weeks I've been planning to start up a new project, since the OT world and Tibia overall lately has decayed into something where you bot to achieve high level, followed by mindless bot-controlled killing where the team with the best scripted bots wins and quitting to find somewhere else to bot.

This isn't how Tibia used to be too me when I played actively 8-9 years ago, back then everything was about the community and roleplaying. Even the ruling guilds was roleplaying to a certain part, which made the game more serious and fun.

Lately there's been a few failed attempts to make 7.4 OTs to recreate the old glory, where those OTs fails, is that they're still servers created for war, not to bring back the old feeling. The new young Tibia generation, todays 14-17 year old players have never experienced what Tibia really was about, and so I thought I shall build a server which recreates the steps of Tibias birth.

This server will be mainly for oldschool players who're getting sea sick in the rapid changing of OT servers looking for war and wanna settle down in a slow paced but still adventurous server, something Real tibia isn't anymore.

-------------

So how far am I done till now?

Well, I've mainly decided how the server will be built and what to remove, what to add and such.

What I've decided is following points:

First!

I'll remove every spell and creature existing, since these are copied work from Cipsofts game Tibia. I intend to as written earlier, break out from their standards.

Second off, I've built a very small island so far with a handful of spawns intended for low levels.

Third off! I will create new vocations, and balance them so that they'll fit together for team playing and cooperation.

---------

Too make it especially clear:

I will create new monsters from scratch, first I'll use the SPRs provided in the Tibia client, but eventually I'll build a new client and then I'll create sprites of my own. But the monsters will only be created on a needed basis, there won't be monsters created in advance, this way I can always make sure monsters are balanced compared to the player levels before making a new one.

Second off, I intend on only creating the most basic spells at first, and after that create new spells as it's needed. Spells will rely on runes rather then instant spells mainly, also introducing some unique spells and runes, such as the "Flash Step" rune, which too anime fans will be rather familiar.

Overall the server WILL be more anime inspired rather then inspired by the traditional western styles.

A few examples of this will be following:

1. Introducing spells and monsters which are inspired by different animes and mangas.

2. Spell incantations won't be in latin as Tibias spells, but in Japanese. Instead of spells such as "Exevo Mas San" the spell might be something like "Senkou Kyo". Of course I promise that someday there'll be a Hadouken, Shoryuken, Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyakuu, Sennen Goroshi and Rasengan.

------------

Also too be clear from start for anyone deciding to help or play later on, The server will be a side project mainly maintained by myself, as I am what's normally called "an adult" in real life. I've got no economical problems or so, thus I'll just dump the server off on a dedicated host and infrequently update it.

So what do I need help with?

Well too be honest I got roughly 4-5 people, one of them being Hiperkarma, helping me with the server already, and none of them will receive a gamemaster or something like it. That'd go for anyone deciding to write in this thread aswell. This too make sure there won't be any corruption. Though IF I would make someone it's required that person is of age according too his country's rules.

Still I do require help too have the server grow regularly, and thus I decided instead of being an evil god who lusts for power and money. (The server will remain donationless permanetly) I'm no source of infinite inspiration, and that's where others come in, I wish for people to join me and help out creating spawns and quests which I'll check through and put ingame, so the world will mainly grow as players add new areas, not as I myself build them.

Feel free to ask questions if somethings not clear enough, kinda lost myself in all this techno music I hear and the sheer size of this post so semi just stopping this post right here to keep my head from exploding ^.-

Last edited:
I guess I could help, but I don't know about 7.4 that was the time when I played tibia the most, but also the time when the rules were screwed over by hacker's, scammer's, and cheater's.

I will volunteer.

-Jason

I will, I will, I will, Its just speak, cant you show off some screens or you can just speak, where is the real-do?!

Back