• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Setting up a TFS 1.2

sakux323

ROOFIESSS
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi everyone, im currently trying to figure out how to set up a blank (empty, no scripts etc) TFS for testing purposes. It's not a project, i just want to learn how to script and i thought that using a live ots with 5x5 area would be a good testing place. However, i cannot start up the exe file downloaded from here. When i start it, it comes up with "establishing connection with database" but then something else pops up and it immediately closes which means that i have no chance to read what it says. I would also like the server (if possible) to be up to date, which is 10.00 or 11 (no idea what people call it these days)

Any ideas? Sorry if this is wasting your time and thank you for your help.

Last edited:
Probably the .exe shuts down cause you havent created a database in phpmyadmin, or if you did, maybe you forgot to edit the config.lua (database name, user, password, etc) and thats why it can't connect to the database (cause it doesnt exist /cant access to it)

If you haven't done anything that I said before or have no idea what im talking about, I recommend you to follow this tutorial:
https://otland.net/threads/video-tu...ing-ot-server-website-and-shop-system.166818/

If you have, then I don't know what the problem is, you should ask to the pros here :p

1HR7aHB.png

This pops up when i open "UniController.exe", the tutorial is outdated i guess since he has 2 exe files and i only have 1. Before you ask, yes i've red those "must read" files, all 3 of them. One of them mentions about compiling and i dont want that, i just want a clean .exe without having to fiddle around with stuff

1HR7aHB.png

This pops up when i open "UniController.exe", the tutorial is outdated i guess since he has 2 exe files and i only have 1. Before you ask, yes i've red those "must read" files, all 3 of them. One of them mentions about compiling and i dont want that, i just want a clean .exe without having to fiddle around with stuff

They are not really outdated, I followed the same tutorial like 3 days ago and worked perfectly (with TFS 1.2).

Anyways, did you make sure you extracted uniserver to C:\? or at least have a path with no spaces? for example instead of
c:/Program Files/UniServer
you put
c:/Program-Files/UniServer

Let me know if it helps

Back