• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Slacking? Yes. To come: Updates!

Vanderlay

Back on track
Premium User
Reaction score
I know most of us has been slacking a lot, well at least me.
Reason? Well i don't know.. I guess sometimes we all just need a break sometimes.

Bad news! For some reason i mixed up the dates, and it happen to be that the practical training starts in 2 weeks! I'm sorry to say this. But we will keep on working with the servers when we got time over..

Good news tho!
As I believe many of you know already, me and Talaturen are in the same class in school and now(starting at Monday next week), we have something called "Practical training" which means that we will go out and work for 3weeks.. Get some job experience etc..

Well, I spoked to our principal and managed to arrange so me and Talaturen could spend those 3 practical training weeks working with out OT-Servers!

This means the following:
We will spend 5-8hours/day working with the server.
15days total working days.
A LOT will be fixed!
Hopefully all bugs will be eliminated from our server when these 3 weeks are over.

Any ideas, suggestions or reports would be really useful to report now, as now we got plenty of time(hopefully I've written down all the bugs thats known already)!

Here are the following changes and fixes:

Spells:
Code:
* The formula for Exevo flam/vis/tera/frigo hur shall be re-written, as the damage should variate more.
* Exori Con spell will implanted.
* Exura san shall be changed. The healing effect will be reduced.
* Exevo mas san shall be changed. The damage effect will be reduced.

NPC:
Code:
* You should now be able to travel to "Cormaya" by talking to the boat NPC.
* A new NPC will be set out at the world map. This NPC will be used to enchanting Rainbow shield.
* A new NPC will be set out at the world map(Irmana). This NPC will be used to trading in Mystic Turban, Red Robe and Green Tunics to different kind of cloth items.
* You should now be able to trade in "Soul Orb" for "Infernal bolt" at the NPC "A Sweaty Cyclop".
* You should now be able to trade in 100x "GS Silk" for 10x "Spools of yarn".
* The new NPC system with NPC channels should now be working correctly.
* You should now be able to buy "Vial of water" at the NPC "Sandra".

Scripts:
Code:
* You should now be able to trade in "Ancient Parchment" for Demonhunter's addon.
* You should now be able to travel to a NPC named "Calassa" so you can obtain the Oriental addon.
* The following items: "1,2,3,4 music sheets" should now be working properly for It's purpose.
* You should now be able to buy "Winning lottery" at the rune/potion NPC in Edron.
* All quest required for "Service of Yalahar" should now be able to work properly(these are 10+ scripts which will be implanted).

Items:
Code:
* The item Fireborn giant armor should now give +2 sword skill.
* Disintegrate rune should now only require level 21(I think It's 21?) instead of level 2100.
* Might ring should now properly have 20charges instead of 1.

Monsters:
Code:
* You should now be able to obtain Tribal mask from Dworcs.
* You should now be able to obtain Bast Skirt & Voodoo doll from Dworc Voodoomaster.
* Gargolyes health points will be reduced to 250. It shouldn't being able to attack from distance and will also be immune to fire.
* Ghost shouldn't be able to see invisible players anymore.
* Damage from Demons and Grim Reapers will be reduced.
* You should now be able to obtain "Blue note" from Vashresamun.
* You should now be able to obtain "Magma boots" from Orc Warlord.
* You should now be able to obtain "Ankh" from Monks.

Map:
Code:
* Fix errors which causes quest to not be able to complete.
* More monster will be added in the town "Rookgard".
* More detailed map and towns.
* An NPC will be set out at the town "Rookgard". You should be able to obtain Addons from this NPC.

Source:
Code:
* A new command will be implanted to the game. You should now be able to type !guildonline. This command will display all guild members which is currently online.

Quests:
Code:
* A new quest will be implanted in the town "Rookgard". The name for the new quest is "House of horror".
* The quest "Desert Quest" should now work properly.
* The quest "Draconia Quest" should now work properly.
* The quest "Naginata" should now work properly.
* The quest "Bright Sword Quest" should now work properly.
* The quest "Demon Oak" will be a lil re-written. You should now be able to enter the quest, even tho someone has died in there earlier.
* A new quest will be introduced. Called "Toxic Plains Quest".

Code:
* An Admin panel will be implanted. Only CM's will be able to use this feature.
* A new feature called "PowerGamers" will be implanted. This feature will display your total gained experience points for a certain time. As well a highscore for "Top PowerGamers".
* A new feature called "Total player time online." will be implanted. This feature will display the total time online a character has been online. 
* A photo album will be implanted to the website. There we will upload pictures regarding the server.
* You should now be able to add a comment under your character information.
* You should now be able to delete your characters. To perform this action, you need to provide certain information about the account. Such as recovery-key and account number. The character will be held at a status called "deletion" for 1 week. Anytime during this week, you are able to "undelete" your character. But if that week passes, then your character is gone forever.

Please note:
We have not set an date for which kind of changes/fixes/adding that will happen.

We will start working with all this on Monday next week.
At least one time in the week we will announce the updates that has been fixed.

Yours,
SoftCores Staff.^_^

Last edited:
Haha, kinda nice deal. :D

Altho you really should get serious practical training, working with other things.

Sounds really good. I'm not very active at the moment either, but you all knew that when 'hiring' me. Anyways I'll do my best to script some during this weekend and possibly the upcoming weeks.

Haha, kinda nice deal. :D

Altho you really should get serious practical training, working with other things.

Our school would not accept this if wouldn't be serious.
We have written an working plan etc, and they have looked into it and accepted it. Also, me and Talaturen goes in a computer school, so It's like real practical training.
Also, our programming teacher will see our work and etc, he will be our director.

Monsters:
Code:
* You should now be able to obtain Ankh from Monk.

Really Nice ((:)

Lol! Well if I had ot like this, I would spent 5-8hours in day fixing bugs and making it more better. Doesn't matter if it would be simple day or some project. And bugs like-exori con-thats just lazyness. Ofcourse you don't have to spend all your life working on this ot, but still u could be more active.(no offense)

Lol! Well if I had ot like this, I would spent 5-8hours in day fixing bugs and making it more better. Doesn't matter if it would be simple day or some project. And bugs like-exori con-thats just lazyness. Ofcourse you don't have to spend all your life working on this ot, but still u could be more active.(no offense)

We don't have the time to spend 5-8hours working on a OT.
We end school everyday at 16:30, and we gotta sleep as well as we start 8:30 everyday.

Also we have dinner, freetime and outside life as well..
And believe me. Work 5-8hours a day with an OT everyday, and you will get bored easly.

Our school would not accept this if wouldn't be serious.
We have written an working plan etc, and they have looked into it and accepted it. Also, me and Talaturen goes in a computer school, so It's like real practical training.
Also, our programming teacher will see our work and etc, he will be our director.

Ah, cool. Nevermind then. :)

All I have to say is :
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYY

@2up

WEll yeah, 5-8hours is too much and even now u won't spend so much time on ot. But like 1/4 of all theese things that are written there could be done in 1 day. U could just do them instead of making "to do" list. Anyways I know I haven't done so much in ot's to flame you, so chill...cya :p

Fix some stuff on rook like places where we can bot rots hahahaha jk :p
But more spawns, and fkn bears-.-

Great to hear! :thumbup:

A few more things you can hopefully add is:

More spawns in poi dl's and fix the buggs in the Annihilator. As it is now, if you die in there the demons will still be down there. So when another team comes down they will have to face more demons than they usually should.

@2up

WEll yeah, 5-8hours is too much and even now u won't spend so much time on ot. But like 1/4 of all theese things that are written there could be done in 1 day. U could just do them instead of making "to do" list. Anyways I know I haven't done so much in ot's to flame you, so chill...cya :p

Reason for why we have a todo list is because we can now easly keep track on what needs to do etc.
Also we have a little secret project coming up.
More about that will be announced later ;]

Great to hear! :thumbup:

A few more things you can hopefully add is:

More spawns in poi dl's and fix the buggs in the Annihilator. As it is now, if you die in there the demons will still be down there. So when another team comes down they will have to face more demons than they usually should.

The poi DL's is fixed, we just have to update the map :p

Back