• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

So what? Is Ravendown a failure or a hit?

Wolfsoft

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Hello, this is not a topic to denigrate the creators of Ravendawn or the entire server. But I would like to know your opinion. Of course, at the beginning it was a hit and long queues, most games are like that, but after some time? Twitch has only a small amount of streams, the creators do not provide the real number of online players, what do you think? What went wrong? Or maybe I'm wrong and I'm wrong, someone please write something.

it feels like its OTS that pretends to be a proper MMO

it will die on some weeks but its a nice game, maybe the ppleo love the nostalgia of original tibia?

I can't even tell what the reason is, but for some reason it quickly got boring to MANY people, all my friends quit, entire guilds quit after the first weeks. And it was not for a specific reason, like I said, it just got boring. Personally I was really addicted to the game for the first week or so, and it was in fact fun for some part of it, but I can't even say specifically why but it quickly got boring and I just couldn't bother logging in again

I can't even tell what the reason is, but for some reason it quickly got boring to MANY people, all my friends quit, entire guilds quit after the first weeks. And it was not for a specific reason, like I said, it just got boring. Personally I was really addicted to the game for the first week or so, and it was in fact fun for some part of it, but I can't even say specifically why but it quickly got boring and I just couldn't bother logging in again
Maybe progress is too fast/easy?

Maybe progress is too fast/easy?
Don't know if that is the problem, because at some point it gets "hard" a.k.a takes a lot of grinding to progress, so in a way it is not that fast, although the early-mid game is quite fast.
I think although the game has a bunch of different cool systems, it is an ilusion of choices because in the end everyone has to follow the steps, or the same "game loop" to achieve stuff because there is a very specific path you need to follow and very specific progress ladder, so its like you are always doing chores to achieve the next step of the ladder, and everyone doing the same process. In the end, it feels like there's no real freedom, it feels like you chained to that ladder and that is it, you can't do much other than switch between activies but all activies feels as following the same path as everyone else.
Maybe I am thinking too much, to be honest its still hard to analyze, but for some reason it just got boring even though the game has a bunch of cool mechanisms

A hit or a failure? I would say both. In the beginning it was a hit, at the start it had as many people as the big MMO productions. Unfortunately, the game was only polished up to about level 30, then it was unbalanced and lacked content, just a map and the same monsters, but stronger.

Most players have already given up, while others play it as a "farming simulator" - they log in 5 minutes a day to get resources from the farm and log out. The game is dead now. The developers have announced a major update in the coming days, but this is unlikely to help anymore.

The game was simply unfinished, besides, whoever started first and played for days had a HUGE advantage, so it was unfair and discouraged others.

Oh yea that game was pretty much a pyramid scheme hahaha, the top skilled crafting/farming professions could profit high amounts with small effort while everybody else that started a bit later and were not on the top would struggle and have to waste to level up the profession

everybody else that started a bit later and were not on the top would struggle and have to waste to level up the profession
isn't it a basic problem of tibia that happens on all servers? as an example go start tibiantis from level 1 and try to catch up the top player

isn't it a basic problem of tibia that happens on all servers? as an example go start tibiantis from level 1 and try to catch up the top player
There's quite some difference, because in tibiantis for example, assuming top level is 200, if you start today, your journey from 1 to 200 will not be that much different from the journey he spent when leveling up to 200, its just a matter of the time he spent that you'll also have to spend. Its not like you'll do less profit or less exp hunting in a spot than he did back then, the world didnt change. In fact, it will be probably easier for you than it was for him as now equipment are cheaper (you can buy a good set with less resource/time spent than he did back then most likely)

In ravendawn, assuming a top level crafting at 80 (got no clue how high they are now), if you start today, your journey from 1 to 80 on crafting will be COMPLETELY different from the journey he had because he started earlier, in fact your journey will be much harder as its way harder to profit when you are at the bottom of the pyramid, so you'll likely have to spend more time and/or more resources to be able to catch up, while for the fact he was in the top earlier he was profiting way more than you and made much more money.

This happens because the top skilled crafting was always the most profitable one as prices are high when only a few people are crafting a specific tier but once more and more people get to that tier crafting, prices drop a lot, so its gets hard to profit. I don't know how it looks like today but before I stopped playing it was exactly like this. I know this because I was on the top of the pyramid for some weeks and was profiting a lot then I stopped playing for a few days and it quickly got much harder to keep up with that easy profiting, and only those on top kept going.

in simple words - being top in profession allows your to earn money
in others MMOs u start first you got 1.5-3x more money
Ravendawn u start first, you get milions, and if you a bit late u have no money :/

in simple words - being top in profession allows your to earn money
in others MMOs u start first you got 1.5-3x more money
Ravendawn u start first, you get milions, and if you a bit late u have no money :/
Moa breeding is a good example of this in a very drastic way. I remember buying a T3 moa for like 800k and 2 weeks later it was 100-200k same Moa, only the highest tier moas have good sell value while other tiers quickly deflate as there's no point buying them anymore and there's more people selling it. So if you want to start doing moa breeding today you'll waste money while those that started at beginning made millions as each moa they bred was worth good amount of cash.
I wonder once everybody hits the ceiling tier what will happen to the economy

In fact, it will be probably easier for you than it was for him as now equipment are cheaper (you can buy a good set with less resource/time spent than he did back then most likely)
indeed you'll obtain equipment cheaper but you definitely won't have the same profit from looting as he did (for example early game set like fire sword, knight set was turbo rare back then and very profitable for you when you looted such items) also runes were cheaper back in time as i remember

indeed you'll obtain equipment cheaper but you definitely won't have the same profit from looting as he did (for example early game set like fire sword, knight set was turbo rare back then and very profitable for you when you looted such items) also runes were cheaper back in time as i remember
Thats correct but still incomparable to how it is in Ravendawn where the difference is not a slight higher profit but rather you at the top make millions and you at the bottom just waste

Back