• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solving lags! - Reward.

enriel

Big L
Reaction score
Hi there, lately most (+-) players feels some-kinda freeze every 5-10s. For example:
Player is running to x hunting spot, he gets a freeze but on my screen and others he is still walking. This is really strange, I never had this kinda lag or freeze since I had 0.3.1 or it was 0.3.2, not sure. But then, there I had not so many scripts. I'm not sure, but it might be something I've done wrong in settings. Might it also be because my console is full of crap? There is tons of shit, well not that much but still can it cause lag? Seriously, if the one that helps me fix this (must have lot patience) I can pay him in return, x amount of Euro - Not over 50 Euro. I'm really hoping anyone there can sit down one day with me and look trou scripts and other shit that might cause it, you'll get game-master to try it. I hope there is someone that is willing to help me :wub: Sorry for my poor english I'm big n00b :thumbup:
Oh, I almost forgott.. I'm 30000% sure, I'm not under attack, My computer IS not bad nor like my INTERNET because speedtest shows 100/100 +-
Don't ask why I put it here in discussion, I want players also to discuss it ;d

Explain more..

Is this your own server, is it another random OT?
Does this happen on every server?
Does this happen on Real Tibia?
Does this happen on any other game?

It's my own server, It happens my OT only for other player NOT me.

Tell us your OT ip so we can take a look, how much players you got playing 10-20,50-100..? when did u start experiencing this problem? when moving to a new hosting machine or since an update you did then you noticed that?

Tell us your OT ip so we can take a look, how much players you got playing 10-20,50-100..? when did u start experiencing this problem? when moving to a new hosting machine or since an update you did then you noticed that?

It had 200 online and I didn't have any uber scripts, Now I added inq, poi, arena and other scripts from quas using lib/action/movement etc. Then It doesn't matter if there is 1 player or 400 player all will expire same thing. Try yourself, make a character and run a bit: Libera.Servegame.Org I'm not sure, It might be a bug that is looping (just heard from some nibag) and the script is causing freeze every 5s-10s. It's annoying because you freeze on your screen but not for others that is seeing you on their screen.

Hmm, i think i had the same problem on another OT, you got killed by someone, but you were lagging so you couldn't heal, and you didn't notice that you were dead until the lag disappeered?

( I'll explain better tomorrow, i'm toow tired.. )

Hm, Not only when dying.. happens randomly every 5-10s, sometimes HEAVY. Not even restarting server/pc/cleaning map etc helps. I think its a script that always is being used when I start server.

And you're 30000% sure that you don't have any kind of virus that'd slow it down?

120312903 % sure, I've changed from vista (full with shit) to xp, brand new. Actually before installing many scripts etc, doing updates. I had 200 players total with no lags even for Chinese ;d also it was with vista, later on.. I did many script updates and server started laging but I'm not sure if it's the scripts or something els scripter mixed with. Things like LIB/ACTIONS/MOVEMENTS/CREATURESCRIPT/GLOBALEVENTS/ got changed. I've tried to use regular action/movement.xml/globalevents.xml/creaturescript but same result, so It might be libs, not sure cause I don't understand much about these kinda stuff.

Brand new computer, brand new scripts, no virus.. Theres only one answer man.. The players are slowing it down.

No, I can say there is no virus, scripts might be some leak in other files but I've tried action/movements/creature - it can be some shit added to lib? Some wrong setting? Something with any other script than action-movement-creature-script.

Last edited:
well, i think its great now ;> i had before, but not now.
gj whatever u did!
Regards, Ruvel

I'm not sure but it seems some has it still, (bumpxD)

Some? You mean some servers, or some users?

If only a handful of users has the problem, it's not your server which is at fault, but rather the network routing between your ISP and theirs which causes lag due to high latency/speed.

some users, as I said it just happends on my server for others. I don't think it's high ping, some that had lag doesn't reach the ping over 50-55. I think it's something with server or as you say might be latency/speed ;o

some users, as I said it just happends on my server for others. I don't think it's high ping, some that had lag doesn't reach the ping over 50-55. I think it's something with server or as you say might be latency/speed ;o

Tell the affected players to do a traceroute of your IP, in fact, tell ALL your players to do it, that way you can see which route the connection takes for everyone. Might explain the issues if their connection is routed through a bad node with high latency/low speed/bandwidth issues.

Asking them for their ISP would be a good idea too, as well as what country/city they live in, perhaps you can figure out a pattern to these problems, namely a certain city/country/ISP at fault.

I doubt because lags just came and never stopped, well I worked on server so I might did some wrong. I don't believe it's problem whit them or with me, rather think it's something wrong with server because screen freezes for exampel YOU but for ME it's not freezed, you are walking like nothing..

I doubt because lags just came and never stopped, well I worked on server so I might did some wrong. I don't believe it's problem whit them or with me, rather think it's something wrong with server because screen freezes for exampel YOU but for ME it's not freezed, you are walking like nothing..

Well here's the problem... If the lag is server-based, EVERYONE would be lagging. The fact that only a few people lags, means it's a problem with the connection between them and your server.

Also keep in mind that if you're playing from the same server as you're hosting, or host on the same internet connection as the server, there will be minimal lag for you while everyone else is lagging.

Back