• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Sprites becoming see-through?

Drakkhan

Illuria Project Lead
Reaction score
Has anyone else encountered this? small chunks of random sprites in my server have become see-through... I HAVE edited the .spr, .dat, and .otb files.. but NOT these sprites/items that are invisible :/..

I'm using Storms Editor, Tibia Editor 9.81, and otitemeditor.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Strange Missing Pixels.png

There is a chunk of see through sabre, a hole in the plate armor, and nearly see through diamonds. It is as if a certain variety of white has become invisible.

Is there some location that states what color pixels shall be invisible?

Is there a limit to the number of colors total that all sprites can draw from? like a palette of 256 colors to draw with and any other colors become invisible?

I have not edited any of these items or sprites shown here. They are sitting on backpacks so that the brown will show through the see through aspects.

Probably some bug in my editor writing the items wrong.
Transparency is #FF00FF (pink). All other colors will be draw with an opacity of 1 by the client.

Edit: Can you maybe tell me how to reproduce it?
Which exact sprite (id) have you replace with which (if you could send me that sprite).

@Summ I'll get back to you next weekend when I have less work to do. What I know now is that my custom sprites are fine. I have yet to decompile my .spr file and check if those pixels in the original sprites that are missing have been turned to pink, though.

@Shadowsong any chance you could share the links to the specific tools you mean?

Ok. I am not that interested in updating that editor much as I want to work on a OTClient Spr/Dat editor.
However basic functionality should be given, so inform me when you know me

@Shadowsong any chance you could share the links to the specific tools you mean?[/quote]

I think they're kinda extinct haha. They were on OTFans but as you know, the website was closed, and I can't seem to find it here. Anyway, they don't work with versions 8.54+ unless you get ahold of the sources and modify them and those are pretty rare (I think only 1 or 2 guys have them). I can upload the original tools if you want, I still have them on my disk.

Hmm... I believe I have a pseudo working set of tools now. If I (or perhaps Summ) can solve this problem and one other minor one.. I will write a tutorial on my current means of modifying everything 9.61 :).

@Summ I took a few moments to analyze the problem.

When I open the .spr/.dat files that my client is using, the sprite of the sabre appears to have white pixels where the see-through portion is. It hasn't been changed in any way from Tibia original. Other tools such as otitemeditor see the same effect.

The change I've made from the original 9.61 .spr/.dat files are the following:

I added .dat item CIDs: 16273-16317
I replaced sprites 60124-60259 with custom sprites.

I chose to replace those sprites because adding sprites using Storms Editor was causing Sprites 0-10 to bug out. Adding my custom sprites over sprites I never intended to use was my non-elegant solution to that problem.

Also, I have added corresponding SID references for each CID to items.otb using otitemeditor.

Finally, although the sabre isn't the only affected item, for reference, it is:

CID: 3273
SID: 2385
Sprite #: 10910

EDIT: Also @Summ thanks for your time. Even if the editor is buggy, it is the only one I have found that makes an effort to be non-extinct. Without .spr/.dat/.otb editors. We would all just be a bunch of mappers who add skill multipliers to Cipsofts work... hah!

Last edited:
Back