• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Starting a OT

Demonkil

Beginner Mapper
Reaction score
Well first of all i'm wanting to start a 8.60 ot but not a real map i see them as boring and over used, but also i don't want to start from scratch as i'm nowhere close to a good mapper.

so i was wondering if there is a 8.60 ot with a decent map, so i can add onto it make new spawns and customise it a little.

Also for a custom map what rates would you suggest having to attract serious players but decent enough to have more than 30+ players online, all suggestions are welcome thanks

Edit: also for a custom map ot if i was gonna get a dedi what would be the lowest specs i could use to hold like 50-100 people

Last edited:
First of all, start small. If you can manage it, host the server yourself until there's enough players to need a dedicated serer.

Second, distro maps are just as boring as realmaps, it may take a while to make your own custom server, but the effort's worth it in the long run.

Fourthly (I failed maths ;)) I'd suggest if you set it at around 4x or so, or perhaps make completely custom monsters then have 1x

The best advice I can give you is stick at it no matter what the haters say, at the end of the day you're doing something they're jealous of.

Good luck!

If i made my own map it would be really bad, i'm not a very good mapper that is why i wanna start with a base map

If i made my own map it would be really bad, i'm not a very good mapper that is why i wanna start with a base map

If your mapping's worse than mine (Highly unlikely ;)) then why not look for a team to make the OTS with you? Find yourself someone that's doing -just- the mapping? That should make things easier for you so you can add scripts and whatever you want into it :)

Back