• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestions to ModernAAC

Nostradamus

Reaction score
I'm thinking on using ModernAAC for a project, so I've studied entire core of the system, so i came with some suggestions:

1. Upgrade POT: ModernAAC uses POT 1.5 while we have POT 2.0aSVN, which it isn't the most updated, but it helps to some actions. Instead of this, you guys can convert POT to support entire TFS schema. (I can help on that, if wanted).
  2. Why ModernAAC uses "page_access" instead of schema Groups? It isn't more standard?
  3. Templates are very limited, so why we have a templates folder, since we can easily do something similar using views folder (i don't know CI, but in CakePHP there is some components that helps on creating something like this)
  4. The injections thing is very interesting, but it can be better, if they act as modules (activate/deactivate)
  5. Installation can parse config.lua file (search for "lua parser php" or something like that, there is a tons of classes of that, if you're lazy like Geisior to use lua files as ini files)
  6. Include a REST platform for something like highscores (not so important, only a particular suggestion :p)
  7. Use .htaccess file. Everyone here uses XAMPP, which allows that file by default. It is ugly to have "index.php/<page>"
  8. Validation rules should be in there for every injection that users may use. A completly relationship database (using models) is better than allowing people to develop anything without thinking on the sanitizations.
  9. i18n! A lof of people is requesting ModernAAC in Portuguese, Polish or whatever it is. It is not hard to make that using gettext (.po/.mo and .pot catalog thing)

Well, for now it is that. I will start developing some custom things for my server this weekend, so i can see if there are more things, or maybe, submit some patches.

By the way, nice project ;-)

1) We will see, for now it works as it should :)
2) Well, you want to have a God on the server, but not admin on the website.
3) There are few really nice functions for templates, I guess I've posted some on tutorials section so take a look, anyway there is templating engine built in CI, but I will think about it later on.
4) There are few things like this, events, hooks, injections and template alters :)
8) I think it is possible

Thanks

5. No, ModernAAC shouldn't be dependant on TFS's files by default.
7. Not true. Lighttpd / nginx is VERY common, and atleast 20% of the ModernAAC users don't use Apache. Also alot of people who install Apache them self tend to turn off .htaccess. We can tho add regex rules for lighttpd and nginx.

Back