• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] Crying-Dog 7.4 - Custom Client/Custom Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
My suggestion would be to open up the server with about 3 days non PVP and then make it normal PVP with 3frags RS, 6frags BAN and about 12h fragtime.

You might get some players if you reduce the ammount of player killing, i know i'll start.

Some minor bugs:
slime shouldn't poison
slime summon name is wrong (it says slime2)
since boats are free, npc saying "do you want to go for 0 gold" is useless
some spawns are too fast, killed demon skeleton, went up, went down, and there was new demon skeleton already
rotworms are moving too fast

I fixed boh already, tested and working fine but before they were barely giving speed. About rest of the bugs, I'll take care of them when I get home from work later today.

Nevermind, it didn't spawn, it was following me offscreen.

Did you changed the lootrate Oo : 16:48 Spaccie: yah i killed 15 bk and got 8 k arms and 3 klegs and 1 k axe

Thats like 1 item per BK. Totally stupid. Today like 6 dsm been loot and a couple of rh. Me like the rate it has before but seems like something is suspiscious or just plain luck...but still,just wondering.

Also,why i see other afk runemaking while i get yell at when im afk training?Everyone should be treat the same way . Guess its time to use some frags.

EDIT : Its impossible to reach you beside msging you here. Even then it takes ages. Theres currently a bug that people are abusing to get money. I got 2 name currently abusing it. Things like that really turn me off and i hope action will be taken. Gonna PM you the bug,cause i dont want people to abuse this. Its probably already too late.

They went from ml 30 to 47 +++ in a matter of minute. Using the money to buy mfs and make runes non stop.Hopefully you can see this before it get out of control.

Last edited:
Bug solved. Actions will be taken, going to search their characters, they admit they did it but says they couldn't report it since i was offline, which is justified, however they did use the money even though they we're from an abused bug in the npc script. They told me they sold in total (together) 9 shields, if I find elsewise on any of their characters, they will be gone forever. I gave them a warning. For now.

Bump

Added a public 'training rat' today. There are several reasons for this; most people play sorcerer due to obvious reasons, they can't be bothered to play knight or paladin because of the skill rate, some does but still, 99% of the people who gives the server a try, even if they are considered to be noobs or not, are requesting some sort of training area. This rat will allow everyone to train, but if you're afk, you can be killed by anyone since it's located on a roof in the main town.

More trainers will never be added. This feature is only to bring more players, not to ruin the gameplay even though some people already thinks it does.

Note: It's still against the rules to train with some sort of software or cheat in any other kind of way.

For those who plays the server and are members on this forum, I'd love to hear you opinion about this, and even if you don't play, I'd still be thrilled.

At first i thought wtf since i had to train the old way (spear + hitting another guy + picking up spear zzz) ...but after seeing it was open pvp and cant be afk (due to noob pking),its fine i guess. Im not really agaisnt...and not really for. I prefer the old hard way but this server need more people so,guess its a good move.

edit : Dont forget about checking DL speed. At first i thought it wasnt much of a hassle but then i thought if a knight go hunt dls,he will have trouble running after it since they are quite fast

Last edited:
Le botter:
zspda8.png

ty loot menz i throw in river naow

i already reported him and other person but gm sais they werent botting. I knew i wasnt dumb. Keep em coming i like seeing such screenies :D

SERVER WILL RE-START TOMORROW 2012-04-27 - 18:00

There are several reasons for this, but the main one is that people quit after reaching level 20, due to the fact that the most of them won't bother to explore anything.
Some forumlas will be changed, for example the experience stage. You can see this in the main post when it's updated.

Restarting because people quit after lvl20? Thats takes 10min. They will quit at 50 after getting rape and losing their equip anyway so this wont change anything at all. Make higher penalty for pking and less frags allowed.

They still quit. And if you're 50 you're able to fight people, you don't have to declare war but still. I've changed now so it uses same rate as real tibia did regarding kills to redskull and kills to ban.

Sounds stupid to me. Why don't you just change the formula? Right now you may only loose active players, and if newcomers don't want to explore map, that means they are lazy and giving them even 1000x won't change that matter.

This is good.

Change to normal PVP with 8-12h for each frag or people will random PK again.

Sounds stupid to me. Why don't you just change the formula? Right now you may only loose active players, and if newcomers don't want to explore map, that means they are lazy and giving them even 1000x won't change that matter.

Well it depends, I've lost many chances with new commers already. You might have a point about losing already loyal players to the server... this is now a mess that I have brought upon myself. However the server is in desperate need of players. Yesterday, at several points the player amount was at 0, then rose to 3, back to 0, when I made the decision it was one player online.

Im fine with it. The next time im out though! But still im having a blast on your server only problem is restarting kinda piss me off. Not to mention ive been training for a while. And MANY people (noobs) left after getting pk'ed by lvl 50. Plus the guy i report you abusing money bug killed about 12player in total and nearly all of those quit. Should have punish them more severely rather then leaving us fight them.

Anyway hopefully this time it succeed a little bit better. Try and be more active at the start noobs like to see GM in gamechat and such.

*And fix DL speed lol..please.

EDIT: You should make a new post regarding server reset cause lots of people will only see crying-dog 7.4 with 7 page and think its still going on and such. So it might turn off the people who already checked this thread and didnt joined the first time around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back