• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Swevolutions failure

Wavoz

Oldschooler
Reaction score
After working least 6 hours daily for a week on so called "ready to run swevolutions datapack" it all failed really fast...
I am full of enthusiasm, i am ready to offer fun to people, but it looks like i don't know anything about OT community anymore.

Channel Bad Mir saved at Wed Jul 10 12:37:04 2013
12:28 Bad Mir [35]: why
12:28 Bad Mir [35]: i cant use bot man?
12:28 Wavoz [8]: coz botting is illegal D:
12:28 Bad Mir [37]: -.-
12:29 Bad Mir [39]: !aol
12:29 Bad Mir [39]: !buy aol
12:29 Bad Mir [39]: !buyaol
12:29 Bad Mir [39]: how to buy aol?
12:29 Wavoz [8]: aol and blessings can be bought from shop
12:29 Wavoz [8]: below temple
12:29 Bad Mir [39]: lol should be
12:29 Bad Mir [39]: a command
12:29 Bad Mir [39]: to buy them
12:30 Bad Mir [43]: i think my aol
12:30 Bad Mir [43]: has dissapered
12:30 Wavoz [8]: if you die it does
12:30 Bad Mir [43]: !buyhouse
12:30 Bad Mir [43]: i didnt die
12:30 Bad Mir [43]: how to buy h ouse?
12:30 Wavoz [8]: .!commands
12:30 Wavoz [8]: .adito som
12:31 Bad Mir [43]: adito som
12:31 Bad Mir [43]: no work
12:31 Bad Mir [43]: i wanna the house
12:31 Bad Mir [43]: V
12:31 Bad Mir [43]: down temple
12:31 Bad Mir [43]: what to say
12:31 Wavoz [8]: .alevo grav
12:31 Bad Mir [43]: alevo grav
12:31 Bad Mir [43]: can i have 1cc
12:31 Bad Mir [43]: ?
12:32 Wavoz [8]: go hunt
12:32 Bad Mir [43]: only 1cc :/
12:32 Bad Mir [43]: need it
12:34 Bad Mir [43]: ey i wanna bot
12:34 Bad Mir [43]: everyone should use bot
12:34 Bad Mir [43]: why its illegal?
12:35 Bad Mir [43]: who told you that ? :S

This was a conversation i had with a player 37 minutes after the launch. Least 2/3 of people online were complaining that they wanna bot, and that i should allow them to bot. I don't understand what is so great about botting on OT server?
If your players wanted to bot on your server, would you allow them to? Are there no more people left playing OTs who can have fun without bots?

Simple is fun?
I understand that OT server should be a lot easier than real tibia, else people would just enjoy playing real tibia. But having everything too easy? Cheap blessings? cheap potions? Command for aol and bless instead of good old npc? People are demanding shorter pz lock time, more frags, less push delay? I suggested that i can make a war server in that case where people don't lose any level and have ulmitied supplies. "No they won't lose anything, its no fun". What do you have to lose now when you got cheap blessings that won't lose any skills?
It looks like i am developing OT server to 10 year olds who want everything simple. I don't understand what people want anymore, in 2008 when i was playing OT servers a lot, it was all about challenge, getting the satisfaction from achieving something hard.

I am disappointed in OT server community, it seems like older generation who grew up playing real tibia in "old school" times have grown up and left, and their younger brothers who didn't achieve anything are here to play cheap OT stuff so they can actually feel good at getting something.

I don't know how many of you have played "swev" style servers, but i wanna hear opinions and suggestions what makes a good OT server that people play.
If it's all about botting, TPs, flashing signs everywhere and enormous exp then i don't feel like doing anything with OT anymore.
I am full of will power, I don't ask any donations or money for hosting, i am here just to offer people to play something fun they like.

Servers change with time, people demand new things. Swev is a great server and should not be a war server. I belive that everything a swev ot really needs is semi cheap blessings and semi cheap potions, nothing more. It makes the ot alot more fun. Also a not to low xp rate would be great since you do not have do spend ages sitting infront of your computer screen pressing two buttons, right?

Also for if you are going for a non bot client. Make SURE that it is safe and NON-bot, so egyptians like Admirer cant crack the elfbot code and create a new modified custom client within 10-15 minutes, ask somebody for help. Milice that worked for swev.se did a great job with his non bot client, nobody could figure out how to get bot untill he told everyone how to.

Regards, Joinz aka Power ranger

- - - Updated - - -

Servers change with time, people demand new things. Swev is a great server and should not be a war server. I belive that everything a swev ot really needs is semi cheap blessings and semi cheap potions, nothing more. It makes the ot alot more fun. Also a not to low xp rate would be great since you do not have do spend ages sitting infront of your computer screen pressing two buttons, right?

Also for if you are going for a non bot client. Make SURE that it is safe and NON-bot, so egyptians like Admirer cant crack the elfbot code and create a new modified custom client within 10-15 minutes, ask somebody for help. Milice that worked for swev.se did a great job with his non bot client, nobody could figure out how to get bot untill he told everyone how to.

Regards, Joinz aka Power ranger

Well, I believe you're using client version 8.60, right?
If you want less botters, use a higher client version since elfbot stopped develop bots for version 8.70 or higher. (I can't assure you that there will be absolutely no botters, but there will be less for sure.)
Most players that plays on 8.60 Ot's uses bot now a days actually, there is nearly impossible to PvP on a 8.60 ot's since almost everyone uses "auto heal" and even "dash" with elfbot. (Which makes them run faster then normally..) As I said, try to use a higher client version and there will be less botters for sure.

Also you won't find a 8.60 ot's completly botless as there will always be non-skilled players as I call them. For me i actually dont give a sht if there is botters on a open tibia server, if you want alot of players, just let them bot and do what they're good at..

Yours,
Naxtie

I play OTs to play and real tibia to bot. If the server is no fun on low level (often the case), I'd bot or simply quit. Don't make them struggle on early levels, it's no fun. Make them struggle after they've gotten their shit together (lvl 100 or so?)

But what you've got on your hands is a kid, you'll encounter a lot of them. Ignore them and they'll quit or just try on their own, don't pay them any attention.

Sadly you just have to face the facts that most of the community bots now whether they admit it or not. It's quite a disgrace to me personally and this is 1 of the main reasons why I stoped playing servers. There are botters everywhere, it doesn't matter if its allowed or not allowed as long as you're not afk botting it's almost near impossible to get caught as long as you're smart enough. I still don't understand why people like using bots, you don't even get to do it yourself its just a program doing eveything for you. Most complain that they don't feel like doing repetitive task and such like that so they like to bot which is unfair for those who don't use a bot. I've also had people tell me to play for my "own" fun instead of trying to be the best but the truth is if you're just trying to play for your own fun why not go and play a singleplayer game....I like playing OTs because I can compete with other players but that's obviously not possible when people bot. The truth is the older generation was better, now most servers are just real maps, download and run servers or just server to make some quick money. It's as simple as if you want players allow botting, otherwise you'll have a really low player population and even then at-least half of them will still try botting anyway. I'm most likely only sticking around for 2 more servers but after that I'm going to quit tibia for what it's become.

I played almost all Swev out there, including the original swev and swev-v2 from rufus, i played djivarsot, played endlessot, played sweddy ots, but no one was like the original, to me endlessot was the closed one, if you do a server identical as the original i will play it no matter if i must throw away 4 months of premmy in tibia rl. and we the botters, i also suggest a no tolerance. i think is you do it with old clients like 8.4 or 8.3 bots wont work, or that's why i think. but don't get sad about the new tibia players, if you open your server pm me i will try it!

Just go for what you want man.

Launching a server that you created 100%, will always give you a better sense of accomplishment than just doing the same old shit everyone else is doing.

8.6 is a botting client now. I'm not going to lie, I'm probably one of the biggest botters on 8.6... but that's just because on 8.6, It's literally impossible to keep up if you don't. It's a very fast paced client version now.

If you want to eliminate most of your botters, do what Naxtie said. The only reason so many people bot the 8.6 client, is because it's SO easy to crack elfbot. Whereas, It's more of a problem to get one of the newer bots.
Good luck though man.

- - - Updated - - -

Just go for what you want man.

Launching a server that you created 100%, will always give you a better sense of accomplishment than just doing the same old shit everyone else is doing.

8.6 is a botting client now. I'm not going to lie, I'm probably one of the biggest botters on 8.6... but that's just because on 8.6, It's literally impossible to keep up if you don't. It's a very fast paced client version now.

If you want to eliminate most of your botters, do what Naxtie said. The only reason so many people bot the 8.6 client, is because it's SO easy to crack elfbot. Whereas, It's more of a problem to get one of the newer bots.
Good luck though man.

well i see a problem, may be is me but the newer tibia version won't fit the style of this ot. that's why i recomend to use 8.3-8.4 and also try to using a custom client anti-bot.

If it's all about botting, TPs, flashing signs everywhere and enormous exp then i don't feel like doing anything with OT anymore.
+Add donations to it.

It makes no sense a game you should play, because we play for fun!, Exciting, challenging etc.
but even when we make a own server with higher rates, people still let a program play for themselves.
because they are lazy, Barely got skills, No patient(Skilling), And want as soon as possible the highest or strongest in server.
In that case: Quit tibia if you do not play for fun, but a program play so you enjoy just your stats or because you cannot hunt without!

Everyone who agrees on this should do the following:
- Do not cry about: Another rl map or another evo server when someone starts the thread about his idea, Its free bumps just ignore it and let it die.
- Instead of giving free scripts away, Create tutorials.
- People who own sites like otland or otservlist etc. Should not support bot scripts(or links) or download/run servers in the list
- If you are developer, develop something else that the same shit all the time.
- Punish cheaters hard
- If someone requests a script, help him only when he shows his script(Proof that he at least tries, or got stuck somewhere in it) OR he is busy developing a custom server (Thread already created on the forum).

Btw: If you are swevolutions from 8.0 or lower then i enjoyed it, But if your not then i do not know your server but wish ya still much luck!

That statement of that guy: Everyone should bot, Why its illegal, who told you that
Speechless how the community changed..

Back