• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS TS (The Forgotten Server Tool Suite)

Will it be open source?
Possibly, I haven't decided yet. :)
Put it on apple app store for money and you will make some money with it for sure
What would be the point of putting this on the app store? This is aimed at Windows/Linux based machines haha. Besides I'm not an official developer, I don't have access to an Apple computer in which to program, and I would have to learn their programming language.

its a form of QT i believe. And id rather see a tibia client on the app store than this lol. Anyways back on topic, how much progress have you gotten done.

its a form of QT i believe. And id rather see a tibia client on the app store than this lol. Anyways back on topic, how much progress have you gotten done.

I have the basic UI finished and Config is basically done. I'm off work tomorrow so I'll be able to put a good dent in the other tools.

Is it much to do? This tool will be really helpfull for everyone

Yeah it's very time consuming. It's not a difficult program to code, it just takes a lot of time to do, and I don't necessarily have that time haha. Don't worry though, I work on it whenever I have spare time so it will eventually be finished.

When do you think you will be done with this program?:) i will for sure use it!

Small problem; I forgot I had VS2010 installed which is in BETA and uses .NET Framework 4.0 which is also in BETA. The problem with this is that BETAs are ever-changing so it might not be compatible with the Final release of VS2010, and I can't downgrade to VS2008... I'm currently installing my VS2008, and I'll be getting to work soon. This may be for the best because I had a GUI redesign in mind that should make the program better looking and easier to use.

You should make it server and client sided. So if you have a dedicated server, you can easy configure it from your home or something like that.

You should make it server and client sided. So if you have a dedicated server, you can easy configure it from your home or something like that.
Your dedicated server would have to allow you remote access to alter any files that they possess, which would possess them to have this program on their machine...You should have a copy of the current files on your computer anyways (backups are always a good idea), so you can edit the files on your computer and send it to whoever is hosting your server. Just make sure you get an updated copy of the server before editing if you have more than just you working on files. This would make more since if this was a web program, but even then the hoster would have to download the files from the web anyways...
I really hope this is open source ^^
There's a good chance it will be since I no longer plan on putting a price tag on it.
i hope you finish it we are waiting :)
The new version is currently in the works. I'll have screenshots soon. :)

Really nice dude:) i hope this will be relaced:)

I'm trying my best to get it done soon. :)

Update:
After reverting back to VS2008 I had to restart the project which gave me a reason to redo the GUI. I updated the first post with an image of the new main screen and a preview of the Config tool, which I will also post here.

tfstsconfig.png

As you can see in the image there is a 'Jump to...' function. This will allow you to 'jump' to a specific section in the Config tool for quicker editing. It will also follow you, staying in the top-right-hand corner, to allow 'jumping' from anywhere. All fields come with their default values when you first start the program or start a New config file. The only time they will be different is when you Load a config file. If there is something you don't like about the preview, or you wish to make a suggestion please do so soon so I can add it to the tool.

Thanks.

EDIT:
I'm thinking about putting the New, Load, Save, and Jump to... options in their own box and have them all follow you in the Config tool to allow for quicker access so you don't have to 'jump' back to the top of the Config tool. Right now the 'Jump to...' function is the only thing that follows you and it's overlaid on the controls so it kind of blends in. What do you guys think of this idea?

Last edited:
I'm trying my best to get it done soon. :)

Update:
After reverting back to VS2008 I had to restart the project which gave me a reason to redo the GUI. I updated the first post with an image of the new main screen and a preview of the Config tool, which I will also post here.

tfstsconfig.png

As you can see in the image there is a 'Jump to...' function. This will allow you to 'jump' to a specific section in the Config tool for quicker editing. It will also follow you, staying in the top-right-hand corner, to allow 'jumping' from anywhere. All fields come with their default values when you first start the program or start a New config file. The only time they will be different is when you Load a config file. If there is something you don't like about the preview, or you wish to make a suggestion please do so soon so I can add it to the tool.

Thanks.

EDIT:
I'm thinking about putting the New, Load, Save, and Jump to... options in their own box and have them all follow you in the Config tool to allow for quicker access so you don't have to 'jump' back to the top of the Config tool. Right now the 'Jump to...' function is the only thing that follows you and it's overlaid on the controls so it kind of blends in. What do you guys think of this idea?

One word; Awesome

Thanks to some input from Ian I changed the UI a bit. The icons are gone, the Config tool is easier to sort through, and you can resize/maximize the window. The layout for the Config tool is complete and I'm currently working on its internal coding. (Loading, saving, etc.) I'll update the screenshots later.

Thanks to some input from Ian I changed the UI a bit. The icons are gone, the Config tool is easier to sort through, and you can resize/maximize the window. The layout for the Config tool is complete and I'm currently working on its internal coding. (Loading, saving, etc.) I'll update the screenshots later.

Great news! Can't wait to see it:).

Back