• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Thoughs on releasing a public use map.

Summit

Reaction score
It's been a while peoples :D.

So, i got bored and downloaded rme again. it'd been a while since i mapped and i'm kinda feelin it again but i need a purpose for my mapping to be enjoyable so i figured i would make a free usage map. it seems all thats out there anymore are real maps or massivly time consuming maps that take so much effort alot of people dont even begin to map.

It will not be exeptionaly detailed because, well then i would want to save it for opening a server again. basicly theres 2 ways i could go with it, either a plug and play map where its all done and ready to roll or i can do a "foundation" where i put in the cities, a few spawns, and a couple quests. however the second option would leave open alot of diff spawns to force them to map those in.

I wanna know what you guys think about it. plug and play or foundation. what kinda spawns you would expect to see. what kind of quests should be implemented. what style of map (rpg, pg, teleport, ect.). so on so forth.

or another idea to map places together like, you release a sketch and we all take parts of it and fill it as we want then we publish it on your thread and slowly map is getting filled :)

in what sense? You mean map spawns individualy and release them?

I think they mean, you should just release the map shape.

I like this idea, I'm always open to new projects haha. If you need help with something just contact me.

Ya, based on feed back from OTFans I'm going foundation. I've got a base laid out, I just need some more input. what kind of spawns should I put in? should i just make a bunch of low level areas and leave the rest open or should i put in a bit of all level areas but leave them unfinished/ too small for hosting due to a quick overcrowding of the areas. Also how far should i go with the base layout, 1 city and a handfull of spawns or a few cities with a couple spawns each? I'm kind of thinking single city with a few spawns because that will let them make their own layout for their cities, but both have their pros and cons.

Edit: uploading some pics, on that note do you think i should detail it alot or keep it somewhat simple and let them detail it more on their own?

overveiw of the map, do you think i should push that land south (red arrow)? Also, the gray box is going to be a mountain with a water fall that feeds the lake, and there for the rivers that branch from it.
2wcftr7.jpg

temple ground floor
1t3gbk.jpg

full temple (went for a sort of gothic architecture.
4rra.jpg

a farm outside the city
dpk4sj.jpg

food shop
2jez79g.jpg

wep/armor shop
2rg29a8.jpg

pally shop (above the wep shop)

nvpcmx.jpg

Last edited:
Back