• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[US][7.4] Nostalther Violet | True Reverse Engineered 7.4 | STARTS SEPT 10 2022

Server Website/AAC
https://vlt.nostalther.com/
Server Address
vlt.nostalther.com
Server Port
Client Protocol
I agree with you Tampik. But this is unfortunately the world of Tibia, open servers. Different laws govern here. Sure, everyone would prefer a free server without any Shop. To be able to fully enjoy the game from the very beginning, but this is Tibia. Here, people, doing something, working, expect some kind of remuneration, even not to a great extent. Codes, scripts, if you want to have something decent, then a lot of money comes into play, because nobody will give you something valuable that everyone is looking for for free, and we are talking about hundreds, if not thousands of dollars or euros. You have to understand that there is a different community here than elsewhere, more toxic and more envious than other games. I would also like a decent server to be created, without a Shop, without the possibility of buying anything, and the server would survive from the owner's pocket or donations. Unfortunately, this is Tibia, and different laws apply here.

Fucking. Don't listen to Tampik.
Imagine trolling oldschool ot threads for not being newschool ot threads. tampon really is a special case and exactly the type of person this server is not for.... because this is for oldschool players who enjoy oldschool with all it's quirks, tampon seems to just be a typical fake "oldschool" player

chrome_505gPd9bNV.jpgchrome_zTMRUffBTc.jpg skills 1 or 2x? website info is different than otland thread

Why location US West?
Do you think that in USA is a lot of tibia players?

I agree with you Tampik. But this is unfortunately the world of Tibia, open servers. Different laws govern here. Sure, everyone would prefer a free server without any Shop. To be able to fully enjoy the game from the very beginning, but this is Tibia. Here, people, doing something, working, expect some kind of remuneration, even not to a great extent. Codes, scripts, if you want to have something decent, then a lot of money comes into play, because nobody will give you something valuable that everyone is looking for for free, and we are talking about hundreds, if not thousands of dollars or euros. You have to understand that there is a different community here than elsewhere, more toxic and more envious than other games. I would also like a decent server to be created, without a Shop, without the possibility of buying anything, and the server would survive from the owner's pocket or donations. Unfortunately, this is Tibia, and different laws apply here.
Did I write somewhere that it should make a free server?
I just explained to him what kind of server is less p2win and what is better.
Imagine trolling oldschool ot threads for not being newschool ot threads. tampon really is a special case and exactly the type of person this server is not for.... because this is for oldschool players who enjoy oldschool with all it's quirks, tampon seems to just be a typical fake "oldschool" player
What are you talking about, I've been playing this game since real tibia 7.4 and on oldschool ots servers for a long time.

I played on most oldschool servers, that I criticize servers, what I don't like about them doesn't mean I troll them.

I played on so many old school servers that you can't even imagine it.

I was about 16 when real tibia was 7.4 and I have much more knowledge because I remember it more precisely than people who were tiny in the 7-8 years.

Just as many oldschool servers use the pox mas formula which deals dmg instead of just poison, it came from war servers where most used this type of formula.

Think about what trolling would have him for, because there are currently no servers that I would play and try to trolling.

Registered accounts will start with pacc in the beginning too, but with the reworks, not much is locked behind pacc. it's not as crippling as real tibia is :)

View attachment 70349View attachment 70350 skills 1 or 2x? website info is different than otland thread

it was previous plan of owner, he prolly havent changed it yet on website.
Rates will be 1x, as they are advertised on the features page here: Nostalther Violet (https://vlt.nostalther.com/features.php)

Initially the proposed rates were with slightly higher exp/slills like 2x, but after discussions and feedback, the official rates settled on flat 1x for consistency. Respawn is boosted a little though to compensate for the 7.4 old school respawn systems slowness.

I will try it, but I'm not sure if it will be playable from Europe. Good luck on start ;)

I will try it, but I'm not sure if it will be playable from Europe. Good luck on start ;)
Yeah, ping is a shame.

I'm australian, so I'll always have like 200~, but I picked US for this host just because it's somewhat central.

If the ends up being interest, I may open a EU server in the future, so at least check it out :)

Let me tell you that, you should do at least faster roogkard, because most types of bot work on your client and there is no way you can cath all.

Ping and fps very bad , very poor gameplay comfort and numerous freeze , but playable.

You immediately want to play when you see cave bots haha on the low rate x1 server, when someone has to go through it manually, and the guy will start the bot at night and he move not even with his hand.

If a guy from Brazil has a ping 380 here and players from Brazil are there are more than US players, and also Europeans have a very bad ping, then what's the point of hosting the server in a place where the least number of players comes from?

I do not understand that hosting in a place where everyone has bad ping.

Last edited:
Let me tell you that, you should do at least faster roogkard, because most types of bot work on your client and there is no way you can cath all.

Ping and fps very bad , very poor gameplay comfort and numerous freeze , but playable.

You immediately want to play when you see cave bots haha on the low rate x1 server, when someone has to go through it manually, and the guy will start the bot at night and he move not even with his hand.

If a guy from Brazil has a ping 380 here and players from Brazil are there are more than US players, and also Europeans have a very bad ping, then what's the point of hosting the server in a place where the least number of players comes from?

I do not understand that hosting in a place where everyone has bad ping.

The ping is entirely based on your location and distance from the host. Your FPS is entirely based on your computers capability. IF you have issues with fps you should try the open GL client or the classic client. or try capping your fps to 60 for more consistency.

From Rio de Janeiro I personally get around 135 ms from tests which is definitely playable. IF you're getting 380 ping from Brazil, this seems like it might be your internet at fault more so than the server.

I'm also from australia and get around 180, which is further than Brazil, but still much better than 380.
I think that better location will be Europe or Brazil.

The ping is entirely based on your location and distance from the host. Your FPS is entirely based on your computers capability. IF you have issues with fps you should try the open GL client or the classic client. or try capping your fps to 60 for more consistency.

From Rio de Janeiro I personally get around 135 ms from tests which is definitely playable. IF you're getting 380 ping from Brazil, this seems like it might be your internet at fault more so than the server.

I'm also from australia and get around 180, which is further than Brazil, but still much better than 380.
No, no, I didn't use vpn to connect to Brazil, only this Brazilian boter on the server asked me what ping I have, because he has 380.

Well, it's not exactly what you say when it comes to fps, because on many client servers with exactly the same client settings, fps differ significantly.

The size of the graphics icons also has a significant image
fps bandwidth.

For example, when I play on the realesta war server and I have 800: 600 graphics, if I do not run a recording program that eats up some fps, I get 270-300 fps.

When I used the same client settings and made 1980: 1020 graphics, my fps automatic would drop to around 140 -120 fps.

If I used the same settings on other the client connect to another client of the outcast 7.6 server, my fps value would be only 30-35.

So not entirely, it depends on the computer only on the bandwidth that a given client generates on specific settings.

This client has very low fps at most graphics settings.

Check here at the start of recording how many fps I have there, when the recording program eats the smallest fps values when the recording starts.

Well, I do not know what settings should be used on this client to get more fps, I will try other settings.

No, no, I didn't use vpn to connect to Brazil, only this Brazilian boter on the server asked me what ping I have, because he has 380.

Well, it's not exactly what you say when it comes to fps, because on many client servers with exactly the same client settings, fps differ significantly.

The size of the graphics icons also has a significant image
fps bandwidth.

For example, when I play on the realesta war server and I have 800: 600 graphics, if I do not run a recording program that eats up some fps, I get 270-300 fps.

When I used the same client settings and made 1980: 1020 graphics, my fps automatic would drop to around 140 -120 fps.

If I used the same settings on other the client connect to another client of the outcast 7.6 server, my fps value would be only 30-35.

So not entirely, it depends on the computer only on the bandwidth that a given client generates on specific settings.

This client has very low fps at most graphics settings.

Check here at the start of recording how many fps I have there, when the recording program eats the smallest fps values when the recording starts.

Well, I do not know what settings should be used on this client to get more fps, I will try other settings.
I'm not saying you used a VPN, but when I use a VPN from Brazil to Violet, I get 130ms. IF someone is getting 380~ ping it seems like the issue is their computer as something else is impacting the latency considerably.

Like I said, the FPS you can achieve depends on what is happening on screen and powered entirely by your local computer.

IF you have issues with FPS I suggest trying GL instead of DX or vice versa. This is just the OTCv8 client with edited UI. Other things you can try is limiting your FPS to 60, so it doesn't work harder than it needs to.

Even though my server starts on the same day, I'll go play anyway, I've been following this server for about a year, but I was discouraged by the number of players to start a longer adventure, I hope it will be different now, because I can see that there is a lot of interest in the server and a you make here very good job. Also see you at the start.

I'm not saying you used a VPN, but when I use a VPN from Brazil to Violet, I get 130ms. IF someone is getting 380~ ping it seems like the issue is their computer as something else is impacting the latency considerably.

Like I said, the FPS you can achieve depends on what is happening on screen and powered entirely by your local computer.

IF you have issues with FPS I suggest trying GL instead of DX or vice versa. This is just the OTCv8 client with edited UI. Other things you can try is limiting your FPS to 60, so it doesn't work harder than it needs to.
In general, in my opinion, for players from America you don't need to hosting server in America them, I remember when I used to play medivia, I had ping 38-42, and a guy from America had ping 22 on a server in Europe.

They have better internet there than people in Europe and in general it makes no sense to make hosting server on this continent.

Even though my server starts on the same day, I'll go play anyway, I've been following this server for about a year, but I was discouraged by the number of players to start a longer adventure, I hope it will be different now, because I can see that there is a lot of interest in the server and a you make here very good job. Also see you at the start.

Thank you. Sorry about thee clash, but happy to have you join us :D I've been wanting to launch here for a while now and I think we're finally ready.

If you've seen Nostalther before, you know we mean it when we say we're here for the long term. Nostalther Retro is still here, but this is a new launch of a low rate, hardcore and more serious 7.4 server.

I'll be online too, but I expect to be out leveled quickly 😅

In general, in my opinion, for players from America you don't need to hosting server in America them, I remember when I used to play medivia, I had ping 38-42, and a guy from America had ping 22 on a server in Europe.

They have better internet there than people in Europe and in general it makes no sense to make hosting server on this continent.

Your latency from point A to point B is purely based on distance. If you have a stable connection, your latency can only get so good. It doesn't matter how much bandwidth you have, the latency is dictated by distance.

Here's some statistics of the average latency you could expect from point A to point B. The only bad place would be to host it in Australia.
1662547421995.png

If the player was in New York and connecting to a server in Germany, the best possible latency would be around 80. Saying a player had a ping of 22 from the US to the UE I simply do not believe and would need to see it with my own eyes. Unless it's using a VPN and measuring only the latency from the VPNs exit point to the host.

Back