• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

War server without magic system?

Evan

A splendid one to behold
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Does anyone remember WarTorn back in 8.0 (maybe)?

It was basically a war server without any magic abilities, yes that means there are no mages.
There would only be archers and knights.

Items/weapons:
There will be objects used as items, supplies, and weapon needs.
These objects can be bought in the merchant shop in every map.
Since there are no monsters in the game, the only way to get money is by killing people (one frag = 1 gp).

This is a picture of a drunk dart (formerly bamboo stick).
While having a player targeted, you can use this drunk dart and it will get the target drunk.

q48tRZzWbg.png

Somebody needs a way to heal, right? Well, without using any magic, bandages could heal you.
There are 4 different kinds of bandages, each with their own strength of healing.
When you use one, it will start healing you in intervals, meaning it will heal you X health every second.

RhwvRV9xed.png

What if someone is a higher level than you, how are you supposed to catch up to him? Solution found!
In real life, if you eat a jalapeno pepper, you'll start feeling the burning and then the sudden reaction will start, you would be waving your hand over your mouth quickly.
Yeah, of course, eating them in real life doesn't make you faster, but it's the same point, if you eat them, you get the quick sudden reaction. So, eating them in the game will give you haste.

3TAbeTRa3d.png

If you mentioned someone in real life that has no knowledge of Tibia to use magic walls or wild growth to stop a robber, he/she would have no clue what you're talking about.
Just give them an analogy, in this case, tell them it's almost the same as a trap. You're trying to stop someone from moving.
I've implemented a trapper where if a player steps on it, he/she will be unable to move for a very short period of time. Remember, don't step in your own trap!

WqK0WQ15pP.png

I know without spells and runes, there isn't much to do when it comes to killing someone, I've been brainstorming and thinking of new ways to kill someone.
This is a familiar idea from both WarTorn and real life, it is a trip mine, or commonly known as C4.
You place the mine on the ground, use it and it will get buried until someone steps on it. When someone does, he/she will get severely damaged.
There is a tool to carefully dissemble the trip mine and lets you re-use it anywhere, but it won't be easy.

UuDfv6VDgD.png

Other ideas:
There are a few other things I have, however, there will be several more ideas that I need.
There just needs to be more ways to kill someone, don't worry, I will have them.

Character Progession:
There will be character progression, but in a certain way.
In this server, there is no saving levels whenever you want, I am using level bookmarking system.
So, for example, if a bookmark is at level 110 and you die at 109, you will go back to 100, but if you reach 110 and you die, you will go back to 110. Then there would be another bookmark around maybe 130.
Get the point? This is so it won't be TOO unbalanced.

Map:
I'm sure you're wondering how the map is. Well, it's going to be map rotations, so it won't be so boring to play the same map for countless of hours.
There will be map-based activities that you can use to cause destruction, for example, a ballista or switch-triggered doors.
Right now, I have 4 well-done war maps, I plan on adding more.

Teams:
Also, there will be teams that way you can team up more easily rather than constantly dying lonely by a large group of friends, yes, this means it will be balanced teaming.

I think that is all I have to share, I cannot guarantee when it will be done, I'm a busy man with 2 busy jobs, I usually tend to work on my server from time to time (I am alone too).
It will be hosted in the latest 0.4 revision, so that means, it will always be used in the latest Tibia client (in this case, right now it will be 9.1).
If this the wrong place, I apologize.

So my question to you all, is this something that would get a lot of interest from people?
I don't want to have to host this server and see only 1-2 people online everyday.
I'm open for suggestions and questions!

really nice, but sadly nowdays ppl only want 99999999999999999xp RL/evo server =/ but still a nice server

While it is true, it is unfortunate, but there is a possibility of change.
Why not take the chance?

Lol I didn't remember the name but i remember a server similiar to that, but it was pirate vs barbarian i guess i don't remember but they had also that pepper for speed and that paralyze trap thing.

It was awesome but hard to earn money and sadly enough not much players online i also remember both bases are protected by some kind of npc that shoots on the opponent

BUMP

I might bring this back and work on it some more.
Might turn it online for a few hours and see how it is.

Most likely will be 8.6

Back