• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ways to discourage botting?

Ispiro

Reaction score
Tibia is a pretty repetitive game. And I understand the urge to bot, I did lots of it myself. I was thinking of making an OTServ, but I don't want to put lots of effort in something people won't play but just come check on their bot every now and then. And forcing them to play this really boring and repetitive game is just sadistic =p

I've tried quite a few OTServers in the last couple weeks. All of them are either real map or fast leveling or both, all of which I don't mind, really. But the problem was that either all spawns are taken by botters and there's not nearly enough spawns for the population of the server, or players are botting 24/7 it's impossible to even compete, and you always end crapped on by them eventually. And those OTs that actually have a GM banning botters are usually empty, and that's no fun.

What could server owners do to make the game more fun to play and discourage botting(many of the servers I've tried, I don't think botting was even illegal)?

Take out the current vocation system and replace them with skill trees, miss and match armors, and different jobs that you can reach through a quest and/or level/stat reqs.

To discourage botters why not just make a system the randomly checks once per hour by requiring a player to talk in the help chat. Make it where the check lasts one minute and if they don't complete the check they are booted from the server automatically.

Take out the current vocation system and replace them with skill trees, miss and match armors, and different jobs that you can reach through a quest and/or level/stat reqs.

To discourage botters why not just make a system the randomly checks once per hour by requiring a player to talk in the help chat. Make it where the check lasts one minute and if they don't complete the check they are booted from the server automatically.

Then agian.. If add that = LOTS less players.

Changing names and ID's of runes and potions for example.

Go back to ur cave, U dont know what a bot is capable of. I can make my ElfBot afk from level 0 - 500 on rl tibia, Make it push a player from carlin to ab'dendriel, Make it kill everyone in an open battle running around sding them / ueing them at the perfect times.
--

@ONT Quests. Quests. AND MORE QUESTS. This is why most people play tibia.. To quest and battle

YOU NEED QUESTS (About 200 - 300 of them)

Then you will see ALOT players and ALOT less botters :)

Well you could easily put in anti-bot systems, change runes here and there but that doesnt change the fact that people WANT to bot... I suppose the main purpose with botting is to see progress and get you through things you DONT want to do. I'd say if you remove the boredom from the game, people wont need to bot.

So change concept, let it be a deathmatch server or just quest-only-no-grind... I'm not going to spoil every bit of creativity i have!

If you want to give incentives for people to play rather than bot then well...

Make a system similar to anti-bot, which asks a random question at times, and if answered gives the player a token that can be traded for various things (including EXP/levels).

Make so that party exp is an incredible boost, gives people the incentive to party and level together.

Introduce a new fun system like... Crafting or similar, where they can make their own armors and weapons using items they find lying around.

Have lots of in game GM trivia events, where you ask a question and if people answer you give them a reward.

Make GM PVP events and monster/leveling events.

Have fun functions like... Monster arenas and pvp battlegrounds that gives EXP/levels.

Make party vs party or TVT events with rewards.

Make script-controlled ever-changing huge mazes that gives EXP and gold reward when solved once (or more) a day.

Give people the feeling of adventure and being a part of the world you create, rather than just mindless grinding.

Look at WoW, L2, Aion... They all have grinding. But why do people play? Because they have more than just that. Battlegrounds, Crafting, TVT, Professions, Moneymaking, Exploring.

well war servers are fine.

and if u can get the enough money to pay the dedicated and a little % for u so what is bad with war servers? just dont make the donators so overpowered

Add script where if you don't press certain button within 30 seconds you get auto kick?!

30 seconds is enough to outlast any monster!

Make your server entertaining to the point where players won't want to bot.

Red

If you want to give incentives for people to play rather than bot then well...

Make a system similar to anti-bot, which asks a random question at times, and if answered gives the player a token that can be traded for various things (including EXP/levels).

Make so that party exp is an incredible boost, gives people the incentive to party and level together.

Introduce a new fun system like... Crafting or similar, where they can make their own armors and weapons using items they find lying around.

Have lots of in game GM trivia events, where you ask a question and if people answer you give them a reward.

Make GM PVP events and monster/leveling events.

Have fun functions like... Monster arenas and pvp battlegrounds that gives EXP/levels.

Make party vs party or TVT events with rewards.

Make script-controlled ever-changing huge mazes that gives EXP and gold reward when solved once (or more) a day.

Give people the feeling of adventure and being a part of the world you create, rather than just mindless grinding.

Look at WoW, L2, Aion... They all have grinding. But why do people play? Because they have more than just that. Battlegrounds, Crafting, TVT, Professions, Moneymaking, Exploring.

You do know, Once u master ElfBot (Like i have) Doing a script reading the numbers/text is a piece of cake. I even found a way to read the "FYI info" window

well war servers are fine.

and if u can get the enough money to pay the dedicated and a little % for u so what is bad with war servers? just dont make the donators so overpowered

?? I bot on war servers :/ Cavebot players

or just make a monster that cant be killed :p

Agian .. Bot BOT BOT! If attacking same creatue for more than XXX Amount of seconds = Move on to next...

Make your server entertaining to the point where players won't want to bot.

+1

FOCUS, on the god damn PVP system, if you succeed to balace that, then no other things will be problems.

I still say biggest thing is this.

You do know, Once u master ElfBot (Like i have) Doing a script reading the numbers/text is a piece of cake. I even found a way to read the "FYI info" window

?? I bot on war servers :/ Cavebot players

Agian .. Bot BOT BOT! If attacking same creatue for more than XXX Amount of seconds = Move on to next...

+1

DANG man giev script on elfbot man hard to do :/:/

Don't make it easy for me to make a bot for your server, and your server will be unbottable.

Make changes to the point where current bots will be nearly useless, basically. To where if I wanted to bot your server, I would need to re-do my entire bot.

Add 2 seconds to magic walls and tree walls.
Make timed spells last 20-30 seconds longer each, and maybe take more mana.
Change the spell system, exhaustion, and rune system to be less practical for manipulation, but still practical for playing. Make loot in monsters work differently,so auto looters don't stand a chance. Add perks and stuff to healing, such as quicker you heal after taking damage, less it does. However, if you wait a second and time it right, you get healing bonuses etc. (Say its supposed to be more realistic and rpg. You need a moment to gather your strengths to heal well.) Of course, systems like this require a lot of balancing, especially when a player is taking constant damage.

Many other ways, you just have to think them up. :)

easiest way to deal with cavebotters imo is to make it somewhat like WoW, make grinding inefficient while making quests more rewarding to a point so that a questing non-botter can compete with grinding cavebotters

Then agian.. If add that = LOTS less players.

Go back to ur cave, U dont know what a bot is capable of. I can make my ElfBot afk from level 0 - 500 on rl tibia, Make it push a player from carlin to ab'dendriel, Make it kill everyone in an open battle running around sding them / ueing them at the perfect times.
--

@ONT Quests. Quests. AND MORE QUESTS. This is why most people play tibia.. To quest and battle

YOU NEED QUESTS (About 200 - 300 of them)

Then you will see ALOT players and ALOT less botters :)

don't wanna be rude but that sounds boring XD, sounds like your bot plays for you 0.o

It's 100% impossible to stop all cheating, so don't attempt to do that. You could make a system with about 20 different checks that only check low stamina players or a long login time+hunting (repeat numbers, answer simple tibia question, repeat your vocation, 0.5 sec paralyze ect ect). If they reply in under 1 sec flag them as a bot, if they don't reply send another check and then notation+teleport to temple, but reward all players who successfully complete the check.

As for making players actually want to play your server, make a lot of quests and have a lot of pvp focused features.

make quests with exp rewards so say a long ass quest that takes a big team and takes an hour will give you like 10x as much exp as if you were botting for that one hour.

and for smalled quests that take like 10-15 mins that people can solo just give a reward that means the time was MUCH better spent in that quest than if they had been botting

Don't make it easy for me to make a bot for your server, and your server will be unbottable.

Make changes to the point where current bots will be nearly useless, basically. To where if I wanted to bot your server, I would need to re-do my entire bot.

Add 2 seconds to magic walls and tree walls.
Make timed spells last 20-30 seconds longer each, and maybe take more mana.
Change the spell system, exhaustion, and rune system to be less practical for manipulation, but still practical for playing. Make loot in monsters work differently,so auto looters don't stand a chance. Add perks and stuff to healing, such as quicker you heal after taking damage, less it does. However, if you wait a second and time it right, you get healing bonuses etc. (Say its supposed to be more realistic and rpg. You need a moment to gather your strengths to heal well.) Of course, systems like this require a lot of balancing, especially when a player is taking constant damage.

Many other ways, you just have to think them up. :)
It'll be harder for him then for you anyhow ;)

Back