• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What ever happen to war servers?

RenjiX

Reaction score
I remember back when people hosted OTs that had a login: acc/pass = 1/1 or 2/2 that would select a team for you and you chose a char that was not online already and fight on it. There would be numerous players doing this and if u killed a certain number of players you can create your own char. What ever happend to servers like that? They were the best to practice pvp and get used to hotkeys.

Well most of those existed back in the day before hotkeys.... Patserver being one of my favorites

There's still a couple popular ones with 100+ players but they mostly require accounts and are located in brazil.

OTs are about money now. You need to invest money before you even get your server online in order to have a stable amount of online players. Also server hosting used to be done on people's own pc. Nowadays you need a proper dedicated host to compete with other servers.

Warservers are not as profitable (or not profitable at all) as to compared with f.e. realmap servers. Thats why not many start a warserver these days. However if someone does want to make a proper warserver for the community, I'll be willing to sponsor the costs for hosting. Just shoot a PM

Oh I miss the days of the 7.4~7.72 world vs world servers where you'd logon with 1/1 or 2/2 to chose a world, and got to pick one of the names in the list. Everyone would be fighting over the highest mage/paladin and some would keep trying to logon to it hoping to get online once another person died on it.

Used to be a lot of fun and a great way to pracrice pvp.

Back