• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What happened to Open-Tibia?

I hope there are people that would be interested in playing a capture the flag server.
I remember back in the old days, it was all about CTF and nothing else.

EDIT:

Yes, I am currently working on one, should be a war server like no one has seen.

I was searching for one and all i found were offline ones :/ gl!!!

I've been around here since 2006+- these rants always come up and make it out that open tibia is about to end or something - 6 years on and it's still happening lol. I have noticed more 'donation' orientated servers of late but there has always been the issue of people downloading and running servers expecting them to get popular.

Why does everyone keep complaining about noobs asking questions? I'm sure all the famous otlanders were the same. I remember trying to search for things and searching the wrong keywords and posting about it and asking members. A lot of the times people ended up calling me an idiot/noob etc so not much has changed apart from the whole 'trolling' thing which means it's a lot more common. However a lot of the users are still very helpful.

Why such emphasis on the playercount making a server 'good' or 'popular' rather then the type of players it attracts?

Yes I do miss the CTF days though xD, 7.1~ OTS were so much fun.
However I think we need to stop dwelling on the past and the negative and do our best to enjoy doing projects regardless of the playercount and the jungle of flamers. Some people do this for what they believe is 'popularity', some for money, however the people that are doing it out of the love of it will be the ones that really succeed.

I've been around here since 2006+- these rants always come up and make it out that open tibia is about to end or something - 6 years on and it's still happening lol. I have noticed more 'donation' orientated servers of late but there has always been the issue of people downloading and running servers expecting them to get popular.

Why does everyone keep complaining about noobs asking questions? I'm sure all the famous otlanders were the same. I remember trying to search for things and searching the wrong keywords and posting about it and asking members. A lot of the times people ended up calling me an idiot/noob etc so not much has changed apart from the whole 'trolling' thing which means it's a lot more common. However a lot of the users are still very helpful.

Why such emphasis on the playercount making a server 'good' or 'popular' rather then the type of players it attracts?

Yes I do miss the CTF days though xD, 7.1~ OTS were so much fun.
However I think we need to stop dwelling on the past and the negative and do our best to enjoy doing projects regardless of the playercount and the jungle of flamers. Some people do this for what they believe is 'popularity', some for money, however the people that are doing it out of the love of it will be the ones that really succeed.

While i agree with you; especially about people asking questions. It's hard for people to look for anything besides player count since that really is the only reward from having a server. I think one good thing about donations is that it offers server owners a commission for maintaining and hosting a server. People are blowing the money out of proportion.. lol you might barely get enough to pay for your ded (if you pay for one) or even beer money.

However the sad part is, some owners cross the line on donations giving donators the ability to obtain items/advantages non-donors can't obtain. I don't have an issue with a server you can buy boots of haste through donations; just make it so eventually i can obtain the item without donating.

However the sad part is, some owners cross the line on donations giving donators the ability to obtain items/advantages non-donors can't obtain. I don't have an issue with a server you can buy boots of haste through donations; just make it so eventually i can obtain the item without donating.
imo, this is how donations should be, give donators quicker/faster access to something that free players can also get

Kiwi Dan, I know what you mean about noobs asking questions, I've been there before in 2005 on OtFans.
However, I am criticizing those that put absolutely no effort into trying.

For example: http://otland.net/f16/help-thing-my-server-164178/
He says he set up a server and all that, yet he can't do the simplest things, even for a very new beginner, hell you can even find all of those things using search.
It's just telling me that he is just putting up a real map server to collect money.

Kiwi Dan, I know what you mean about noobs asking questions, I've been there before in 2005 on OtFans.
However, I am criticizing those that put absolutely no effort into trying.

For example: http://otland.net/f16/help-thing-my-server-164178/
He says he set up a server and all that, yet he can't do the simplest things, even for a very new beginner, hell you can even find all of those things using search.
It's just telling me that he is just putting up a real map server to collect money.
Exactly, or this for example: http://otland.net/f132/staff-room-164180/

I don't mind helping people, as long as I see that they did some effort, which both of these examples never did, I mean the one I mentioned doesn't even know how to add a script to the server, its pitiful -.-'

Ahh I see where you guys are coming from. People expect everything to be spoonfed to them. Perhaps instead of telling the noobs exactly what to do we should recommend them searching for a specific keyword or redirect them to tutorials or websites on lua/xml. Otherwise they will keep asking you to do exactly what they want rather then them learning to do it for themselves.
That then comes down to it not being the noobs faults, rather the ones giving them the information.

The saying goes give a man a fish fed him for a day, teach the man to fish feed him for a lifetime.

I don't mind helping people, as long as I see that they did some effort

2vuzmnp.png

I totally agree man, these are the cancerous people spoken of - they probably have a friend with experience who helped them download a server pack, now they're starting to touch stuff around it that they know nothing about, and when they asked their friend, he probably replied "ask on the forum". (kinda seen this exact thing happen multiple times with my own friends)

If you don't know how to make a simple movement script that requires MAX 5 lines of code, you don't deserve to be touching anything about OTs. Instead of spoonfeeding him, someone should've given him this location: serverfolder/doc/LUA_FUNCTIONS.txt, and a link to the simplest tutorial of LUA scripting, and let him figure it out himself, but it's too late for that I guess.

My point is; we, the more experienced part of community, should be guides and tutors to those who need help but are willing to learn. On the other hand, those that do not wish to learn, do not deserve our help. I'll always help someone who I see already has a server, team, made some other contributions, or even just has decent grammar and writing form. However, when I see someone whose post has 18 words, ends with "Thx", and asks for a 5 line script, it makes me want to abandon this planet. The thing that bothers me even more are those tryhards that will help anyone when having such easy opportunities, just to get rep+. Even though I appreciate all goodwilled people who are helping, for the sake of lord, do it in the form of guidance as I already mentioned - that way you're not helping the sole person who requested, but helping all of this community. 2 flies with 1 swat right there.

you all say real maps sucks or high exp sucks. but i never seen a serious and good rpg server and actually enjoyed it since kingdom age and thanatos if you know about them also lordaeron was good.
that's how the world works people see they can do nothing and make some cash out of it they will do it. people play rl maps and high exp because they are actually fun and don't say that they are not fun because you can check the amount of players that play real maps. now if you want to change this you gotta do something about it try making a very pro custom ot and i'm sure alot of people will join it if it's not boring ofcourse
but you can't just talk and think that this will change, it will never change aslong as people enjoy playing rl maps and high exp ots. i personally want to play custom ots but i don't see any out there that are actually pro
but i love tibia and i want to play it so i go to rl maps and high exp. because those are the only ones out there, kingdom age was a custom ot it was amazing and they had 100+ players when it was first online if it were remained open it would have more i'm sure of it. so if you want you can try something like it and steal the rl maps and high exp players back. do something amazing that when someone logs in he will say WOW how da fuck did they do this server? that's it.

@update:
all of you who say that people develop a custom ot for years and no one plays it you talk shit. all the ots that has been developed for along time got a fare amount of players. kingdom age
lordaeron was almost fully custom how many players they got? more then 200+ average. don't give hope on custom ots yet.

Last edited:
you all say real maps sucks or high exp sucks. but i never seen a serious and good rpg server and actually enjoyed it since kingdom age and thanatos if you know about them also lordaeron was good.
that's how the world works people see they can do nothing and make some cash out of it they will do it. people play rl maps and high exp because they are actually fun and don't say that they are not fun because you can check the amount of players that play real maps. now if you want to change this you gotta do something about it try making a very pro custom ot and i'm sure alot of people will join it if it's not boring ofcourse
but you can't just talk and think that this will change, it will never change aslong as people enjoy playing rl maps and high exp ots. i personally want to play custom ots but i don't see any out there that are actually pro
but i love tibia and i want to play it so i go to rl maps and high exp. because those are the only ones out there, kingdom age was a custom ot it was amazing and they had 100+ players when it was first online if it were remained open it would have more i'm sure of it. so if you want you can try something like it and steal the rl maps and high exp players back. do something amazing that when someone logs in he will say WOW how da fuck did they do this server? that's it.

You're not making a real valid point there. May I say that 90% of RL map players who are used to Hi -> Yalahar -> Level 120 -> GO PK, do not want to be bothered by the customness, learning new game systems/new mechanics/vocations, etc. They'd rather stick to the rotten rl map. And high exp players well... they want teleports and HIGH EXP, whom are mostly not a feature of any RPG server. So good luck trying to satisfy such players with a custom server.

ok mabye u can call me of thoes kids but at least hear my point of view:
i dont knw much but old days as i only played rl tibia then i started ot in 8.54 so a question why we play ots?
for fun for much easier lvl for sake of loving pks i dont knw what is ot suppose to be made like but i see taht most of OLD ot were good ( and yeah i dont play new ots just the new one of 8.6+ for same proplem of money) complain so insate of can some one tell me if i wana about make a good ot what i suppose to make? if i made an own full map made by hand no one will like it.
also rl tibia by itself made the rl game shit with the new update because they also look for cash so dont blame us(kids) blame cipsoft who turn best 2d game into shit by his greed.

ps: iam very very sad to lose best mapper i enjoy to see his project neon
and sorry for bad english

Wether or not you quit making maps there are more to replace you, your not some god. You made good maps I can agree with that but your distaste for open tibia shouldn't make you come on here and insult everyone that runs a server or asks for help, trolling imo.. I have a personal mapper that can out map you in a second and he has proved his worth already. ;p I expect to get flamed but you know what... I don't give a shit less nobody is superior we are all the same like or lump it, if you don't like open tibia then MOVE ON!

ps: iam very very sad to lose best mapper i enjoy to see his project neon
and sorry for bad english
E7 is still alive if that is the project you're referring to. I am currently working on it solo.

Wether or not you quit making maps there are more to replace you, your not some god. You made good maps I can agree with that but your distaste for open tibia shouldn't make you come on here and insult everyone that runs a server or asks for help, trolling imo.. I have a personal mapper that can out map you in a second and he has proved his worth already. ;p I expect to get flamed but you know what... I don't give a shit less nobody is superior we are all the same like or lump it, if you don't like open tibia then MOVE ON!

I'm a god :(

I am THE GOD bitches :<... that's what my mum told me :<

Sometimes i wish there was a dislike button on threads kinda like on YouTube, seems one sided to be only able to force a compliment not a criticism but if there was one i def give this thread 4 thumbs down!

Sometimes i wish there was a dislike button on threads kinda like on YouTube, seems one sided to be only able to force a compliment not a criticism but if there was one i def give this thread 4 thumbs down!

Why, it is stating peoples opinions on it. You should thumb it up for them expressing their concerns.

Open tibia died when the combination of !aol, !bless, Trainers and donations entered it.
People became lazy, wanted something for nothing and became greedy with donations.

There are servers being developed and yes only 5% custom rpg servers make it. But some of us are doing our best to help that. I am personally involved with 3 rpg projects and teaching 2 members of this community to map. What are you doing for the community that is so great?

Last edited:
nothing you said anything todo with wanting a dislike button... Imma peace out of this thread cause i have work todo on my own server, Not that neon cares but not everyone's a download and runner and we got jobs todo! 9.60 AHOY!

Back