• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What has the drop in OT Players been?

• Thread starter Deleted member 49793
  • Start date
I try to do the same, but there is just nothing to play. Player count and rich content are two main factors for me. I don't care if it is rpg or tp server, if it's fun, I'll give it a go. But most become boring in a day or two.

That's why im creating a OWN OT "Highexp", I'll do my best to make good/funny server, so ppls dont get bored after sometimes. ^^

EDIT: I hope there will be some nice servers soon :p

That's why im creating a OWN OT "Highexp", I'll do my best to make good/funny server, so ppls dont get bored after sometimes. ^^

EDIT: I hope there will be some nice servers soon :p
Same. Check my signature if interested.

I love evolution that's all i can say. ^___^

I can tell you one thing, my OT is a evolution server :p

Same. Check my signature if interested.

Alredy did looks good, but im not a fan of 10.++, but I will try it for sure

I love evolution that's all i can say. ^___^

I can tell you one good thing, my server will be a evolution server :p

Edit: Sorry for double POST, had a bug no idea xD

Last edited by a moderator:
There's not good RPG servers like it used to be, I remember most of the servers back in 2012~ most of them were fully custom, since there was a "phase" that most people tried to make their own servers with custom features and new stuff people couldn't think about. So yeah, Imo there's not good RPG servers released atm, but I can say once Necronia, Ascalon, Demetry get released.. You will see 200+ people playing them, those projects does spent time working on them and making perfection of a server.

PS. There's few servers atm and most of them are RL or tp shit, so we gotta play them since there's nothing else.

Greetings, Liro.

There's not good RPG servers like it used to be, I remember most of the servers back in 2012~ most of them were fully custom, since there was a "phase" that most people tried to make their own servers with custom features and new stuff people couldn't think about. So yeah, Imo there's not good RPG servers released atm, but I can say once Necronia, Ascalon, Demetry get released.. You will see 200+ people playing them, those projects does spent time working on them and making perfection of a server.

im sure necronia will get more than 200 players :p

Alredy did looks good, but im not a fan of 10.++, but I will try it for sure

I can tell you one good thing, my server will be a evolution server :p

Edit: Sorry for double POST, had a bug no idea xD
But i'm not a fan of 8.60 anymore. ;P

PS. There's few servers atm and most of them are RL or tp shit, so we gotta play them since there's nothing else.

Greetings, Liro.
Necronia has potential for 10000+ players if they keep up the pace and loose all the copyrighted sprites.

Last edited:
its because everyone makes a low exp server there are barely any highexp servers (that are not copied or is not a custom server) these days in the back there used to be hundreds of decent highexp servers now the highexp servers there arent that decent anymore and everyone makes a rl map which we already have tibia -.- and with low exp... here we go agian rl tibia already got it but we have some alright custom servers but they should turn into highexp it would be lots better if it was higher exp (just my opinion not to offend anyone)

The guys from otservlist.org are taking too much advantage of the OT community, even when I managed to host a server where I had 400+ players online I keept getting banned from the list for no reason. This caused me to lose the money I had paid them for advertiment, not to mention that their adverstiment is way too expensive, but they are running around 4 servers themselfs and they have full adverstiment on everyone of these.. so idk that kind of things make the ot community suck, they are basically sucking all the money and players using their website.

I managed to host a server where I had 400+ players online I keept getting banned from the list for no reason.
Sad but true, otservlist has anti spoof that seems to only hurt legit servers. The main problem is that Xinn has to manually verify that your server is not spoofing and most of the time his response time is extremely slow which can hurt your server pretty bad. I am glad he doesn't just let servers go buck wild spoofing players but at the same time, I wish there was a better solution to the problem.

@topic
Tibia is an old game with an old fanbase and as people get older and stop playing, the population goes down because there aren't many people coming back into the community. Aside from making our own game out of open tibia and trying to get people interested in a 2d tibia clone, all we can do is hope that cipsoft gets their shit together and gets back in the game which will in turn leak players over into the OT community once again.

Sad but true, otservlist has anti spoof that seems to only hurt legit servers. The main problem is that Xinn has to manually verify that your server is not spoofing and most of the time his response time is extremely slow which can hurt your server pretty bad. I am glad he doesn't just let servers go buck wild spoofing players but at the same time, I wish there was a better solution to the problem.

@topic
Tibia is an old game with an old fanbase and as people get older and stop playing, the population goes down because there aren't many people coming back into the community. Aside from making our own game out of open tibia and trying to get people interested in a 2d tibia clone, all we can do is hope that cipsoft gets their shit together and gets back in the game which will in turn leak players over into the OT community once again.

Or lets not wait for tibia and make better 2D game than tibia?
I have already started working on it. Care to join?

The guys from otservlist.org are taking too much advantage of the OT community, even when I managed to host a server where I had 400+ players online I keept getting banned from the list for no reason. This caused me to lose the money I had paid them for advertiment, not to mention that their adverstiment is way too expensive, but they are running around 4 servers themselfs and they have full adverstiment on everyone of these.. so idk that kind of things make the ot community suck, they are basically sucking all the money and players using their website.

Definitely. And the only way to actually get a decent amount of players for some new upcoming server these days seems to be buying the otservlist advertisements, which will easily give you 100+ players at start which will just snowball into even more players and that absolutely fucks with owners that aren't willing to spend so much money on advertisement since their projects will fail just because they didn't invest into advertisement.

Xinn probably makes the most money in the ot community, there's practically always someone having countdown on otservlist which gives him 90euro/day, and all of the other advertisements too which are quite expensive. And then there's his servers which always has around 500+ players which has to generate a alot of money too. And meanwhile we have @Mark and all the other tfs developers basically working for free and with xinn making sick profit out of it

Last edited:
Definitely. And the only way to actually get a decent amount of players for some new upcoming server these days seems to be buying the otservlist advertisements, which will easily give you 100+ players at start which will just snowball into even more players and that absolutely fucks with owners that aren't willing to spend so much money on advertisement since their projects will fail just because they didn't invest into advertisement.

Xinn probably makes the most money in the ot community, there's practically always someone having countdown on otservlist which gives him 90euro/day, and all of the other advertisements too which are quite expensive. And then there's his servers which always has around 500+ players which has to generate a alot of money too. And meanwhile we have @Mark and all the other tfs developers basically working for free and with xinn making sick profit out of it
Yet again we have enough talents in community who could make a single client what works with all clients and lists all the possible servers within that client.
Sadly most of the time each individual is doing his own thing.
At this tempo TFS team eventually slams down a server which will surpass everyone. Atm they simply making core and let everyone test and improve it.

OTs are cash cows.
They're inherently killing themselves.

OTs are cash cows.
They're inherently killing themselves.
All games are cash cows, all things are cash cows, are services done by humans and most animals are cash cows, are products designed are made for cash, and all services provided are made for cash.

I'm sorry but money runs the world, and if you don't have money, you can go die, and no one will care about you at all.
Stop saying people making money is a bad thing.
  1. If an OT comes out, and they have a donation shop, and someone buys a donation, and they give it to them. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT NO MATTER WHAT THE DONATION ITEM IS OR WHAT IT DOES.
  2. If an OT comes out, and they have a donation shop, and someone buys a donation, and they get nothing (when it says you should get something). THEN you can complain.
Most jackasses on here are complaining about #1. Guess fucking what? You could see the fucking donations before you started the server. It was your choice to play, you weren't cheated, they are selling a service and some people decide to pay for premium items or access. If you don't like it. Don't fucking play. Simple.

Anyone that wants to complain about legitimate business practices (even if they ruin their own servers that might otherwise be good) can go suck a dick, then shove it right up your ass. I am so fucking tired of you children being mad that maybe people want to make some money. Guess what? Everyone wants to make some money. Even you, the complaining assholes. Would you like to make some money while doing something you enjoy? Of course you would, and if you say "no I would rather do it for free" you are lying and once again. Suck a cock and shove it up your ass.

All games are cash cows, all things are cash cows, are services done by humans and most animals are cash cows, are products designed are made for cash, and all services provided are made for cash.

I'm sorry but money runs the world, and if you don't have money, you can go die, and no one will care about you at all.
Stop saying people making money is a bad thing.
  1. If an OT comes out, and they have a donation shop, and someone buys a donation, and they give it to them. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT NO MATTER WHAT THE DONATION ITEM IS OR WHAT IT DOES.
  2. If an OT comes out, and they have a donation shop, and someone buys a donation, and they get nothing (when it says you should get something). THEN you can complain.
Most jackasses on here are complaining about #1. Guess fucking what? You could see the fucking donations before you started the server. It was your choice to play, you weren't cheated, they are selling a service and some people decide to pay for premium items or access. If you don't like it. Don't fucking play. Simple.

Anyone that wants to complain about legitimate business practices (even if they ruin their own servers that might otherwise be good) can go suck a dick, then shove it right up your ass. I am so fucking tired of you children being mad that maybe people want to make some money. Guess what? Everyone wants to make some money. Even you, the complaining assholes. Would you like to make some money while doing something you enjoy? Of course you would, and if you say "no I would rather do it for free" you are lying and once again. Suck a cock and shove it up your ass.

The aggression is unnecessary, child.
You're looking at it from a developer perspective and that perspective of yours looks jaded as fk.
From a player perspective, the monetization structure in OTs is shithouse.

Your comment is actually quite a good bit of insight into why the playerbase is dying;
Creators just aren't in this game for the right reasons.

Back