• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Wow private server income.

R

Rozinx

I was talking to a friend who claimed his cousin had a 10k Usd montlhy income for some months.
I was like, what the hell, I don't believe that.
What do you know about that?

Anyways, I hate wow >.>

oh ye, Molten-Wow & ScapeGaming earned alot (When Scapegaming was TBC , because now its fail :p)

so ye, u earn alot with wow serv :p

Well, you CAN earn upto like 1k EUR per day. But you'll have a hard time getting players to your download and run servers, and people won't pay money on them. If you want income you got to do a hell lot of manual unique fixes, and have somewhat 20-30 GMs, it's like if they send a ticket and it's not answered almost instantly they leave you, there are ALWAYS a better server around.

I see. Well I was planning on making on for fun.
Hardware aspects recommended?

(No donations, only votes, I just wanna have a taste)

1GB ram and any dual core CPU. The cores are ALOT better then TFS and otserv, and use very little memory, but the calculations are more CPU demanding, and calculate with atleast 256kbit / s PER player. (i.e 400 player on 100mbit).

Hmm, nice.
I've got enough for 4k players.
So, prefered engine (This is the last question)
Once you answer I'll put it online and start fixing some stuff, then if you'd like to join once it's ready, I'll pm you with the ip.

All I can say is, stay under the radar! I watched the fall of Wowscape/scapegaming. Peyton (owner of that server, long long story) just couldn't keep the drama away from her. It is said that she made over $1,000,000 USD in the time that it was up. And I've seen logs to prove it!

All I'm saying is, you start making money, don't tell people. Keep it quiet. You will need to find a way to have donation GMs that do not have access to how much you are making. Because people WILL get jealous, and they'll backstab you the moment they have a chance.

Also, if you have a team of developers, which is how the big servers succeed, don't be greedy with them. Pay the devs for their work, it'll pay off in the end.

Just my advice!

Well I don't really think it will be big, don't think I'll even need donations, cause my dedi has plenty of free space available.
If it keeps growing, I'll probably need em.
Thanks for the info guys.

Just dunno which one I'll be using , could be either Mangos or ArcEmu

EDIT - LMFAO , I've heard about that girl Peyton.
She's bought a treadmill with donators money
lmfao.

Blizzard have taken down several servers hosted in Netherland, US and Germany. One of them got to pay like 6 million USD (Grinder), and other servers like Anti-WoW, ChaosCrusade, WoWGasm and Toxic had to pay their price too.

In the WoW world It's NOT legal to have a server as you got to copy files from the original client, nor connect to one as you violate the EULA.

If you get caught by blizzard you'll most likely get sued for more then you can ever imagine to earn from the server.

Blizzard have taken down several servers hosted in Netherland, US and Germany. One of them got to pay like 6 million USD (Grinder), and other servers like Anti-WoW, ChaosCrusade, WoWGasm and Toxic had to pay their price too.

In the WoW world It's NOT legal to have a server as you got to copy files from the original client, nor connect to one as you violate the EULA.

If you get caught by blizzard you'll most likely get sued for more then you can ever imagine to earn from the server.

yup thats right :=)

Would be kinda hard to find me.
Since I host it at the US and I'm from brazil.

You know what happend in Netherland with like 20 servers? Blizzard made the HOSTING company shut them down. I dobt it's hard for them to bring down US servers as they got their own section of DCMA.

And, they are known for sending treat mails to even small servers.

Yeah But I ment that they're earning money so fast and so much from these things..

Back