• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot ( The Restoration Project)

Because 9.60 servers don't even have as many functions as the 8.60 does (and by functions I'm talking about the game engine, not the actually client)

I remember using the ninja with a cold smasher I think it was called. But either way, that was pretty devastating.

Edron town revamp is completely done (added some new houses, the town in general, and added NPCs: Promotion NPC, as well as Lord Sefaris (sells the new utility spells)) Going to show screen shots in a bit

Looking forward to those screens :D.

Show us a little bit more than edron if possible.. I'd love to see how everything turned out on 8.6 (higher level zones and stuff)

Looking forward to those screens :D.

Show us a little bit more than edron if possible.. I'd love to see how everything turned out on 8.6 (higher level zones and stuff)

Except none of that is even done yet lol.. and literally none of the old item look types even changed

Weren't changes going to be mostly source edits? And that the only reason the server wasn't released was because you couldn't decide where to host it?

These are just some quick things I want to confirm and suggest:

1. Will the tier 1 chest placements be where they were in the original spots?
2. Will the NPC Chuck Norris be making a return with his funny statements?
3. Is the ranger vocation coming back?

I don't remember what this was, but it was south of the depot in enigma town, and it was just a bunch of anvils all leading to a teleporter. I never got to ever see what was inside of those teleporters, but hopefully I'll find out when this server is released. Also, I was really looking forward to a beta.

Any updates/news?

I don't remember what this was, but it was south of the depot in enigma town, and it was just a bunch of anvils all leading to a teleporter. I never got to ever see what was inside of those teleporters, but hopefully I'll find out when this server is released. Also, I was really looking forward to a beta.

Any updates/news?
It was a defend the castle type event. The winning guild got the GH in the temple which had 1x of each basic boss spawn in it.

Because 9.60 servers don't even have as many functions as the 8.60 does (and by functions I'm talking about the game engine, not the actually client)
Any server past evos has every function evo has plus more. I guess your using TFS 0.3 series, You could easily be using TFS 0.2 series which goes up to client version 9.6X be able to implement everything deathzot had and still more functions then you will ever use.

I rarely play OTS anymore but when I do I personally dont play anything under the latest client. Im sure there are more people like me out there.

Any updates/news?

1. Some will be in the same spots, some will be in different areas since like I've said like 100 times spawns are being revamped
2. Yes
3. 'coming back'? I don't understand this question, why wouldn't the Ranger vocation be in the server?

4. It was the castle event

5. I update this thread every time something is done, I don't see how people can expect 100x updates a day. I'm a single person working on this project, which is being built from literally ground up. Every single script had to be re-done, which was over 100 (between the boss scrolls, item merging, equipment clicking, all the teleportation items, mining system, passage doors, first item scripts, not to mention I had to re-do items.xml which was over 200 items along with NPCs etc..)

When you see people working on projects usually they are teams of 4-6 + people, I'm one person. So I dont understand when people are constantly asking for updates when I tell you guys everything that has been done so far aswell as what I'm working on.

It was a defend the castle type event. The winning guild got the GH in the temple which had 1x of each basic boss spawn in it.

Any server past evos has every function evo has plus more. I guess your using TFS 0.3 series, You could easily be using TFS 0.2 series which goes up to client version 9.6X be able to implement everything deathzot had and still more functions then you will ever use.

I rarely play OTS anymore but when I do I personally dont play anything under the latest client. Im sure there are more people like me out there.

Actually I'm using 0.4 and the revision I'm using has functions I need for deathzot to work, and 0.2 doesn't support a lot of that. Also as of right now, 8.60 is the most popular distro and most 9.60 servers are failing. People use higher clients because they want to just host real maps. There would be absolutely no point in me ever using a higher client then 8.60 because I have no use for anything that was added. I could care less what client I use for DeathZot because client doesn't matter essentially, people played it when it was 8.0 and some still would. I will never update DeathZot past 8.60 which is why I decided to use it. If I used 9.60 eventually people would just stop playing it because I wouldn't update the client. 8.60 is a good client because it's the most popular one there is, and has everything I would ever need for a server.

1. Some will be in the same spots, some will be in different areas since like I've said like 100 times spawns are being revamped
2. Yes
3. 'coming back'? I don't understand this question, why wouldn't the Ranger vocation be in the server?

5. I update this thread every time something is done, I don't see how people can expect 100x updates a day. I'm a single person working on this project, which is being built from literally ground up. Every single script had to be re-done, which was over 100 (between the boss scrolls, item merging, equipment clicking, all the teleportation items, mining system, passage doors, first item scripts, not to mention I had to re-do items.xml which was over 200 items along with NPCs etc..)

When you see people working on projects usually they are teams of 4-6 + people, I'm one person. So I dont understand when people are constantly asking for updates when I tell you guys everything that has been done so far aswell as what I'm working on.

Actually I'm using 0.4 and the revision I'm using has functions I need for deathzot to work, and 0.2 doesn't support a lot of that. Also as of right now, 8.60 is the most popular distro and most 9.60 servers are failing. People use higher clients because they want to just host real maps. There would be absolutely no point in me ever using a higher client then 8.60 because I have no use for anything that was added. I could care less what client I use for DeathZot because client doesn't matter essentially, people played it when it was 8.0 and some still would. I will never update DeathZot past 8.60 which is why I decided to use it. If I used 9.60 eventually people would just stop playing it because I wouldn't update the client. 8.60 is a good client because it's the most popular one there is, and has everything I would ever need for a server.

LOL Cut the bullshit mate, the only reason 8.6 is the most popular is due to how easily accessible Elf Bot is, nothing more, nothing less.

The higher client verisons, and the corresponding 0.4 revs only give you more options to work with, not less. There just isn't a easily available free bot for clients after 8.6 (people don't like to use Tibia Auto).

And it's fine to keep it 8.6, just don't mess around about the reason for it.

Even if the 8.6 client has became popular due to the elfbot crack, that aint a problem on this server as mentioned before, he literally wrote that legit players will have more advantages over botters EQ wise, etc..

Aint got much knowledge regarding Deathzot, but if he claims that it wont be a problem, why bitch about the client?

LOL Cut the bullshit mate, the only reason 8.6 is the most popular is due to how easily accessible Elf Bot is, nothing more, nothing less.

The higher client verisons, and the corresponding 0.4 revs only give you more options to work with, not less. There just isn't a easily available free bot for clients after 8.6 (people don't like to use Tibia Auto).

And it's fine to keep it 8.6, just don't mess around about the reason for it.

The 0.4 revs for 9.6 are shit :D And no one plays 9.60, and I'm not going to be updating this server's client anyways. It's not my fault 8.60 is the most popular client, but that's just how it is.

2. Yes

The ranger coming back question was a question due to the first post on the thread. You stated there was five custom vocations (I understand now ranger is just paladin) and I always considered ranger to be of those custom vocs. Sorry for that.

5. Just excited, that's all.

Alright so I've thought about the weapon system a lot over the last days and I've decided that I'm going to keep the idea of rangers being able to make their ammunition. Also, I've asked a few people about their opinion on the old ammunition system in terms of rangers ammunition dealing AoE damage and some people liked it and some did not, so I've put some thought into it and came up with a cool idea on how I'm going to change rangers.

Rangers will still be allowed to make ammunition at certain levels, however instead of getting one ammunition type they now get 2. When rangers advance to the level of a new ammunition they will get a bolt & arrow. Bolts will deal AoE damage, and arrows will deal single target damage. Arrows will have 10% more damage because they are single target, and bolts have been changed to be a consistent area of effect damage, from the old one that was just a random design. Levels for ammunition will be: 100, 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, 3000, 4000 etc. However, there will now be new crossbows & bows that will be tiered. The better bows & crossbows will give; the ability to use shields (one handed) as well as magic damage %. This way rangers don't just have a free ride and never have to worry about getting their weapons, because rangers always had an advantage over everyone.

Let me know what you guys think.

Back