• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot ( The Restoration Project)

Bolts will deal AoE damage, and arrows will deal single target damage. Arrows will have 10% more damage because they are single target, and bolts have been changed to be a consistent area of effect damage, from the old one that was just a random design.

I think it makes more sense that bolts are the single target and arrows do the area of effect damage, E.G I cant imagine a piercing bolt bursting into flames.

Jup, Indeed funny how all the criticizing posts got deleted aswell as mine regardin ur bs sometimes ^^ Though prolly went off topic 2 much, dont ya think? ^.-

No, he doesn't think at all. Not even before he clicks 'post quick reply'.

At any rate, I'm hoping that the donations won't ruin this.

I don't think you should worry about that, I just want it online! :-D

Jup, Indeed funny how all the criticizing posts got deleted aswell as mine regardin ur bs sometimes ^^ Though prolly went off topic 2 much, dont ya think? ^.-
No, my posts were referring to the server and its maker. More specifically, the stupid decision of going 8.6 and then hiding the excuse that it's purely for botting. Which is related to the server, so I don't see how it's offtopic.

Have donations ever ruined DeathZot in the past?
Donations have ruined multiple servers in the past. Just because this one is based off Deathzot doesn't mean it can't happen.

Have donations ever ruined DeathZot in the past?

Well, there's one donation I don't want people to ever get their hands on by spending money ever again.

The candies that Death made for the server, I think it was 1$ for 100 candies which = 100 levels. Please don't let this be a donation. That combined with T5 armor donation = overpowered character that was only used for 5 minutes before donating to become a god.

Well, there's one donation I don't want people to ever get their hands on by spending money ever again.

The candies that Death made for the server, I think it was 1$ for 100 candies which = 100 levels. Please don't let this be a donation. That combined with T5 armor donation = overpowered character that was only used for 5 minutes before donating to become a god.

Candies are still a donation option because there is a level cap on them anyways. You also cant donate for T5 anymore so that won't be a problem, and theres no point in being like level 4000 if you don't have the gear to back you up. A level 1000 can solo a level 4000 if they have better gear :p and if you work for your levels you would have obtained better items anyways.

Candies are still a donation option because there is a level cap on them anyways. You also cant donate for T5 anymore so that won't be a problem, and theres no point in being like level 4000 if you don't have the gear to back you up. A level 1000 can solo a level 4000 if they have better gear :p and if you work for your levels you would have obtained better items anyways.

I'm glad that t5 isn't a donation item anymore.

I am checking this thread often on my phone :p

Due to the experience rates dropping, will the scrolls xp be dropped too?

nope they will remain the same since they actually don't scale with player level and maintain a static experience reward throughout the game

Edron is now completely finished (quests, npcs, depot, hunting spawns. etc) and suits hunting until level 500, I'v revamped the entire spawns and now when you leaving north Edron there are clear walkways indicating where to hunt. I've also added a new spawn to the top of Edron that has Evolved Diabolic Imps.

Edron is now completely finished (quests, npcs, depot, hunting spawns. etc) and suits hunting until level 500, I'v revamped the entire spawns and now when you leaving north Edron there are clear walkways indicating where to hunt. I've also added a new spawn to the top of Edron that has Evolved Diabolic Imps.

So at this point the server is at 25% of restoration? I'm not sure what else you have finished besides the stuff you posted in this thread. That August 20th release date seems way to early now. The progress is good, though. I'm thinking that this will take another month for release, right?

So at this point the server is at 25% of restoration? I'm not sure what else you have finished besides the stuff you posted in this thread. That August 20th release date seems way to early now. The progress is good, though. I'm thinking that this will take another month for release, right?

Probably not, and since a lot of people who don't understand what it's like to build a server from ground up let me explain why it's taking longer then some would hope.

First I had to re-do the server items, this includes renaming, adding attributes, and re-doing over 200 + items. You then have to add them to movements to make them all work, and then you have to set level requirements and vocation requirements.
Then, I had to add the spells from the old deathzot, while there wasn't a crazy ton, there still was a decent amount, and of course non of the spells translated 100%, so I had to figure out the formula change from the evo distro to the one I'm using, and then apply the changes.
Then, all the actions script had to be re-done, some of them include; mining system, clicking runic items, using star stone lever, all of the teleportation items, exp scrolls, candys, rune merging, adding an anti-dupe system, the boss essences, and more
Then NPC's had to be done, and theres about 20 of them
Then monsters! Since I couldnt just copy the 8.0 monsters over, I had to re-do about 75 monster files and their loot according to the server, and adjusting all of their attacks because they once again changed in the new server
I had to re-do every single weapon script and find a new forumla to work with because they didn't work properly
I had to make sure all of the magic damage was working properly with items
Had add all of the vocations, proper soul regen and balance the mana & health regens
Had to get attack speed to even work like it did in 8.0
Had to re-do the quests because they didn't work
Had to make a new script for all the hidden passage doors

And the list goes on

So there's just a small list of what I did that I didn't mention was done, because no one really understands how long it takes to do, especially when you're a single person trying to properly restore & convert a server that took months to develop. Just because I'm saying I'm done with Edron doesn't mean I've accomplished nothing, a lot (and the majority of the core gameplay) is already done. Whats left to do now is adding spawns, which I'm currently working on. That doesn't mean it will take another full month to complete, but alls I can say is it's getting close.

I would like to see the castle siege war systems reworked a bit so they are automated, would be cool.
Would like to see the revoc system spruced a bit, since so many others have stolen the base idea and improved upon it calling it their own, it now pales in comparison...zzz

Anyhow just checking in, seems like a fight :/ This is why I start from scratch each time. And generate an outline to build up from. But you are getting there :)

Kavalor, if you're the real admin death, who's Crip Killa then? lol

Anyway, thats a huge list lol you do you even know every exact formula n all that shit? ;o Wouldnt see u bein able to create deathzot from a scratch if you'v ejust been there as a normal player? ;o

Back