• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A totally custom OTs?

ghettobird

LUA newbie
Reaction score
Hello OTland, so I made a poll to see what type of server you guys would like, I got inspired by another thread which was asking about storyline(s), so I have to ask a few more questions :)

First of all, the server would consist of a story line, which will be updated day to day, or atleast time to time (every few days ---> week)... YOU as a player will have an effect on the storyline. Your effectiveness will be based on your play style, and the other players's play style.

There will be 2 worlds, the Guardians & The monsters? (lame names ik xD)

so the 2 worlds will be fighting (good vs evil), you will get to choose which side you are on, the good is with the guardians, the evil is with the monsters (you will all start in a rookguardish place, you will learn the necessities to survive in the "main land" & then you will be sent off to the world you chose.

In this OTs hunting is not the main way to get exp, you will be rewarded with exp by completing daily tasks from your guild master (so if you chose the dark side you're in the dark side guild, however you can still create mini guilds & battle in friendly battles within your own side)

There will be various events in both sides, for example, a team vs team match in which you battle with people OF THE SAME WORLD, you get rewarded by exp from the event holder... As you make your way up the ladder in your world you will meet new "more important" npcs, the better your play style is, the faster you will get noticed...

So what's the point of having 2 worlds? Basically the highest ranks of both worlds get to fight against each other, in the end one has to prevail of course. And that will reset the game... However this will take ALOT of time... And it may never happen if the teams are, well unskilled? :p

In both worlds you will get ranked based on your performance in the various events included in your world, to enter these events you will need to hunt monsters, which will grant you ranks... However the monsters are more like bosses, so for example you will need to kill Zuguroth, the mastermind's right hand to start making your way up (i.e playing in events.) Of course there's no teleport with his name on it for you to just buy don items & slay him. You will need to go on a voyage to the other side & look for clues, on the website there will be some clues of Zuguroth, for example the type of lands he likes to stay in, his favorite monsters to stay around with... You can also purchase a clue from one of the npcs by doing him a favor, he will then tell you a vital clue, such as "He's immune to x & y, or he can combo you if you do x or y"...

When you enter the events this is when you've actually started the game... That's when you start making a name for yourself, and start affecting the storyline of the server! So what do you do when you're familiar with the server? You raid of course! If you make a good name for yourself the dark/good forces will ask you to raid on the opponent (dark if ur good, good if ur dark) & then you will get REAL loot... The king may even reward you with a nice flat in the country side! (houses are well, let's say expensive xD), When you raid on your opponents you have a chance of getting caught! That will put you in jail unless someone from your side raids to get you out of there, or pays a ransom for you... If not then you're stuck for 1 hour in jail!

I've already finished part of the scripting for this server... Still exploring tfs 1.1 tho, (yes it's 10.x)

All I need now is ideas & comments on how this server will work, I have faith in it honestly, I believe it can achieve 500+ players, that's of course if I do my job correctly, the scripting I can do, but the mapping... Oh boy :p

I still got along way to go, this is not everything but this is the main idea of the server, I believe it's quite unique, since it's not the typical login exp pvp server dies type of server, here you can actually make your name a legend!

Sounds pretty cool. I love the idea of having two factions, but I'm kind of confused as to how you'll achieve it. Just put everybody in a sub guild at the start, making friendly fire null? Or are you going to have to check the descriptions of people you encounter and hope you don't nuke a friendly?

Sounds pretty cool. I love the idea of having two factions, but I'm kind of confused as to how you'll achieve it. Just put everybody in a sub guild at the start, making friendly fire null? Or are you going to have to check the descriptions of people you encounter and hope you don't nuke a friendly?
It's really like the oracle in rl tibia, but instead you only have 2 choices, you choose vocation on start & play until you slay the monster, meanwhile you may be exping & getting yourself ready for the real deal.

You won't have a description, however I can do it if needed, but the dark guys won't really see the good guys, however, if a good guy wants to do a raid (a raid = a couple of good guys invade the dark guys's world, trying to kill a couple of them, if they do kill someone he's jailed in their world, & they take a reward for that, also a ransom if he wants to pay.) also if you do go in a raid, once you enter the borders of the other world you get a dark effect on you every x seconds, so it will be easy for them to spot you...

This has not been activated yet, I'm trying to get as much comments/suggestions as I can so I can be sure it's fun to play

with TFS 1.1 it'd be easy to prevent friendly. onHealthChange, check if the attacker has the same storage as the target, ignore the damage if so.

with TFS 1.1 it'll be easy. onHealthChange, check if the attacker has the same storage as the target, ignore the damage if so.
I'll want people of the same world to attack each other, it's like thais & venore are going against darashia & oken for example, people in thais/venore can attack & kill each other for fun. Just like normal tibia, however when they do kill someone from darashia that's when it really matters, but it's not going to be easy.

Also the worlds will be secluded, so you can't find them coming in from the start, to gain passage they must make a name for themselves as I stated

I'll want people of the same world to attack each other, it's like thais & venore are going against darashia & oken for example, people in thais/venore can attack & kill each other for fun. Just like normal tibia, however when they do kill someone from darashia that's when it really matters, but it's not going to be easy.

Also the worlds will be secluded, so you can't find them coming in from the start, to gain passage they must make a name for themselves as I stated
could be fun.

I had a server like this a few years ago but I got too busy with school and never ended up getting it online.

The idea is pretty cool and I've only see 1 or 2 servers do something similar too it. The sad part is that this type of server doesn't usually work out unless everything is made close to perfect and a nice flow to it.
I'm sort of confused. Is Good vs Evil considered your vocation? or will there actually be more vocations while Good vs Evil is just a side?

Good vs. Evil should be considered a faction and not a vocation! It would be lame if the only thing that made someone unique was their faction.
I like the idea of being able to choose between Good or Evil but you should be able to further develop your character to have some sort of purpose beyond your faction. (~cough cough~ vocations)

For example a vocation for the "Guardians" could be a mechanic type class that sets traps and builds defenses around their world as.
The "Monsters" could have a special race of Shapeshifters who can take form of a "Guardian" and infiltrate the Guardian's Base.
The possibilities are endless and it certainly has more flavor than just Guardian and Monster. :p

Also you mentioned that in events you will have to hunt monsters (bosses) but that doesn't really make sense for the "Monster" side since they would be killing their own kind haha.
Anyway it still looks really interesting, but it will only be good if its done right! Good luck :)

In Species I let people see who was on who's team by giving them a "race".

Orcs, Elves, Dwarfs, Etc.

You could give all "cool" color options to the "Light" team, and all "Warm" colors to the dark team.

So Red, Yellow, Orange vs Blue, Green, Purple colors.

Would make it easy to tell who is who in a war.

In Species I let people see who was on who's team by giving them a "race".

Orcs, Elves, Dwarfs, Etc.

You could give all "cool" color options to the "Light" team, and all "Warm" colors to the dark team.

So Red, Yellow, Orange vs Blue, Green, Purple colors.

Would make it easy to tell who is who in a war.
was thinking about that, but I think if I choose a set of addons for a team, and another set for the other it would be better? Then I can point them out much easier... OR I can just force a change of addons during events, dark team is dark light is light heh

The idea is pretty cool and I've only see 1 or 2 servers do something similar too it. The sad part is that this type of server doesn't usually work out unless everything is made close to perfect and a nice flow to it.
I'm sort of confused. Is Good vs Evil considered your vocation? or will there actually be more vocations while Good vs Evil is just a side?

Good vs. Evil should be considered a faction and not a vocation! It would be lame if the only thing that made someone unique was their faction.
I like the idea of being able to choose between Good or Evil but you should be able to further develop your character to have some sort of purpose beyond your faction. (~cough cough~ vocations)

For example a vocation for the "Guardians" could be a mechanic type class that sets traps and builds defenses around their world as.
The "Monsters" could have a special race of Shapeshifters who can take form of a "Guardian" and infiltrate the Guardian's Base.
The possibilities are endless and it certainly has more flavor than just Guardian and Monster. :p

Also you mentioned that in events you will have to hunt monsters (bosses) but that doesn't really make sense for the "Monster" side since they would be killing their own kind haha.
Anyway it still looks really interesting, but it will only be good if its done right! Good luck :)
Good & Evil (that won't be the names btw I'm just giving an example XD) will be sides not vocations, and I don't plan to start it any time soon, I'll test everything out first, and maybe make a beta, then I'll start =)

As for the vocations, there will be all sorts of vocations, however the "Dark" team will have cool features like draining opponents health & feeding on it (just like poison but when opponent loses health because of poison you get the health he lost). Also shape takers, they will have the ability to take the shape of any object they desire.

Every vocation will have it's power (sort of like league of legends)

was thinking about that, but I think if I choose a set of addons for a team, and another set for the other it would be better? Then I can point them out much easier... OR I can just force a change of addons during events, dark team is dark light is light heh

Good & Evil (that won't be the names btw I'm just giving an example XD) will be sides not vocations, and I don't plan to start it any time soon, I'll test everything out first, and maybe make a beta, then I'll start =)

As for the vocations, there will be all sorts of vocations, however the "Dark" team will have cool features like draining opponents health & feeding on it (just like poison but when opponent loses health because of poison you get the health he lost). Also shape takers, they will have the ability to take the shape of any object they desire.

Don't make vocations have too unique powers, otherwise the teams will be very imbalanced.

Don't make vocations have too unique powers, otherwise the teams will be very imbalanced.
Teams won't get unbalanced, there are 3 classes
  1. Mage (here will be some diff mini classes, which you will choose ingame, after you try em' all to perfect your style.
  2. Fighter (some mini classes, some with more health bad attack, & vice versa.)
  3. Supporter (can heal his team mates by his UE, he can also paralyze the enemy, however bad health & bad attacks)

I'd say my vocation system is based on league of legends, I see that it's extremely balanced, what do you think?

would you guys play such an OTs? Because if I'm going to finish this I'm going to be working REALLY hard, like around 6 hours a day to complete this OTs by the end of this month, so if you have any more ideas/suggestions please don't hesitate!

The sad part is that this type of server doesn't usually work out unless everything is made close to perfect and a nice flow to it
I agree with that. I have some nifty story general lore shifts planned, but its rather difficult the get to guess how balanced it will be. Currently working on the flow part :D
would you guys play such an OTs? Because if I'm going to finish this I'm going to be working REALLY hard, like around 6 hours a day to complete this OTs by the end of this month
Month is not enough. Unless you already have some good custom server base.
I work 6-12 hours a day on my server. And I barely can push new content each month.

If you only focus on making the fighting between sides good, others features will lack.

In my opinion the idea is simply a feature not a game itself.
If I were to focus all my power on single feature, I would loose everything else and make this as a different game completely (like moba)
Other than that, this will just stay as a thing, what can players can do and is part of many other things what also should be awesome.

I agree with that. I have some nifty story general lore shifts planned, but its rather difficult the get to guess how balanced it will be. Currently working on the flow part :D

Month is not enough. Unless you already have some good custom server base.
I work 6-12 hours a day on my server. And I barely can push new content each month.

If you only focus on making the fighting between sides good, others features will lack.

In my opinion the idea is simply a feature not a game itself.
If I were to focus all my power on single feature, I would loose everything else and make this as a different game completely (like moba)
Other than that, this will just stay as a thing, what can players can do and is part of many other things what also should be awesome.
I agree, it looks like I'm going to spend some more time, I was just going to start showing pictures in a month or so xD, that's when I have the base developed, and i'm just going to be working on the other additional features.

As a player when you rank up, you can become the leader of your side, you will battle it off with the others...
As a leader of your side you
  • Get to divide the loot gained in raids
  • Choose who can go in the big raids
  • Get bonus exp
  • If captured, you can't pay ransom. You will have to wait for the 1 hour to run out or for some loyal member of your side to free you.

This is all so far, I hope I can make this work :)

Back