• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Adding a new UI window

FinTriesCode

Reaction score
Hello all!

Im looking to add a UI window (like the spell book) which has an interactive button on it.

When the button is clicked, it moves to a random place on the UI window.

I have no idea where to even start - I have scanned both the client and server code but the lack of documentation is scary!

Thanks all,
Fin

Im checking it out now, have you got a summary for this source?
Post automatically merged:

Im not seeing anything in there in terms of how to create a new window using scripting or C++.

Its an ingame window, like the spellbook or minimap, but the purpose of it is ot have a simple button. When the button is pressed, it randomly shifts to another point on the window.

Last edited:
This is the wrong place to ask questions, you need to make a post in the support board. This section is for providing tutorials, not asking for them.

Im checking it out now, have you got a summary for this source?

Im not seeing anything in there in terms of how to create a new window using scripting or C++.

Its an ingame window, like the spellbook or minimap, but the purpose of it is ot have a simple button. When the button is pressed, it randomly shifts to another point on the window.
of course that would no appear specifically, but you can research for the function needed in order to achieve it, also you can research for a similar script in the data files and work on it.

This is the wrong place to ask questions, you need to make a post in the support board. This section is for providing tutorials, not asking for them.
That wasnt 100% clear. Thanks for letting me know.

of course that would no appear specifically, but you can research for the function needed in order to achieve it, also you can research for a similar script in the data files and work on it.
I have spent hours reading through files which is why I asked. Thanks for the help.

That wasnt 100% clear. Thanks for letting me know.

I have spent hours reading through files which is why I asked. Thanks for the help.
If you don't want to have to do all the client side stuff, modal windows is what you are looking for

Back