• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Another new map editor (WIP)

There are no scheduled plans for a beta or whatever. Vital functions like creatures and housing are (partially) missing, for example.
Whenever I'm ready? -- I don't know, all depends on how often I'd like to work on it and if I have time for it.

Can you elaborate on what "templates" are? I've not heard about those things yet =P.

I don't have SME on my computer atm, but it looks like this(template examples are included with SME, at least older versions):
rmt1.png

When you open SME, load your map and you use file -> load template tiles from line above will be replaced to tiles from line below, it's just quick replace x to y option

sme templates can be made in any mapeditor, but tiles must be on same area as on template example. However, loading template in SME affects entire map that's why I used it rarely in the past.

Certainly would be decent for trying multiple climates for a small map you do.. However i mostly have the climate set in my head before i map but an option added for that may be useful for mapping competitions to switch climates a little bit faster^^

Certainly would be decent for trying multiple climates for a small map you do.. However i mostly have the climate set in my head before i map but an option added for that may be useful for mapping competitions to switch climates a little bit faster^^

I had climate tilesets in my head for a while when I was creating RME extensions, but I was too lazy to make them. I was just telling myself that nobody is going to use them.

It would be very useful for me. Im not a good mapper so i often look for free releases and spruce them up a bit and incorporate them into my server map. I have problems finding different climates. The most common by far is plain green grass and "normal" city, then ice and desert which are hard to find. any climate besides those are rare to find.

I think it would be cool if you'd be able to browse a palette not even clicking on it but pressing certain button (like ctrl, shift or whatever) and rolling the mouse middle button at thesame time - so you can jump between items that are near on the list. Seems extra usefull for bordering and probably alot moar things.

Regards
No1

I think it would be cool if you'd be able to browse a palette not even clicking on it but pressing certain button (like ctrl, shift or whatever) and rolling the mouse middle button at thesame time - so you can jump between items that are near on the list. Seems extra usefull for bordering and probably alot moar things.

Regards
No1

Possible, yes. Currently scrolling is defaulted to zooming in/out, tho, but it is possible to make it select next/previous items on the palette/hotkey bar. The RAW-palette isn't customization (yet?) though, so you can not re-order those items to something preferred.

have you in mind make a "live" to make possible that 2 or more mappers can map at the same time?

Yes, but I will not release it with such a feature. It's a possible extension whenever everything rolls.
I also think about having some addon feature where you can write your own dll's which will simply extend the application, so you [could] write it yourself then.

Tiny update:
Messing around with the in-editor lighting and admiring the new sprites :3.

yLCWW.png

A suggestion if not mentioned before could be that you could replace x item with y item. Like said i by misstake wanted to put 100x flowers around and putted 100x bushes instead u can just switch the 100x bushes for the 100x flower.

When are we gonna get a preview video of you showing the map editor in YouTube? :p

Would love to see the auto border system.

You should just release it and try to make an auto updating system. (Could be edited if you want updates or no)

...and reading all these whining posts about how often it crashes and how many things doesn't work? Dude be patient, if you want good mapeditor instead of crashy non-finished release.

Possible, yes. Currently scrolling is defaulted to zooming in/out, tho, but it is possible to make it select next/previous items on the palette/hotkey bar. The RAW-palette isn't customization (yet?) though, so you can not re-order those items to something preferred.

That's why I ment it to be scrolling while certain button pressed.

It's simply less alive since the OT community is just derp and dying, mostly.
I'm currently working on some other non-tibia related things which is a lot more rewarding and fun to do.

I'm currently working on some other non-tibia related things which is a lot more rewarding and fun to do.
Can you reveal the secret?

Back