• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

BOSPVPE Going 9.6

Phantom22

The Chosen
Reaction score
Well the title says it all, i have taken alot of feedback from all of the complaints last era and decided to make some really big changes, including all new custom areas, I reduced your need to be a "slave" to the task master it will be alot more relaxed now and more of a method just to get your addons and mounts, I have combined both event tokens and task tokens into one universal currency I also lowered the price of vip and all items in the token exchange and I plan on making it a great success.. Couple that with true DDOS protection and professional hosting, I have obviously hosted for over 2 years already. What do you guys think, It has been a long road fixing my 8.60 even converting it to 9.60 was days of work having to re implement zao, fixing the otb's but I have the feeling if you build it they will come.

Some more changes include the complete removal of the private spawn system, no custom spells, I want to make the server feel real, without a map tracker I can't make any of the new content and it has been made very clear that those that have them want to keep them or want thousands of dollars for them "I thought this was an open sourced community?" so I am making up for that by mapping beautiful new custom zones using available sprites from 8.7 - 9.60. and hoping it is appreciated, There is alot of work inside this datapack and it would be a shame for it to not see it's full potential!

I would also like to thank EVERYBODY who contributed to the 9.6 contribution thread your work helped make my load lighter and I want to show my appreciation with a big thank you!.
Anyways this is more an appreciation thread to all that have contributed to this server previous success and the road its taken to get to this fork in the road.

On a final note I would like to ask the players that have visited my server to give me your suggestions as-well because you never know what can happen unless you just ask!
I really want the communities voice here because whatever I do from here on in is going to be up to YOU! It will be my job to make you happy and I want you to play on your terms not mine!

Thanks again guys!

Last edited:
sounds awesome dude! i remember playing bos having 70 vs 70 wars all the time. the 9.60 work sounds great. keep up the good work. cant wait to play it. keep me updated. its good to see those private spawns are out. reason why most my friends left. but they will surely come back and even bring there friends. the server can be takin seriously again.
just keep up the great work! i love the direction your heading in

Thanks, I am continuing work on it everyday from the time i wake up till i goto bed. I put all RL things on hold to make sure this see's full fruition. The new VIP town is almost finished then we just have a few more maps to add and a few tweaks and a couple npcs to finish and it should be good to go.

I know you from the past, and you are a hard worker and got one of the best dedicated server's I ever played on I hope you the best and can't wait to test any server you host :)

Thank you i have already decided to just make VIP free, and let everyone share the same benefit to make it more equal for all players, there will be no resistance for people to want to invite there friends and people cant hide in zones teams cant access for wars.

This is obviously going to net less donations but it was never my intent to over donate any of my servers and i have made that clear from day one. as long as it pays its own bills the server stays alive all revenues sit in a savings account for server payments, ventrillo payments and any work that i can't do to get done including hiring professional graphics artists and coders to make things just the way everybody likes them.

please remember to leave any suggestions you would like to see go forward in this coming chapter for Balls of Steel so it is exactly how you expected it.

The server for the people made by the people!

Why would you use a VIP system if everyone will be able to have a VIP account?

Wouldn't be better just remove such system?

That was the intention yes, the details just haven't been ironed out, I am not giving 100% full disclosure of course since I don't want competition trying to beat me to the pass. But Free VIP / VIP System removed means basically the same thing. However you would like to perceive it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if i remember correctly it was you that basically cloned my server, and called it tibia strike? even the depot. Just playing fair here and keeping it real I do keep an eye on other servers ;)

That was the intention yes, the details just haven't been ironed out, I am not giving 100% full disclosure of course since I don't want competition trying to beat me to the pass. But Free VIP / VIP System removed means basically the same thing. However you would like to perceive it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if i remember correctly it was you that basically cloned my server, and called it tibia strike? even the depot. Just playing fair here and keeping it real I do keep an eye on other servers ;)

I never cloned a server... Tibia Strike are my forums. Let's take this chat to PM's.

Just PM'd you... There's no secrets with me either, but once you read the private message you'll know why I don't want to discuss that here, it could be misunderstood as advertising.

Also remember, off topic messages are against otland rules, and you didn't create this thread to discuss that. Am I right?

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, it wasn't mine. Already told a friend gave me this account because he left open tibia development.

That message: "Last edited by Cypher; 8th June 2012 at 23:06." is because I copied the thread to advertise my war server: Verify yourself: http://otland.net/f43/sweden-cypher-wars-24-7-8-60-pvp-e-160279/

Also, as I told you... When I received this account from my friend I changed my name and started as a completely new member here, it may be also verified. Check the #7 post on that thread:
Actually, Gap has had servers before. They were well managed.
It's not always the owners fault, sometimes the host has problems.

Anyways, stop getting off-topic.

Yeah, Bogart said it... That's the me my friend used, that means it was posted by Gap and not by me.

Good to know :)

Id also like to mention that my stages will be low still, even though the task master doesn't give experience i would like to keep the levels down because level 200 in 1 day is not going to happen :) I want it to be more of a softcore server.

Last edited:
It's official we will be supporting SMS in this coming era I worked with cykotitan all night employing a new type of automatic SMS donation system. and this time we will be tracking all the donations so if it resets we can return payments made via SMS.

Alittle update VIP town has been finished today I am now zoning the housing and guild halls, I have been working diligently everyday coming closer to completion, mounts are finished vocations are balanced. things are moving along very nicely. if you would like to follow my update thread on my website you can do so here Balls Of Steel 8.60 - Forum

I hope you guys are as excited as my players are in anticipation for the big change!

- - - Updated - - -

The update will be tomorrow, there is going to be a reset. get ready guys!

Last edited:
Back