• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Bought a dedicated

Benny

Reaction score
I bought a dedicated from leaseweb, i got all the emails and stuff via my email, but i have no clue how to get onto remote access, and leaseweb has'nt been very supportive either, can anyone help me out? thanks

Type this in -> http://localhost/8080

I think its like that, cuz mine was :p

Uhm.. Why would he get remote connected to the server by going to the localhost? On his home-computer?
So I doubt that will work. ^.-

@On-Topic
I've no idea about this but, can't you just use the program that comes with windows? 'Remote Desktop Connection'.
The program can usually be found at: Start menu -> Accessories -> Communications -> Remote Desktop Connection.

> Dear Customer,
>
> Welcome to the LeaseWeb hosting facilities. Your new server ******* has
> been installed in our datacenter recently. Here are the details:
>
> INSTALLATION
>
> Debian
>
> NETWORK
>
> - IP address: ********* / ***********
> - Gateway: **********
> * Note: You can request more IP's at [email protected], do not assign them without contacting us first.
>
> LOGIN
>
> - System root user with password: *******
>
> REMOTE REBOOT
> You can power cycle your server using the button in the Self Service Center.
>
> If there are any questions, do not hesitate to contact us, either by replying
> to this message or creating a new message to [email protected].
> We appreciate your business.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> LeaseWeb - Support
Thats all they sent me, iv tryed windows remote window, and it does'nt work

You just pay them, then you have dedicated hosting?
I dont understand that...

You send them the server files?

You pay for it then you get like your own computer you can't see it or touch it but you can use it by remote connecting to it from your own computer.
You can do whatever you want on it, it's the same as on a normal computer. (Except that you have to remote connect)

I orderd debian, but then i emailed them to change it to windows, and they said alright or w,e but yeh i can try linux, how do i remote access to a linux computer?

I find it weird that they call it "root password", since "root" is a term only used on linux, windows uses "Administrator".

Are you sure you ordered windows and not linux?

Leaseweb says he got a Debian (Linux) computer.

ontopic: I only know that you can use mstsc to enter a windows computer through remote, not sure what to do with linux, will try to get some resources for it.

Back