• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Build your own house in my OT! Thoughts?

Candlejack

Don't hug me I'm scared
Reaction score
My favorite feature of Tibia still is the player owned real estate. However, one thing was always missing for me. The ability to design my own house in-game.

Though, we still can't do that; I have come up with a solution in an OT I've made.

I've made an HTML5 "house maker" that's still in the beta stages. Over time this could turn into something much more (possibly a browser based map editor for Tibia OT's) but for now this is how it works.

In the OT you can purchase a plot of land.
Once you own the land, you use the website to edit your plot with the HTML5 house editor.
The house you build will cost you real USD. (This is how the server generates income to sustain its self)
The house will be automatically added to the server the next server save.

Does this interest you?
Would you play an OT like this if it was Tibia 8.6 (Real Map) with 2x xp.
Would you pay a reasonable amount of USD to have your own custom house in an OT you love?
Would you purchase this html5 app for your OT if I made it available to the public?

This image is a VERY early alpha.
It's advanced from this (now has tools, and more items) - but this is to give you an idea of what it looks like.

sm9boo.jpg

I'd like to get a playable demo released soon if I find an interest in this :)

Nice :p this has been attempted a few times, but no one has thought to make a house-builder OUTSIDE of the client.
Very Smart ^_^

Here is how I plan to do house building on my upcoming server. (Of course, this is just a concept script)

I like your way better personally xP, makes it easier on players.

My first attempt was to make it in the client - That video you showed me is wonderful! Certainly you've gone way farther than I have with that.

I really like this idea, and as a donation option it would be nice as well.

The only problem I'd have is the 'economy' of building a house, I'd like for players to be able to buy and trade walls or ground types in game, and even have different types of walls as rewards for quests and what not.

Having the house building options in game as well as donation through the website I think is the best way to go..

Having to pay for each tile, tile type, and wall type is nice, I'd just like to be able to 'break down' the walls and the different tiles into items in game, so that the pieces of the house become tradeable items.

Also, I'd want you to be able to 'change walls' or tiles in game, allowing the player to customize their house to their own design at will, and in game, as well as through the website.

But to answer your question, yes I'd purchase system.. and yes I'd pay money for a house on a server if the server seemed to have longevity (I have done this in the past).

Though I have zero interest in playing any 8.6 servers as I don't enjoy having to bot, plus, I have enough charaters on real tibia to never want to play a real tibia OT.

Actually the idea they can make the structure self sucks, the structure would be done already and they can do the rooms with beds and so on how they want it.

I really like the concept, but the houses are going to be permanent? Or if the owner lose the house the used space will be available again?

Back