• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Converting map, Using Remere's Map Editor

Shynzo

Banned User
Reaction score
Converting map, Using Remere's Map Editor

Hello to all, I once again bring a tutorial made by me (Shynzo).
This time I teach them to convert an old map for versions above 8.1.
I have seen many tutorials conversion of maps, but none of them using Remere's Map Editor and not all worked.

What is the reason for me to create this tutorial?
Simple ... With SimOne MapEditor are not all that the maps to convert, it's Remere Map Editor give all to convert.
So now we come to chat and the tutorial.

1 ° Go in the folder of your old server, or an earlier version of version 8.1, can be any version, and open your map using Remere's Map Editor. In this tutorial I will use a version 8.0 as an example.

2 ° When you open your map vai appear the following.
rme_01.PNG

If you click on "not" simply does not open the map, then click "yes".

3 ° After you click "yes" will appear the following.
rme_02.PNG

Even if your map is 8.0 it will say that will convert to 8.0, then click on "OK" and I hope the map load.

4 ° After loading your map go to the upper bar and click on "Map" and then select "Properties ..." or press Ctrl + P.
rme_03.PNG

5 ° In the window that will open, will appear the properties of the map. See that in "Client Version" your map will be in the version 8.00, choose the version you want and click on "OK". In my case I will convert to 8.10 despite my Remere's Map Editor have the version 8.20. See the image below.
rme_04.PNG

Having clicked "OK" I hope your map load after load he just save you and your map is already on version desired.

Doubt
More how do I open the map with a 8.1 executable?
Simple. Simply make a copy of a 8.1 server that you have within it and substitute the following folders: world, actions, npc, and perhaps the folder movments. If your server has monsters created by you or "Custom monsters" copy the file and put the monster in the folder of your server and add the tag it as monsters.xml inside the folder monsters.

So this is ai staff here just my tutorial.
I hope you have enjoyed.
Me excuse for my bad English
Until more.

----- Coments please. This is my first tutorial and topic here in otland -----

Last edited:
When i converted my map from 8.10 to 8.20 it said that i need to take like dat and spr from 8.21 file, when i do that it still keeps asking me to take those 2 files, why?

Windows 95/99 oO? anyways good tutorial :D

Thank you, Now i also got my RME 8.22 Working! :D

Well, I tried this, and it ended with that the spawns.xml did not get converted, and since 7.6 spawns.xml does not have the same system, it dosn't work. Anybody else had this problem?

Well, I tried this, and it ended with that the spawns.xml did not get converted, and since 7.6 spawns.xml does not have the same system, it dosn't work. Anybody else had this problem?

I think that there are no problems, I already converts various maps 7.6 to 8.2

Nikke~
i don't think you've borned with a Mouse in ur hand and KeyBoard on your legs and a cup of coffe at ur disk
so you talk about newbies
hold on
teach the others
better you laugh offer there
one day you were like us
can't even know how to open my Computer...
if you know some thin
ofcourse you got from another person
you can't try every thing by your self and find out
this msg isn't for you only. it's for every one like to have knowledge better to share with the others

Back