• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

crypto currency in ot?

da1biglild

Reaction score
which one of yall gonna put crypto in an OT? can we start making money from this??

You can add cryptocurrency miner in your client, but you have to inform players that you are using thier pc power to digging cryptocurrencies.
However, I doubt you will make a lot of money even with 1000 players online.

man, please explain cc miner? im very noobish to these things..
ive been thinking of other ways to get players paid.. like putting money on peoples heads...lol giving them a reason to war euhauhsuhe

Last edited:
Start by posting on the correct board. I, myself, still wonder why OT owners still don't accept crypto. Perhaps its unstable nature is one of the reasons.

Start by posting on the correct board. I, myself, still wonder why OT owners still don't accept crypto. Perhaps its unstable nature is one of the reasons.
We accept crypto. It accounts for only 2-3% of our purchases though.

We accept crypto. It accounts for only 2-3% of our purchases though.

I don't think the Open Tibia community is familiarized with crypto anyway, that's probably why you get 2-3% of your transactions in crypto. People do business, sadly, with PayPal when it comes to OT.

I don't think the Open Tibia community is familiarized with crypto anyway, that's probably why you get 2-3% of your transactions in crypto. People do business, sadly, with PayPal when it comes to OT.
Yea exactly.

i was actaully talking bout having monsters drop crypto coins ect...
lmao. I remember a game made for android which was like flappy bird, but with a doge. For every point you scored you gained 1 doge. And it was real, and funny lol. Only made like 100 doge cause I sucked balls

i was actaully talking bout having monsters drop crypto coins ect...

If you did that, what would you do when you have no more coins to drop? How would you replenish your supply of crypto-coins? Nothing of monetary value, cryptocurrency included, is infinite.

It seems to me that, based on many of your posts, what you want from an OT is to be able to pay the players. To do that you either need to have an inexhaustible supply of money, a way of generating as much (or more) money as you give out, or making sure that the item that is tradeable for real-world currency is finite in the game.*

You could do something like create a new coin in the game called "lild coins". The only way to get them is by purchasing them from you (or looting them from a dead player). No monsters drop them, no player can conjure them.

Then on your website simply have a section where they can buy lild coins from you and sell them back to you.

*It is possible you could have some deflation by having that lild coins thrown away, or a player die while carrying lild coins and their body never looted before it decays. You could keep track of how many lild coins are viable in the game, and if there is a surplus, monsters could drop that surplus, but only the surplus. This would require a change in the code, because monsters aren't designed to make sure there is a finite number of any given item.

Edit: The above is based on my lay understanding of economics. I forgot that there have been economies based on essentially inexhaustible currencies (see Shell Money). I have absolutely no idea how such an economy is viable, but if you do, go for it.

Last edited:
It's already possible, just hook up Coinbase or Coinpayments like you would PayPal.

OX accepted crypto, it was probably 5% of our payments, it would probably be higher now that crypto is a bit more mainstream. It's nice because it eliminates chargebacks.

It's already possible, just hook up Coinbase or Coinpayments like you would PayPal.

OX accepted crypto, it was probably 5% of our payments, it would probably be higher now that crypto is a bit more mainstream. It's nice because it eliminates chargebacks.
Again brother, I wanted monsters to drop crypto, then be able to transfer to ur PayPal/Coinbase

Again brother, I wanted monsters to drop crypto, then be able to transfer to ur PayPal/Coinbase
Then make a new item that on use will charge players premium points and on your website, in account panel, add new form where players can withdraw these premium points and make API request to some kind of crypto currency service (or whatever it's, I have never used cc).

Clever lol , not too from the idea that im
Already implementing actually ..

If you did that, what would you do when you have no more coins to drop? How would you replenish your supply of crypto-coins? Nothing of monetary value, cryptocurrency included, is infinite.

It seems to me that, based on many of your posts, what you want from an OT is to be able to pay the players. To do that you either need to have an inexhaustible supply of money, a way of generating as much (or more) money as you give out, or making sure that the item that is tradeable for real-world currency is finite in the game.*

You could do something like create a new coin in the game called "lild coins". The only way to get them is by purchasing them from you (or looting them from a dead player). No monsters drop them, no player can conjure them.

Then on your website simply have a section where they can buy lild coins from you and sell them back to you.

*It is possible you could have some deflation by having that lild coins thrown away, or a player die while carrying lild coins and their body never looted before it decays. You could keep track of how many lild coins are viable in the game, and if there is a surplus, monsters could drop that surplus, but only the surplus. This would require a change in the code, because monsters aren't designed to make sure there is a finite number of any given item.

Edit: The above is based on my lay understanding of economics. I forgot that there have been economies based on essentially inexhaustible currencies (see Shell Money). I have absolutely no idea how such an economy is viable, but if you do, go for it.

This is flawed in many ways, although I agree with the rest of your post.

Assuming I buy a "lidl coin" for, let's say $1, there are three possible scenarios:

1) I sell it back to him for more than $1, which means he loses money and I make a profit.
2) I sell it back to him for less than $1 which means I lose money and he makes a profit.
3) I sell it back to him for exactly $1 which means neither of us has loss or profit.

I see no point in the aforementioned transaction. Both parties get more through the usual "donate and get something in return" pattern.

Now, about looting it from other players who have purchased it. Why would anyone buy something which only introduces a risk of loss? I mean, why would I buy a coin which I could only lose?

Clever lol , not too from the idea that im
Already implementing actually ..

I honestly doubt you're implementing anything, considering that you had next to no knowledge about the topic a couple of days ago.
Mind telling the rest of us what you're implementing and how?

This is flawed in many ways, although I agree with the rest of your post.

Assuming I buy a "lidl coin" for, let's say $1, there are three possible scenarios:

1) I sell it back to him for more than $1, which means he loses money and I make a profit.
2) I sell it back to him for less than $1 which means I lose money and he makes a profit.
3) I sell it back to him for exactly $1 which means neither of us has loss or profit.

I see no point in the aforementioned transaction. Both parties get more through the usual "donate and get something in return" pattern.

Now, about looting it from other players who have purchased it. Why would anyone buy something which only introduces a risk of loss? I mean, why would I buy a coin which I could only lose?

I honestly doubt you're implementing anything, considering that you had next to no knowledge about the topic a couple of days ago.
Mind telling the rest of us what you're implementing and how?

Oops. After a few revisions of my post, I forgot to include the part where in order to play, you have to have the coins. Then there is a reward as well (ending up with more coins than you started with). It makes it into a kind of tournament. I would say you have to treat it like a tournament as well and periodically zero all the players out, otherwise you will not get any new people who want to play because there is no chance for them to survive long enough as the high-level players kill them immediately and take all their coins. It would have to be fairly regular as well, the longer the interval, the less you will have new players join. Alternatively, you could start new players at a level on par with others in the game.

ive implemented a system in which players earn coins for kills and those coins, will then be tradeable for A VOUCHER that is worth real-world cash....

In fact, if you want to make an OTS in which people can earn real money you don't need to use crypto-currencies.
Just make an good and popular OTS and allow players selling items for real money on auction portals (I mean no bans for that).

Back