• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Custom RPG project idea - need feedback

ironweed

Reaction score
Hi, noone knows me here but I'd like to ask u a simple question.
What do you think about server with those features (cant hide, most of them are based on other MMO like Diablo for example)

-custom map - nice, neat, PLAYABLE: noone wants to run on square hunting places, but 2sqm width passes with 3 details per sqm annoys everyone

-low rates - but with extra features(read below) that doesnt make lvling booring

-waypoint system - basicly like in Diablo, once player discover area X, he can use waypoint in the city/other area to tp there (i was thinking about introducing some kind of traveler tokens, every trip will cost 1 for example, tokens will be obtained from monsters, quests etc), those waypoints wont be placed in every single spawn, players will still have to walk a bit to get to spawn, but noone will have to walk 10 minutes to get to spawn.

-tp scrolls - again Diablo, bought or dropped, if you are out of combat you can click it and get back to town imidiatelly.

Those 2 features above will improve economy (tp scrolls and tokens will be next sellable items) and they will let players travel faster. Walking whole map to spawn is annoying, but on the other hand, simple teleports like in every evo ots are booring.

-item upgrades - smithing, enchanting, putting gems into eq, why not? for example, lets upgrade simple plate armor with 4 red gems (every one giving 50hp), take it to blacksmith and add 5 def points and enchant it with some magical effect. Ofcourse gems would be rares and also next thing to use as currency instead of gold.

-quests, quests everywhere. Not only anni, poi and dhq. Lets make many quests that require team for low, mid and high lvls.

-dungeon/party hunting - something like ArchLight provided but definitelly different. Im not even sure if its possible to make but I see it like that:
x(lets say 2-10) players gather in special room
after they pull the leaver they are tped to separate area with monsters
those monsters give exp and loot multipled by number of players (x)
and are also x times stronger
something like mp10 system in D2 LOD, where hunting together is really beneficial but also really hard so noone will abuse it.

-was also thinking about custom vocations but not sure if its worth messing with them cus its really hard to balance it after

Back