• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot ( The Restoration Project)

Remember how the server was supposed to be released months ago?

Remember how we said that no one wants you in the thread if you just bash and talk shit about a server that's being worked on by 1 guy that's in school? Pepperige Farm remembers.

Back, been gone for ages (sorry!) school etc... So whats the deal

Back, been gone for ages (sorry!) school etc... So whats the deal

I can't set a release date because the actual date of arrival of the computer parts is out of my hands, and there's still a bit more I have to once the comp parts get here (figure out how linux works, install linux, and figure out how to set up my router to work with linux and allow people to connect to my router. etc) As soon as that is all done I will announce a release date, the server is almost here.. just gotta wait a bit longer unfortunately.

Pretty much it.

Cmon people its an discussion board, discuss things for god sake View attachment 16401

I don't know why, but your post made me laugh hard.

Ontopic: I can wait patiently for this server to release because it's deathzot. I played the beta and got enough time with it to enjoy myself and not crave dzot for a bit. If it comes out soon, that's great, if it comes out later than 'soon' that's fine too :p

All I can say is "soon" because I'm waiting for all the parts to arrive, but I haven't kept up to date with what has been done so I guess I'll post whats been done/changed since the beta was last up.

• Town Revamp has been finished and I'm very pleased with the outcome
  • Polara Island is completely finished
  • 4k area "Desolation" key has been added, along with the task to get it
  • Desolation is currently in the revamp process, I'm also expanding the area a lot
  • Sub 4k area is in progress, a long with the world boss 'Fisco Ice' which later will give you access to the 5k area, 'The Blasted Lands'
  • Addon System is done!

Addons & How they work;

Originally I wanted to do an NPC who would deal with all addons, and require a specific addon to unlock an outfit & it's addons. Since then I've changed the addon system to be the following;

Bosses randomly drop 'addon tokens' now.
Once you get 100 addon tokens you can click the tokens to retrieve a random addon item
When you use the addon item, it will grant you the outfit a long with the two addons for that specific addon

All I can say is "soon" because I'm waiting for all the parts to arrive, but I haven't kept up to date with what has been done so I guess I'll post whats been done/changed since the beta was last up.

• Town Revamp has been finished and I'm very pleased with the outcome
  • Polara Island is completely finished
  • 4k area "Desolation" key has been added, along with the task to get it
  • Desolation is currently in the revamp process, I'm also expanding the area a lot
  • Sub 4k area is in progress, a long with the world boss 'Fisco Ice' which later will give you access to the 5k area, 'The Blasted Lands'
  • Addon System is done!

Addons & How they work;

Originally I wanted to do an NPC who would deal with all addons, and require a specific addon to unlock an outfit & it's addons. Since then I've changed the addon system to be the following;

Bosses randomly drop 'addon tokens' now.
Once you get 100 addon tokens you can click the tokens to retrieve a random addon item
When you use the addon item, it will grant you the outfit a long with the two addons for that specific addon

Sounds good, but if I end up getting the warmaster or demonhunter addons before anything I want I'll be pretty pissed.

So, i have just gotten done with readying 46 pages of comments all together, looking at every single change done, and have to say i am Fully impressed with where this project is going, As this server was the foundation of Open Tibia that i have Longed for since it shut down and have never been able to find since. And i will be watching this very closely for a release date every day now.

im a Former Chaos OT power player Original First era. Former Deathzot 1 most hated player, and Deathzot 2 player. and a semi player to Rise of Abbadon before getting my ass handed to me and chased off server several times.
Former names - Gears of War - Itach- xXx- Legend - and Co-owner to Revol.
I may not be a liked person by any of the original players but i will be coming back for this and will stay forever.

i do however have some questions:
is there any plans to make a custom client just for the sake of not needing a ip changer and to have all hotkeys within that client so you dont lose them if u have others?
any plans on having a Website with this server as Deathzot Original did not for reasons of server lag potential?
Will a small crew of players bully others and dictate the community to such a degree that 50% of new people to the server get chased off like 8.0 days?
is the Legend Class going to be in the game still? ( i would understand why it wouldnt ) but it was 1 hell of a end game goal
Will sportacus get better english accent?
will you have your own dedicated Vent server?
will people being caught botting afk be left alone or can they be jailed in a room with a door to open to get out to keep them online but no exp?
will there be homes for most of the new 8.1-8.6 creature skins in the new Deathzot to give a sexy new look on lower content?
will there be 2-5 Daily events on timer for people to access?
Will there be auto-Raids implemented so at leased 4x a day the server gets raids? (not for release but when there is a mix lvl of people actively playing server)

and just curious but how much does this server computer cost you?
(not that it matters much because i am more than sure that in less than 2 months u will have it payed off with donations from what i can tell of how many views and old donors i see here) i personally think you have made a GREAT time investment on this project and hope it pays off for you just as good as it did for Bill. just be ready for the drama and dont crack.

and if ur still running a side beta just for kicks till you get the real 1 up for ur buddies ( i know i aint a buddy) any chance i can get a key?
really looking forward to this and will be my primary game over Diablo 3, Warcraft, Sc2, and MW3 once its released.

Also for anyone on here already to Bash me for even stepping foot on here, i will not be a power player by no means on this server. i will be the casual guy maybe not even in the top 100 players. 12 hr work days, GF that lives with me. my time has other dedications, so lets just get along please.

----~ Will

DeathSignatureFinal.jpg

Attachments

• DeathSignatureFinal.gif
    DeathSignatureFinal.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 3 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
So, i have just gotten done with readying 46 pages of comments all together, looking at every single change done, and have to say i am Fully impressed with where this project is going, As this server was the foundation of Open Tibia that i have Longed for since it shut down and have never been able to find since. And i will be watching this very closely for a release date every day now.

im a Former Chaos OT power player Original First era. Former Deathzot 1 most hated player, and Deathzot 2 player. and a semi player to Rise of Abbadon before getting my ass handed to me and chased off server several times.
Former names - Gears of War - Itach- xXx- Legend - and Co-owner to Revol.
I may not be a liked person by any of the original players but i will be coming back for this and will stay forever.

i do however have some questions:
is there any plans to make a custom client just for the sake of not needing a ip changer and to have all hotkeys within that client so you dont lose them if u have others?
any plans on having a Website with this server as Deathzot Original did not for reasons of server lag potential?
Will a small crew of players bully others and dictate the community to such a degree that 50% of new people to the server get chased off like 8.0 days?
is the Legend Class going to be in the game still? ( i would understand why it wouldnt ) but it was 1 hell of a end game goal
Will sportacus get better english accent?
will you have your own dedicated Vent server?
will people being caught botting afk be left alone or can they be jailed in a room with a door to open to get out to keep them online but no exp?
will there be homes for most of the new 8.1-8.6 creature skins in the new Deathzot to give a sexy new look on lower content?
will there be 2-5 Daily events on timer for people to access?
Will there be auto-Raids implemented so at leased 4x a day the server gets raids? (not for release but when there is a mix lvl of people actively playing server)

and just curious but how much does this server computer cost you?
(not that it matters much because i am more than sure that in less than 2 months u will have it payed off with donations from what i can tell of how many views and old donors i see here) i personally think you have made a GREAT time investment on this project and hope it pays off for you just as good as it did for Bill. just be ready for the drama and dont crack.

and if ur still running a side beta just for kicks till you get the real 1 up for ur buddies ( i know i aint a buddy) any chance i can get a key?
really looking forward to this and will be my primary game over Diablo 3, Warcraft, Sc2, and MW3 once its released.

Also for anyone on here already to Bash me for even stepping foot on here, i will not be a power player by no means on this server. i will be the casual guy maybe not even in the top 100 players. 12 hr work days, GF that lives with me. my time has other dedications, so lets just get along please.

----~ Will

From what I know, saw, and what Syn has told me while we were in beta:

- Botters will not be punished because they will not be at an advantage over manual players (I'd like for a jail system, though)
- People will not get chased off this server because I can help :D If I like the person
- Beta isn't up anymore :(
- I think there is 1-2 raids daily and a tauren may be weekly (Syn never said anything but from old deathzot experience)
- There is no prestige/reborn in this server
- Hardcore isn't returning (maybe later)

Look forward to seeing you there, maybe we can hunt together :)

----~ Will

Don't wanna quote that entire essay, but anyways..

Never did I expect you to even find this thread, but I'm glad you did because it's always nice to see old players coming back. I'll try to answer your questions the best I can;

Custom client; Sure, this is something that can be done if when I have time
Website; 100% intend to have a website (still ingame account creation) website will have; high scores, screen shots, libraries, tips & info etc..
Since the 'scumbag ventcrew' is almost all gone, I don't think I have to worry about power abuse. I've also removed the need for amulet's of loss, and decreased the death loss significantly at lower levels (1-2000)
You'll have to talk to Sportacus about that :)
The vent I currently use has a lot of slots, maybe I can make a deal with Flatlander to expand the ventrilo and pay him for the slots the deathzot players use, who knows.. I'll have to talk to him
AFK botting is fine, since supplies (SDs/Uhs/Ihs/explos) are capped on charges, you can't necessarily optimally bot 24-7
There's a lot of new areas being added, so I'm always looking for ways to use new skins etc.
I'm trying to add a lot of 'mini events' (runic tokens, exp candys, tier 1 giveaways) that happen automatically throughout the day (I'm making the rewards small, but going to have them happening a lot more)
I had some connections in regards to the parts with the servers, so lets just say It's not costing a ton, but it still has to be paid for, and I'd still like to even upgrade someday

and the beta probably won't be back up because the release is about a week or so away

aight, thanks for the reply in detail, and its pretty funny i fell onto this thread. was a total accident since i am NEVER on otland or otfans. hence my 1 post on a 2008 account lmao. was googling something and shabam, Deathzot topic from 2012. my soul moved my mouse without control to click. so much hype just hope day 1 (which im sure prolly will like all others) wont be to glitchy and stress test on new system goes fine.

@eternal is 6 years of harbored hate still inside u? i feel bad for u. really do. get some help bro.

Edit : ps: Also calling it out, The first person i see rollin T6 is most deff going to be Bill.... u know its gonna happen

Last edited:
Back