• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Distribution to use for map-testing

auda

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I used to map a lot a few years back and now I've been coming back to it while studying. However, now I'm at the point where I want to test the map in-game. I've read about compiling stuff, but is that necessairy to simply be able to log in locally to try the map I'm working on?

Also, I might be asking in the wrong section but I didn't know any place better than here. I don't need a tutorial, I just need an answer to above so I know where to head next. Thanks.

P.S I'm mapping with the most recent versions of Tibia (10.98 / 10.96), I can switch down to an earlier version if there's no distributions for these versions yet.

Just download TFS 1.2-1.3 Tibia 10.96/10.98 Use sqlite or you can even try to setup uniserver for mysql or just follow znote guide if you are not verry well to setup it :

TFS 1.2 should be fine, just download a nightlybuild for windows and configure it in a basic way.
Also - I'd suggest WAMPserver as webserver if you are not running any apache/mysql stack yet because some people have difficulties getting Uniserver going. Installation is pretty straight forward too.

> Releases · otland/forgottenserver · GitHub
> WampServer

Last edited:
Again, I appreciate your help but I haven't been able to fix it. I obviously haven't done enough research. I'll keep trying.

Downloading WAMP as we speak.

Last edited:
Hey guys.

I used to map a lot a few years back and now I've been coming back to it while studying. However, now I'm at the point where I want to test the map in-game. I've read about compiling stuff, but is that necessairy to simply be able to log in locally to try the map I'm working on?

Also, I might be asking in the wrong section but I didn't know any place better than here. I don't need a tutorial, I just need an answer to above so I know where to head next. Thanks.

P.S I'm mapping with the most recent versions of Tibia (10.98 / 10.96), I can switch down to an earlier version if there's no distributions for these versions yet.
You should be able to just download and setup a server locally with one of these, there is a some differences between the versions. But to keep with consistency you should use the latest release available.
Releases · otland/forgottenserver · GitHub

Personally I use xampp locally on a windows os to test a web page but windows can never truly emulate a live web server environment. So what I will do is set up a dual boot system, linux/windows setup. For Linux I use Linux Mint 18.2 as a test environment which is similar to Ubuntu 16/17 (which you will find on a good portion of vps's) but in my opinion runs a lot smoother.

To setup a server locally on linux with minimal effort just run this shell script and most of the compiling will be handled for you, the only thing you will need to do is setup the credentials for the php/mysql. But everything else will be handled for you. :) Just save this as a install.sh
C++:
#!/bin/bash
sudo apt-get update
# Name of the Project, if there is a space in the name use either an _ or a - in its place
TFS='TFS'
# Go to the Home directory and make a Project directory
cd ~
mkdir $TFS && cd $TFS
# TFS - Server
sudo apt-get install -y git cmake build-essential liblua5.2-dev libgmp3-dev libmysqlclient-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-iostreams-dev libpugixml-dev
# Go to the Project directory
cd ~/$TFS
# Git
git clone --recursive https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver.git
# Compile
cd forgottenserver && mkdir build && cd build && cmake .. && make
cp tfs ../
sudo apt-get update
# RME
sudo apt-get install -y git cmake libboost-system-dev libboost-thread-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libwxgtk3.0-dev libarchive-dev freeglut3-dev libxmu-dev libxi-dev
cd ~/$TFS
# Git
git clone https://github.com/hjnilsson/rme.git
# Compile
mkdir rme/build && cd rme/build && cmake .. && make
cp rme ../
sudo apt-get update
# Otclient
sudo apt-get install -y build-essential cmake git-core libboost1.58-all-dev liblua5.1-0-dev libglew1.13 libvorbis-dev libopenal-dev libphysfs-dev libglewmx-dev libz3-dev freeglut3-dev libc6-dev-i386 doxygen libncurses5-dev mercurial libssl-dev
cd ~/$TFS
# PhysicsFS is a library to provide abstract access to various archives
hg clone -r stable-2.0 http://hg.icculus.org/icculus/physfs/
cd physfs
sudo mkdir build
cd build
sudo cmake ..
sudo make
sudo make install
sudo mv /usr/local/lib/libphysfs.a /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/.
cd ~/$TFS
# Get the sources, compile and run
git clone git://github.com/edubart/otclient.git
cd otclient && mkdir build && cd build && cmake .. && make
cp otclient ../
sudo apt-get update
# Install Lamp -- You will need to be at the terminal to setup the password for Mysql
sudo apt-get install -y lamp-server^
sudo apt-get update
# Install PhpMyadmin -- You will need to be at the terminal to confirm the password for Mysql
sudo apt-get install -y phpmyadmin

Thanks, I've used XAMPP before but forgot about it. I will try using WAMPServer and see how it goes. If not I'll move over to XAMPP.

However, I did as webtimize said above and downloaded The Forgotten Server with the nightlybuild. I installed it according to the thread but when I try to launch the .exe the prompt window flashes and disappears within milliseconds. I tried to print the screen to see what the prompt reads, but it's too fast I've not been able to get a screenshot out of this.

I read that it could be because of an outdated vcredist but I have the latest one.

EDIT: The last thing it reads before closing down is "Establishing database connection".

Thanks, I've used XAMPP before but forgot about it. I will try using WAMPServer and see how it goes. If not I'll move over to XAMPP.

However, I did as webtimize said above and downloaded The Forgotten Server with the nightlybuild. I installed it according to the thread but when I try to launch the .exe the prompt window flashes and disappears within milliseconds. I tried to print the screen to see what the prompt reads, but it's too fast I've not been able to get a screenshot out of this.

I read that it could be because of an outdated vcredist but I have the latest one.
Open up config.lua and make sure the mysql database, username and password match that of your webserver, go to localhost/phpmyadmin and login and create a database and then import the sql schema.

Make sure that you the dll files to launch the server, you can drop these in the same directory as the exe.
OpenTibia DLL Pack (v2.0)

Open up config.lua and make sure the mysql database, username and password match that of your webserver, go to localhost/phpmyadmin and login and create a database and then import the sql schema.

Make sure that you the dll files to launch the server, you can drop these in the same directory as the exe.
OpenTibia DLL Pack (v2.0)

Thanks, I'm starting to recall this process. I will try it out, but what is the username and password for phpmyadmin? I never chose any of that.

EDIT: Solved it using "root" as username. Sorry for asking before thinking lol

EDIT#2: Thanks dude, I got the server to run. Appreciate your help!

I got one more issue with the database. I've created an account in the database, and am trying to add a player to that specific account but I get this error:

SQL query:

INSERT INTO `players` (`id`, `name`, `group_id`, `account_id`, `level`, `vocation`, `health`, `healthmax`, `experience`, `lookbody`, `lookfeet`, `lookhead`, `looklegs`, `looktype`, `lookaddons`, `maglevel`, `mana`, `manamax`, `manaspent`, `soul`, `town_id`, `posx`, `posy`, `posz`, `cap`, `sex`, `lastlogin`, `lastip`, `save`, `skull`, `skulltime`, `lastlogout`, `blessings`, `onlinetime`, `deletion`, `balance`, `offlinetraining_time`, `offlinetraining_skill`, `stamina`, `skill_fist`, `skill_fist_tries`, `skill_club`, `skill_club_tries`, `skill_sword`, `skill_sword_tries`, `skill_axe`, `skill_axe_tries`, `skill_dist`, `skill_dist_tries`, `skill_shielding`, `skill_shielding_tries`, `skill_fishing`, `skill_fishing_tries`) VALUES ('1', 'auda', '6', '123', '1', '0', '150', '150', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '136', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1000', '1000', '7', '400', '0', '0', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '43200', '-1', '2520', '10', '0', '10', '0', '10', '0', '10', '0',[...]

MySQL said:
#1364 - Field 'conditions' doesn't have a default value

So I looked into the 'conditions' field and this is what it said:
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

EDIT: Solved.

Last edited:
I got one more issue with the database. I've created an account in the database, and am trying to add a player to that specific account but I get this error:

SQL query:

INSERT INTO `players` (`id`, `name`, `group_id`, `account_id`, `level`, `vocation`, `health`, `healthmax`, `experience`, `lookbody`, `lookfeet`, `lookhead`, `looklegs`, `looktype`, `lookaddons`, `maglevel`, `mana`, `manamax`, `manaspent`, `soul`, `town_id`, `posx`, `posy`, `posz`, `cap`, `sex`, `lastlogin`, `lastip`, `save`, `skull`, `skulltime`, `lastlogout`, `blessings`, `onlinetime`, `deletion`, `balance`, `offlinetraining_time`, `offlinetraining_skill`, `stamina`, `skill_fist`, `skill_fist_tries`, `skill_club`, `skill_club_tries`, `skill_sword`, `skill_sword_tries`, `skill_axe`, `skill_axe_tries`, `skill_dist`, `skill_dist_tries`, `skill_shielding`, `skill_shielding_tries`, `skill_fishing`, `skill_fishing_tries`) VALUES ('1', 'auda', '6', '123', '1', '0', '150', '150', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '136', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1000', '1000', '7', '400', '0', '0', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '43200', '-1', '2520', '10', '0', '10', '0', '10', '0', '10', '0',[...]

MySQL said:
#1364 - Field 'conditions' doesn't have a default value

So I looked into the 'conditions' field and this is what it said:
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

EDIT: Solved.
Please next time share the solution, but I will tell you what the solution is because I have encountered this myself.
Condition has to be set to a hex value, a default of 0x0

You can also use the sql queries found in this thread as a reference to create a new account & player.

God account on TFS 1.3 + premium, via sql

Back