• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Does this sound interesting?

Fredrikli

Reaction score
I'm currently creating an 8.6 server, based on older tibia versions.

The map is 7.6, real tibia. All creatures are 100% handplaced, and quests are 100% scripted to fit with the server/map. All npcs are handscripted, with full (original) dialogs. All houses are available. (all of this is already done, so the only thing remaining is the "gameplay")

What I mean by "based on older versions" is that the server uses the old spells, wands, quests, and so forth. This does not mean that everything is as it was in earlier versions though. For example, potions are still available and a lot of other good features (ex. stacking runes/pots) that the newer versions offer.
The hotkey system has been deactivated (for runes and pots), so that the game acually requires some skill.
PvP is encouraged, and by that we mean: no redskull, no blackskull, only whiteskull.

All of this being said, there are a lot of new stuff for people whom are tired of the same old map, quests and such.
A lot of new quests and questlines has been added and also thing like: Boats in minor villages like Greenshore and Fibula, as example, which will encourage guilds to maybe rule their own little village and conquer others.

Exp-rate would not be too high (have not settled for a number yet) and roleplaying will play a larger part of the game. Having a lower experience rate would call for more fun PvP as older tibia versions were not designed for level 400+ characters. Also, having no hotkey system (for runes and pots), It would become to hard to hit players with level 400+ running around with a speed of a spacerocket.

The server would use both a accountmanager in game and on a website. Guildmanagement, house trade and such would also be both ingame and on the web.

Also, for the people who wants to use a custom client with preconfigured IP, this will be available to download.

Does this sound interesting to some of you?

Server will be hosted in sweden, for the time being.

Sincerely,
En Bullgillare

Personally it doesn't, I despise real maps and I'm not a fan of 8.6 either.

no...it isn't advertisement. he presented us with an idea, asked what people thought. he's building it. he didnt even give an ip or anything, of course this is a discussion thread.

Yea, to be an advertisement, it would need a IP and Port. Since the server doesn't even exist yet I would say it is discussion.

Yeah, i'm just trying to get feedback, and heads up if this is a good idea or bad

Let me be the first to say that this sounds like a pretty good idea. I considered starting a 7.6 themed server with the newer client myself, basically enjoying the features of 7.6 with the updated graphics and everything else; but with the same hunting spawns and rune system. I would give it a try.

Back