• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Elysium: The OpenSource 2D MMORPG Platform Project!

CristoferM

Reaction score
Project Overview

UzjKl.png

Well,what is this project?its almost like OpenTibia Project.
But we want to take a really different path.

OpenTibia is too much engaged in Cipsoft Standard.Its use Tibia's Protocol,System(Spells,etc),i feel like OpenTibia Project aim is to follow Tibia.
Moreover,its doesn't have a custom Client therefore don't have any customs Sprites.

Our aim is much more bigger.

Our objective is to make a 2D MMORPG Platatform OpenSource Project with a Server/Client/ItemEditor/MapEditor deeply customizable with New Graphics and Server features(Scripting) aimed to people who's want to do really Ats servers.
A 2D MMORPG Platform who takes the better from Tibia and OpenTibia to make something new,easy and deeply customizable.
But our most important aim is to do a really community oriented Project.

Graphics

Mist effect,one of the news Graphics features,from Tibia Flash
TrwzK.jpg

Mist effect,a type of Magic Effect(Animation) wich will be drawn above all other Game's window stuff.

Sprite Sheet(with Animations),a new way to store Sprites in Spr file,with transparency support
epE56.png

Sprite Sheet(with Outfits),a new way to store Sprites in Spr file,with transparency support
5duXy.png

One of our goal for this area is to redesign the Spr's file to manage Sprites sheets with Transparency(Png) but still compressing the data.

But the most important thing here is to redesign Dat's File.

Dat have a precarious format and its looks designed to be used in Server too,and its not good.

Our aim for this area:

-Every graphic type will have they dat format.
-Animated Outfits with more Overlay support.
-Overlay support to Items(like fluids).
-Mist effect.
-Animated Project tiles target by angle.
-Better Fluids/Ramdom Sprites support.
-Flexibilty to add more graphics types.

A C++ library to deal with spr/dat wich will be useful to Client/Graphics editors/Map Editors/Etc.

Map

Nice mapping from Magnetico : Link
templeentrance.png

Our goal for this area is simple.

-Redesign the City thing to be more dinamic
-Create Areas in the map like houses/protection zone to be scriptable and customized wich will be useful to do something like a pvp zone per example.

Spawn features will still be the same.

Server

csharp_logo.gif

Our Server will be in C#.Why?

C# is widely used by our main public: teenagers.Its is easy to write,maintain,etc.
if you want to know more about this wonderful language check here: link

There have a C# OpenSource Server project with basic functionality: Link

Our aim for this area:

-Easy to Maintain
-Clean design to make the c# more customizable
-Deeply Scripting(more than tfs).

Client

92d0156a90723cf0e7b9bdcfeee156251925.png

Our aim for this area:

-Good UI Design
-Good code design to make its easy customizable
-meet all specification talked above

Organization,Design and and what is your part in this project

community_logo.gif

Well,like i said in the beginning of this post,this project is oriented by community.
The goal of this project is the community and for this become real we need the community support.

Spriters: We need graphics for this project.Itens,Animations,Outfits,everything.
See: link

Designers:We need people to know and plan well our roadmap to take the project to reality in maximum speed.

Programmers: We need programmers to code well the plan from designers.

Leaders: We need leaders.People on the top to make sure that things are going right.

My idea is to make commites to think and plan the things before make things done.

Other things is to use Agile software development(Scrum),UML to make the design better possible.

Its the end of the post.Its is sketch for what we want for this project.its why feedback is very important to us.

If you want to enter in contact with me,my msn/email is: [email protected]

Last edited:
sorry to tell u the truth but. THIS GONNA FAIL in some weeks/months like all projects.

sorry to tell u the truth but. THIS GONNA FAIL in some weeks/months like all projects.

Well,maybe yes.But i know that i can make a difference in the world.if you don't,i'm sorry.
Its why the world is so sad.

About this subject and all other comments:

I'm not a army of one man.I can't do all the stuff alone.
Per example,i'm horrible in arts,i can't do sprites.
But i'm good in programming.
I think that everyone got they talents and they can help this project.

Think in a logic way dude.If you want to do game like Tibia,you need a a medium team to do it with Sprites,Designers,Programmers,Leaders...
But if you invest in OpenSource Project,you can get much more quality and resources with the same or less effort from your part.

Your world only exists because everyone do something,think about it.

optimistic? -.-'
Don't care about this bro.Focus on the Project.

@Topic

Our most needed resource is graphics.its ironic because here have more Sprites than Programmers,Designers,Etc.
And well,we need people to discuss about the Standards.
:rolleyes:

C# for teenagers...? lol :D that was stupid.

So you are going to re-design whole .spr thing, create Tibia Client from start and a new server engine?
You'll fail. I have a baad feeling about this :).

C# for teenagers...? lol :D that was stupid.
Well,its best than c++.And our community is made of teenagers,or i'm wrong?

So you are going to re-design whole .spr thing, create Tibia Client from start and a new server engine?

Yes.
Hell,if you can't dream,whats the matter here?

The crucial thing here is design.
The most simple dream can fail if its doens't have a roadmap.I'm a programmer,i know that if i have designed my program well i can just start coding fast because i know what need to be done,otherwise,i will just stop because i don't know what need to be done.

You'll fail. I have a baad feeling about this :).

Your fellings don't mean anything.

Its sweet to see something custom. Although you should improve your english, its just about how serious it'll get. Unless you ain't the one writting quests and so on. ;)

Wish all the failed projects over the years would be released into some huge OTcesspool xD

But GL on this man

Its sweet to see something custom. Although you should improve your english, its just about how serious it'll get. Unless you ain't the one writting quests and so on. ;)
Yes,i have a bad english,its because i'm brazilian and i learned it by myself.
About quests,our objective is to do the platform,the users will make the contents.

Wish all the failed projects over the years would be released into some huge OTcesspool xD

But GL on this man

Thanks.
ah,wich projects?

@Topic

I Want to start this week to design the standards of this project.
anyone that wants to join in the project just post here.I will just organize how we will communicate and so.

The first step of this project is plan well our Aim and how we will do it.
Anyone who want to be in the team(helping the project) post here or send me a PM.
After this step we will post the results to community discuss.

Ps: Anyone can participate in this Step because its the time to do the defination of the standards(How things will be and how they will work) of this project.

I can upload ready png sprite sheets but thats not big deal cause fc is already public ;d

I don't know if c# is good idea, c++ is STILL base and core language for tons of people but I have to try # to give detailed opinion

Back