• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Extibia 7.1 discussion thread

Extibia

Reaction score
As you noticed, Extibia is the most stable and one of bests old school servers nowadays.
We are thinking about launching Extibia on 7.1 version. What do you think about it?
We just proofed, thats our server is stable and lagsfree, then why not 7.1?:)

Post your opinions, how it should looks etc.

something like this??

Runescape_01.jpg

naa i think 7.1 is meh, especially downgrading from 7.4 to 7.1, there is no real point in doing 7.1 instead of 7.4 other then just looking a bit older. Instead I think you should go for 7.72 version, there haven't been a lot of 7.72 servs out there lately, also I think mana costs on spells is way better at 7.72 then at 7.4/7.1. Maybe add new content like liberty bay in 7.72 would be awesome to see some new content instead of grinding constantly in the same tomb every server.

Just changing the look into 7.1 isn't really enough to make you stand out atm imo, as there are loads of oldschool servs popping up (and down)

If you're about to follow the 7.1 path, perhaps you should follow-through in every aspect of the game from that era? An example for this would be No ban for killing players (unless destructive behavior), no skull-system, no Ankrahmun, No ghost-land, not being able to sell or buy more than one item at time (lel), no rotation to furniture, no use with on weapons and everything etc

http://tibia.wikia.com/wiki/Updates

My point would be that there is, like Ryans says, no point of really making it 7.1 instead of 7.4 (it's basically the same)

something like this??

Runescape_01.jpg

naa i think 7.1 is meh, especially downgrading from 7.4 to 7.1, there is no real point in doing 7.1 instead of 7.4 other then just looking a bit older. Instead I think you should go for 7.72 version, there haven't been a lot of 7.72 servs out there lately, also I think mana costs on spells is way better at 7.72 then at 7.4/7.1. Maybe add new content like liberty bay in 7.72 would be awesome to see some new content instead of grinding constantly in the same tomb every server.

Just changing the look into 7.1 isn't really enough to make you stand out atm imo, as there are loads of oldschool servs popping up (and down)

Well, I just noticed that people like to play on 7.1 version, then I just thought why not try in 7.1.
I don't think so, that players gonna like a new content on old client, also the liberty bay - don't think so it's good idea.

If you're about to follow the 7.1 path, perhaps you should follow-through in every aspect of the game from that era? An example for this would be No ban for killing players (unless destructive behavior), no skull-system, no Ankrahmun, No ghost-land, not being able to sell or buy more than one item at time (lel), no rotation to furniture, no use with on weapons and everything etc

http://tibia.wikia.com/wiki/Updates

My point would be that there is, like Ryans says, no point of really making it 7.1 instead of 7.4 (it's basically the same)

Of course, that delete frag system and ban for player killing is pointless, so I gonna keep those systems on my server. It's good to see that OLD players seeing my topic and can help me to create perfect server.

Well, I just noticed that people like to play on 7.1 version, then I just thought why not try in 7.1.
I don't think so, that players gonna like a new content on old client, also the liberty bay - don't think so it's good idea.

People played that anticus 7.1 because it was something different, adding new content that is known with tibia players (for instance liberty bay) and balanced for 7.7 would be a nice change of constantly the same shit popping up, 7.4 map is getting boring. I believe if you add new GOOD content, people would like it. Might ruin the oldschool feeling for some but I guess everyone that has been server hopping for the past months would like something new.

I tried a real 7.1 with iryont ages back and eventually switched back to 7.4 as theres really not a single good argument to host a 7.1 instead of 7.4. Everyone can change their sprites and call it a 7.1, there are no gamebreaking 7.1 features though.

Some oldskewl vids:

I like the idea but like i said too many servers are opening soon. People dont really care about new stuff they care about being the best on a stable server. Classicus was great because it was stable and had over 800 players, everyone wanted to play there. Classicus had problems, rollbacks, items copied and lied about it, left it unattended and he lost one of the best servers ever. Now the community just server hope until they get top and pk the rest of the players making them quit. With 800 players is harder and more challenging.

Back