• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Feedback] Trying to map

Bredaase

Programming Newb
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I am trying to create a "New Rookgaard". Imagine the case that Rookgaard has actually evolved to a bigger city like for example Carlin and needed the land mass around it to expand its city. I am trying to map this and pay attention to make it actually a playable RPG.

The only mapping experience I have is from fucking around with RME's sometimes (never serious mapping). So those are my first tries and I am not happy with them. I need your feedback to improve it.

Of course I know that it is not done yet but I would like you to rate my progress so far :)

Here are the pictures:

North-East city overview

city centre

depot - I need help with the roof

random spot with houses

temple

I have especially problems with finding a good looking roof...

Thank you!

It looks just okey.. I like the concept with the dark green grass in the middle of the street, but you are making it very square..
Look at others work and try map the same, in raw. That way you will learn how to use raw, and you map better :)

It looks just okey.. I like the concept with the dark green grass in the middle of the street, but you are making it very square..
Look at others work and try map the same, in raw. That way you will learn how to use raw, and you map better :)

Thanks for the feedback I will try to do that. I've just tried not to copy others so I did not look at other works at all :p I will do that and then post an update later on

Back