• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Forgotten map editor 0.1-rc3 (Developer Preview)!

Fallen

Freelancer
Senator
Reaction score
Forgotten Map Editor is a new map editor written using otclient's framework and is licensed under GNU GPL v3 while otclient is licensed under MIT see LICENSE.
otclient is written under C++11 (The upcoming C++ standard, also known as C++0x) and uses OpenGL 1 or 2 (of your choice) to render items and creatures.

Forgotten Map Editor uses lua for almost everything, except OTBM, OTB, XML, etc loading and saving. However, what makes Forgotten map editor unique is that it's faster than others and also uses a lot less memory for i.e real maps, benchmark tests says:

3 GB -> 1 GB memory on 32 bit systems for global maps.
6 GB (or 4 AFAIK) -> 2 GB memory on 64 bit systems for global maps.

Forgotten Map Editor is also cross-platform; it works under Linux and windows, we might also be porting it to Mac if some developer gets his hands on a mac machine.

Frequently asked questions:
Q How do I navgiate through my map?
A By holding the right mouse button and moving the mouse or by zooming through the area you want to preview.

Q Any Screenshots?
A Yes, Screenshots can be found in the thread on the Discussion forum but let's leave this one for bug reports etc NOT feature requests.

Q How do I render a lot of items at a time?
A Simply select the item from the item pallet and click any where on the canvas.

Q I have found a bug what do I do?
A File a bug report on: https://github.com/otfallen/forgottenmapeditor/issues

Q How do I save my map?
A It might be harder to save and/or open maps for now, but we've a work around for that, simply press CTRL+T and type:
g_map.saveOtbm(mymap.otbm)

Q How do I load spawns?
A Fire up the console (CTRL+T) and type:
g_map.loadSpawns(g_map.getSpawnFile())

Q How do I make spawns or houses?
A You can't.

Q Why did you release it when it's not even able to save my spawns or make houses yet?
A Well, I find the discussion thread boring to work on and there has also been requests to compile it for windows etc, so I decided to do that and that can also give me some motivation to continue working on it.

Q Is there going to be any features from other map editors out there?
A No, there won't be much copied from others, there won't be scrollbars for example, it will remain the autocad way.

Q I have found a bug or I made a feature, how do I pull it in the official repo (or master branch)?
A Fork the repo on github and clone it on your own PC, commit the changes then press the Pull Request button on our github page.

Q I want to implement a feature in C++ code and pull it in, what do I do?
A It's always a bad idea to do that in C++ but this can be done if it's something like loading a file or saving (i.e XML saving is not functional), see Contributing

Q What's the fastest way to contact you or otclient developers?
A By email or IRC: #fme on freenode or #otclient on freenode. No PMs please.

Q I want to compile it myself, any guide?
A Yes, simply check out the wiki

Q I have a question but it's not listed on the FAQ what do I do?
A See bug reports(issues) or contact.

See also the Workarounds page as it contains useful information when running into trouble.

Download FME 0.1-rc1
rc3 released: download rc3 and merge.

Last edited:
Finally! Approved.

very nice
just kidding, you fail
This file does not exist, the access to the following file is limited or it has been removed due to infringement of copyright.
nice depositfiles

Last edited:
NbBwH.png

why does it use 99% gpu
gibe money please i repot u

Finally bro! Gonna try this tomorrow! High expectations ;) <3 would rep but cant.

"Pretend rep"

Awesome shit is awesome.
Good job, I know you worked hard with this :)

better explain

OiKUWaL.png

KmTuh1W.png

you may commence pushing out hotfix at this time

I can't download from any of them. My filter blocks putlocker and turbobit, bayfiles is premium only, and depositfiles doesn't have it. Re-up with something else maybe?

better explain
you may commence pushing out hotfix at this time

Try to restrict the FPS, worked for me.

fmerc.lua
Lua:
g_app.setForegroundPaneMaxFps(24)
g_app.setBackgroundPaneMaxFps(60)

Try to restrict the FPS, worked for me.

fmerc.lua
Lua:
g_app.setForegroundPaneMaxFps(24)
g_app.setBackgroundPaneMaxFps(60)
better! interesting how side interface panels only appear if Example theme is used
0.1-rc2 released: download rc2 (see commits for new features).
unable to scroll anymore, if i hold RMB i can see it returning me to the original position

Last edited:
Back