• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Rookville [10.77] - OFFLINE!

Dont forget that @HalfAway is offering unmanaged services as far as I am aware of. So yeah, I guess fixing some errors on the phone and making sure the server is back online from his phone when he was probably busy doing something else is a great effort. Yes, I take it he is doing volunteer work to help @Eldin get along but do not forget what UNMANAGED means in the first place. I also do offer unmanaged hosting only and I gladly help my customers out whenever I can. But as soon as a customer takes that for a given he surely walks down the wrong path. Personally, I have experienced @HalfAway to be one of the most dedicated hosters around Otland and there arent much services that can compare to in terms of quality he provides.
Don't get me wrong! We all do love to see servers succeed and play a part in its success if possible, however the commitment is diversive and surely it isnt the provider of an unmanaged hosting service that should be expected to do hotfixes.

Kind regards,
Damon
I know what unmanaged means, but he shouldn't claim to be something and then ignore issues that need to be resolved, i am not even referring to just the server being down.

I would like to begin to say that I am the one to be hold responsible for anything and everything regarding my servers, no one else.
The simple answer is that I don't have the actual time nor the "expert level knowledge" to test every scenario with every script that I would like to if I want to complete a few servers, what I do is bringing out server concepts to OpenTibia, I am a developer, not an expert mapper nor scripter.

HalfAway is doing the most amazing job and is for sure an expert in many ways and many parts. He is a person who demands nothing and helps with more then he already should, why? Because he is HalfAway.
HalfAway should only be praised for anything he does at all, none of his "services" or stuff he made has failed in any way, just for the fact.

Information:

I have been working on the server for 24/7 since the start, due to some un-known issues and a few misses by me the start had a mixed experience.
Code:
-Stamina was accidently on so people lvled A LOT faster then intented. (Gave me no time for new stuff)
-The only 2 (early) crashes was made by my own misstake as I re-loaded a few things live that I shouldn't have.
-A House Issue wipes the houses even if it shouldn't.
-Alot of small errors have taken my time.
-The fun !skillpoint system encountered an early issue where it set 64 max mana from 300~ to a player, had to be disabled.

The server was never ment to have the long story line quests, NPCs and such, it is a medium Project of mine and I always had in mind to keep it simple with nice features.

UPDATE:
Code:
-!skillpoints is now working
-New Lvl 45+ Island can be taken from the Ferry
-Alot of other issues fixed

I will post more about the update once I am done with a couple of errors.

Once again I am happy to see that players want a Point of basicly everything as well as balanced and well made systems, these are things that I normally go 100%, so again, thank you for this, it makes me happy at least.

KindregardsEldinlogo_zps9c8d3e30.png

The server was never ment to have the long story line quests, NPCs and such, it is a medium Project of mine and I always had in mind to keep it simple with nice features.

Although I admire a previous project you released many years ago, there is no such thing as a medium project.
Not cool to put out a server that is broken when there are tons of people on here who can and will help you fix things.

If you consider gm/gods being afk or just blatantly ignoring players concerns while they attend to otland matters as amazing work then there is nothing more for me to say aside from a question of how long will this server be up til it is taken down due to the lack of support.

hOiECcj.jpg

Well, I Had +8 mystic blade with two shitty bonusses +1 humans and +1 hp absorb. I finished the quest for " 12:23 You see neutral matter." or something like this, and it turned my weapon into this shit. I want my weapon back.

hOiECcj.jpg

Well, I Had +8 mystic blade with two shitty bonusses +1 humans and +1 hp absorb. I finished the quest for " 12:23 You see neutral matter." or something like this, and it turned my weapon into this shit. I want my weapon back.

just stop playing untill eldin fixed the issues

Wanted to play but I can't log in into accounts I make, it says
We tried to log you in, but...
  • Failed to authorize your account, are the details correct, have you registered?

logo_zpse7ea2df8.png

ROOKVILLE INFORMATION, THE FUTURE, UPDATES AND NEW CONTINENT!

INFORMATION:

I would like to thank everyone who played Rookville the third run so far, it is always a new experience and a pleasure to have you there.
The server being offline a few hours tonight was the human factor, it is also the case with the couple of crashes we had, it was my misstakes.

Rookville started out great in general with a few smaller issues that I was dealing with. The server grew and everyone seemed to enjoy it a lot, most players fastly reached level 40-50 within 1-2 Days, way to fast. The first misstake was the stamina system, it was supposed to be disabled as the experience stages were perfectly set, therefor the so called "max levels" were reached much faster then planned and it gave me no time to bring you new areas, new quests and new things to do. Players quit or put the server on hold wich is understandable.

The feedback that has been given is amazing, it is not hatefull words and whine, it is actual feedback, thank you for that.
I sat down and pointed out the issues, the idea of Rookville and thought of the feedback when everything became pretty obvious to me, I have been pushing Rookville towards the "fast and simple gameplay" that I don't generally stand for with the mindset of the server being a small to medium Project, you guys wanted more.

THE FUTURE:

It is time for Rookville to take a new turn, solve the reported problems, bring new features and areas as well working with what we have. Rookville will still be of the style "simple and easy" but made with more "thought", more Eldin Style. I will continue the work every day to solve what I can while it is online rather then closing it and fix everything first, unless everyone stops playing. I do not like to restart the server unless the players demands it or quits.

So what will and have been made already?

UPDATES:

SkillPoint System:
Now again working as it should!
The Health, Mana and Capacity may vary depending on your vocation.
1 Skill Point is gained for every level.

SkillPoints_zpsjskioyrj.png

Houses & Offline Training:
A major problem occured with the houses and it wasen't saved correctly, this should now be solved.
Every house have now been "pimped" with beds, lights, windows, ovens and in some cases other furnitures.
The normal Offline Training system is now active, the offline training time and speed will be heavily lowered from beds within 1-2 Days so I recommend everyone to buy your house today. Please do not put important items on the floor during the next 2-3 Days but rather non-important objects to see if they are saved.
(I will do my best to re-Place lost items caused by this issue)

Houses1_zpsmdhe7yjl.png

Quests:
The majority of the new quests and a couple of the old didn't work, the chests were empty.
Chests are now working again so get yourself out there and complete them all!

Questfix1_zps95mc0mvz.png

The Map & Hunting Grounds:

I have had a lot of feedback towards hunting grounds and I wrote from the start that this will have a high priority.
The first ideas was to put in every single creature on the small Island, that caused un-expected good monsters in holes and terrible hunting grounds. This is now being changed as Rookville grew into something else then the small server is was ment to be from the start.

The Map is currently going through Spawn Updates and will continue until it feels right, I will rather have less variety on monsters but better hunting grounds rather then bad hunting grounds but every single monster. Please note that all the spawns haven't been completed yet.

Some areas do now have completely new monsters!

Coryms_zpsmxyettrl.png

Some areas have been made bigger with more of the monster kind or updated with other kind of monsters.
Wyverns, Dragons and Giant Spiders are a few boosted important areas.
(Dragons, Dragon Lords, Giant Spiders and Demons do now also have a bit faster movement speed)

Wyverns1_zps5n0ydj0v.png

Rookville Economy:

A first attempt was made to have low prices in the stores to create a small need for Money and trading between players, this seem to be the wrong solution.
A first change have been made so you'll get a more rightfull amount when Selling your Equipment and items to NPCs. (Please note that this is under change and I am open for any Changes, it is not complete yet)
I would like to lower the loot rate to 1x to make loot more fun and rare as I also raised the prices with 3-5x, the loot rate will however be kept to 2x after discussions with the players online.

Blessings prices from Eldin have now been lowered as well after requests.

SellItems_zps5rzohoht.png

And don't forget the Daily Chest in the event area south-west from temple! (LvL 25+)
(You might have to Clean the area from monsters Before reaching the chest)

DailyChestEventArea_zpspr0sxbcs.png

A LOT of general bugs, balances and small fixes have been done for a better gameplay.
I will continue to take feedback and do my part so keep it coming!

NEW CONTINENT - FIBULA - LVL 45+ ISLAND

Fibula.jpg

The island Fibula have a small village of the same name on it, whose inhabitants has gone throught some hard times. Below Fibula, there is the dreaded "Fibula Dungeon". The inhabitants of Fibula got their nightmade real when Giant Spiders one day came up from the dungeon and killed most of them. Moreover, a great sea-monster shows up from time to time around the continent, so barely no one dares to sail there any more.

You can reach the Island with Captain Eyeballs Ferry, South of the Rookville temple.
(Captain Eyeball will transfer you to the Ship who takes you to Fibula)

Ferry_zpszvydnycq.png

The inhabits of Folda is worth talking to, they have a lot to say.
(As you requested, NPCs with stories and Points)
Dexious Deathhand is a former member of the Mercenary Guild and do have a dark story to tell. (Quest)

SeaMonster_zpswgljvn9h.png
FibulaNPC1_zpskfay2fvc.png

Fibula also have 6 New Houses, 1 Villa, 1 Big Hostel, 1 Bar and the 2 famous Red Rose & Mercenary Guildhalls to own.

FibulaHouses_zpsibdarczk.png
FibulaBar_zpsmiynvch8.png

New Fibula Quests:
You are able to reach, live on and explore the Island from lvl 45, the most places are however locked to level 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 56 and 58.
All of these places behind the doors do have quests, big or small with old and new creatures! Some quests demands keys and teamwork in order to survive.
(First update with lvl 50+ areas, higher to come!)

FibulaDungeonExpDoors_zps9t3gldwc.png
FibulaDragons_zpsxyjokpm2.png

I would also like to Point out that I read Everything from everyone in this thread, I just put the most time to solve the problems and make new updates.
Thank you for playing.

It will be the #1 server if he updates to 10.82 or 10.90 and does otservlist countdown, and just make max players like 200~
Since this is a project based on official TFS 1.2 we use the current available client which is 10.77.
When TFS 1.2 releases it will be updated to latest version.

Sticking to official otb is best for future updates or stuff might be corrupt later on if you use an unofficial updated otb and then switch to a official otb version. Stuff might be swaped and changed.

Its not a good way to set an limit to max players, if the server gets such playerbase all it just need is more content expansions.

I created a account on the homepage, then when i try login and create a character it says its wrong password. I have tried 3 times with new accounts

Since this is a project based on official TFS 1.2 we use the current available client which is 10.77.
When TFS 1.2 releases it will be updated to latest version.

Sticking to official otb is best for future updates or stuff might be corrupt later on if you use an unofficial updated otb and then switch to a official otb version. Stuff might be swaped and changed.

Its not a good way to set an limit to max players, if the server gets such playerbase all it just need is more content expansions.
You don't need to update the items.otb to update the client verison, however although I do understand your point about it and the client verison.

I am starting to think that TFS is gonna die with 10.77, it's been that verison for so long now and no major commits (that I've seen) have been made in ages.

fix the account management on here i cant create a character on site says my account is not authorized but i can connect on the tibia with my acc it some weird stuff

I am speaking with HalfAway about the account registration "issue".
Please keep in mind that it is important to be accurate with the account you created, big or small /high or low letters matters,
if you created an account on DeathMatch you may use the same one on Rookville, these are linked.

logo_zpse7ea2df8.png

ROOKVILLE INFORMATION, UPDATES & NEW CONTINENT!

INFORMATION:

New players have found their way into Rookville a long with some of the old players. We hope to see some more of our old players checking back and see how we are doing. Rookville keeps going in the line towards the "Real Eldin Style" as requested and enjoyed, every update focuses on bug fixes, balances and of course new content!

UPDATES:

Temple and Rotworm Lever Change
Trainers teleport can now be seen from the temple to avoid confusion. The second small PZ by the Paladin store to the North-West will be removed next update.
The Coal basin at Rotworms sometimes got stuck, the replacement will now create and remove a bridge instead.
I have also dealt with loads of reported errors and smaller updates like Light Shovel, it now works as a normal Shovel.

Temple2_zpscjjey9dn.png
RotwormLever_zpshyceyrbg.png

Houses:
Houses now saved correctly, this screenshot is taken after the update, buy your house today for offline training!
(I would like to apologize to the sleeping house owners for entering without permission, you snore loudly by the way)

Houses2_zpszktgewff.png

Tame Boar:
The Tame Boars Healing ability will now Heal slightly less then before to give Knights their purpose back, you can still heal your boar with runes.

TameBoar_zps3zpkviq9.png

Rookville Balance & Economy:

Tweaks and Updates have been made towards the new gameplay.

Paladin - Infernal Bolts can no longer be bought and some Ammunition have been raised about 5 levels to use.
Mages - Wands & Rods prices have been raised to set a bigger value and balance.
Knights - The first Equipment can still be bought but the rest have been removed.
General - You may now sell even more items at Wicus and Brad the Blacksmith!

NPCBuyEQ_zpsdiduy1aa.png
WandsampRods_zpsu77ilvh6.png

NEW CONTINENT - GHOSTLANDS & ISLE OF THE KINGS - LVL 30+
1 New Giant Spider Spawn
1 New Wyvern Spawn
1 New Lich Spawn

Ghostlands_zpskycq2wur.jpg
IsleoftheKings_zpsx18wqvno.jpg

A dreary and barren stretch of land that has defied all attempts of cultivation over the centuries, the so-called Ghostlands have long since acquired a terrible reputation which has secured them a leading role in many a scary story. Who has not heard of the the mind-distorting illusions, the dreadful apparitions and the wandering ghosts of those who perished in this accursed land. The lucky few who have managed to return alive from there know that the rumours are true, but not even they know the full truth. For there are crypts hidden deep under the surface of the Ghostlands, long-forgotten halls and pathways that predate even the very first attempts of colonization. What's more, there are rumours of an older and even more sinister structure that is hidden somewhere deep in the earth which is said to be the source of the Ghostlands curse. But who would be foolish enough to risk both his sanity and his soul only to see whether or not the legends are true?
South of the ghostlands lies the isle of the ancient kings, known also as the Kings' Isle. There the rulers of the Rookville dynasties found their final resting places. Protected by the scholarly monks of the Order of the White Raven, this is a place of solitude, contemplation and learning. Only a handful of people are allowed to travel there since the reclusive monks do not welcome unwanted visitors who might have come only to look for the ancient treasure that was buried along with the deceased rulers of the Rookville lineages.

You can reach the Islands with Captain Jack.

CaptainJack_zpswkupvmex.png

Questlog_zpsegevm6yt.png

The Legendary Banshee Quest (LvL 60+) awaits beneath the Ghostlands
Are you ready to solve the puzzle of the Seven Seals?

BansheeQuestLevers_zpsytpyhu1o.png
BansheeQuestQueen_zpsf8ncvfpt.png

I would also like to Point out that I read Everything from everyone in this thread, I just put the most time to solve the problems and make new updates.
Thank you for playing.

Last edited:
i want to start but my acc invalid on site but can login on client just need a darn character

@Glaszcz Koldre - I was eating dinner with my wife and team-leading my squad in battlefield 4, now I'm back to deal with any issues and continue with the next update.
I deleted the weapons in the store as a new balance but might ofcourse re-add some if it ruined anything for Knights.

19:43 Glaszcz Koldre [47]: what about my bugged weapon?

Any weapon that got bugged by the upgrade system will ofcourse be re-placed and you will get a new one.
I am sorry that I didn't have the chance to be online by the time you logged in, you may play or quit, the choice is yours, I am only human.